Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Here's my top 5 places.

1. Pizza papalis
    2. Red smoke jerk wings are great
    3. Slow's bbq
    4. Union street rasta wings a must have
    5. Motor city soul food get either there fried wings or baked smotherd wings

I remember an Uno's Pizzeria and Grille in West Bloomfield that had the most amazing Buffalo Wings... they weren't breaded but were really crispy and tasty...

I can't seem to recall there ever being one in Downtown Detroit. I remember Ann Arbor having one back in the day, but never Detroit...

Sweetwaters has good wings and good food in general.

Quote Originally Posted by fooddood View Post
    Frankly, I don’t think Buffalo Wild Wings even belongs in this conversation. Everything about that chain is mediocre except for the size of the televisions. Quantity of sauce choices and quality are not directly proportional.
    Agreed. BW3's wings are far too scrawny. Need to put some meat on them bones! Besides, the *best* wings are grilled, not deep-fried...

Absolutely! I was going to recommend SWater! There's also a carry out 'joint' replete with bullet proof glass on Conner near Mack that is has great fried chicken in general... the batter is just perfect and not too greasy... but I can't name... 'so and sos' Fried Chicken - 22 wings for what not price tacky sign!
    Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
    Detroit proper would have to be Sweetwater.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-17-11 at 10:24 PM.

Yeah BW3 is hype. Small portions, pigeon size wings. Too loud, too expensive... phoney wings... Ick...
    Quote Originally Posted by thecarl View Post
    Agreed. BW3's wings are far too scrawny. Need to put some meat on them bones! Besides, the *best* wings are grilled, not deep-fried...

Call me crazy too but the Hungry Howies on Linwood and Clairmont [[not the greatest area) has really, REALLY good wing similar in taste to Sweet Water. I've tried them at other H Howies and they are not good at all. Not sure what they are doing at the Linwood location but I call in my order and off I go when the wing hankering calls as they're nearby....
    Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    Call me crazy, but I love the barbecue wings from Jet's Pizza in Hamtramck.
    \
    I suspect they put crack cocaine in the barbecue sauce.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-17-11 at 10:22 PM.

Nope, not breaded...
    Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    Are Sweetwater's wings breaded? I live with a serious wing lover, but he prefers non-breaded wings and they're hard to come by, which is why he says Buffalo Wild Wings are the best.

Oh, I'm getting hungry. Guess I'll go make so dry boring popcorn... are the ribs at Sweetwater similar in taste to the wings?
    Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    +1 to that for sure.

Not to mention Sweetwater's ribs.... I know everyone is going to rave about Slows but Sweetwater has the BEST ribs in Detroit, in my opinion.

Can't believe nobody mentioned Hooters. I think their wings are really good.

Best wings I've had are at The Lodge on Orchard Lake in Keego Harbor.

------Worst wings? Happy's Pizza Wings IMO. Ugh!

Northern Lights has "lava wings" that are excellent. They don't have traditional buffalo sauce, but instead have a spicy sauce that has more of an asian flavor to me.

Lefty's near WSU also has very good wings.

Live from Sweetwater. Had wings and a burger. Wings were decent but the sauce still has me at BW3. I would order them again though! Not real saucy but it was baked in.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Can't believe nobody mentioned Hooters. I think their wings are really good.
    He said in Detroit

Sweetwater handsdown!!!

Wing Heaven on Gratiot also has great wings, just remember to wear a bullet proof vest and helmet lol

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Helm.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Helm.
    And in that order...

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    He said in Detroit
    I was wondering why people were suggesting places not inside the city limits of Detroit when the title of this thread says, "Best Wings IN Detroit."

Downtown Guest

Anyone ever tried City Wings on W. Grand?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2