Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

8 Mile and Southfield - Archdale @ Fargo. Born at Mt Carmel. Went to Fox Elementary, very first 1st grade class there and now it is closed. Coffey Jr High [[went to Kindergarten there too). Henry Ford HS, class of 1973. Lived on Archdale until 1974. Family moved to Rosedale Park. Then I moved to TX in 1978.

Grew up on Northwest side by Grand River and Greenfield and went to Mother of Our Savior grade school. We are having an all class reunion in August.
    Contact me if interested.

LodgeDodger Guest

Born at Bon Secours.

Lived at Pelkey and Seven Mile Road. One block West of Schoenherr.

Born at Holy Cross hospital on the East side, lived at 7 mile/Evergreen [[Braile ave.) until 1969, we moved to North East Livonia, Clarenceville schools area.

I grew up near holy cross, I had many a tetanus shot and stitch there as a boy. I was born in Deaconess hospital, have no idea where it was.

I was born in St Josephs hospital in 1964.
    I lived on Rochelle street near Queen until 1997.
    I remember we had a Standard gas station at Hayes and Rochelle, Chatham supermarket, A&P, Gunninghams drugs, Civic theatre, and numerous other businesses in the Houston-Whittier/Hayes area.
    My father was a brewery worker at Pfieffer, who opened an auto repair shop on Harper near Outer Drive in the early sixties.
    It was called "Windy's Safety Service". It closed after my dad died in 1977.
    Does anyone remember getting a car fixed there, or my dad?
    His name was Richard Windemuth SR., hence the name "Windys".

Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle St. View Post
    I was born in St Josephs hospital in 1964.
    I lived on Rochelle street near Queen until 1997.
    I remember we had a Standard gas station at Hayes and Rochelle, Chatham supermarket, A&P, Gunninghams drugs, Civic theatre, and numerous other businesses in the Houston-Whittier/Hayes area.
    My father was a brewery worker at Pfieffer, who opened an auto repair shop on Harper near Outer Drive in the early sixties.
    It was called "Windy's Safety Service". It closed after my dad died in 1977.
    Does anyone remember getting a car fixed there, or my dad?
    His name was Richard Windemuth SR., hence the name "Windys".
    It seems to me that we had a Mrs. Windemuth at Bethany. She was one of the cooks who made the hot lunch program work so well. Any relation?

Quote Originally Posted by DZanke View Post
    I grew up near holy cross, I had many a tetanus shot and stitch there as a boy. I was born in Deaconess hospital, have no idea where it was.
    Deaconess Hosp. was on the north side of E. Jefferson, if memory serves.

Hmmm. Maybe a mile or two east of I-75?
    Last edited by mikefmich; December-12-12 at 08:07 PM.

I lived at the corner of Whitcomb and Lyndon. Went to Burns Elementary and St Mary's of Redford. Class of '62

I grew up in the Cass Corridor behind Orchestra Hall, went to Burton International K-8, Cass Tech, then off to Flint for college. Moved away for a couple of years, now live in West Village near Belle Isle.