Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I, too, am a "victim" of the changing Detroit neighborhood scene. Started out on Baldwin and Forest. Then to Parker and Mack. Then to Hayes and Seymour, then to Moross and Chester. Kept moving farther out. This all started from 1945 to 1963. So I have seen the changes. This is all pre riot [[67) so things moved slowly. Riots made it so I never even considered going back.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldertimer View Post
    I, too, am a "victim" of the changing Detroit neighborhood scene. Started out on Baldwin and Forest. Then to Parker and Mack. Then to Hayes and Seymour, then to Moross and Chester. Kept moving farther out. This all started from 1945 to 1963. So I have seen the changes. This is all pre riot [[67) so things moved slowly. Riots made it so I never even considered going back.
    So your family started "moving further out" starting in 1945? Man you were sure ahead of the curve!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldertimer View Post
    No need for the quotes around "victim" - victims is exactly what we were. Unfortunately neither my parents nor my grandparents got out of the city in time and both lost BUNDLES on their houses by waiting until the drug dealers had entered the neighborhoods and the midnight gunshots were flying. I was the first and only generation of my whole family to ever actually make money on Michigan real estate - my house was in Grosse Pointe Woods, where there was still a police force that actually enforced the laws and where criminals actually went to jail.