Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Man! These bird realy get a lot of food. Mother nature provides a lot of insects, bugs and other critters to feed these blokes. They almost outgrow the nest already.

The bird have outgrown the nest. Today was a day of a bit of drama. I guess the fifth chick never made it. Today I was looking into the nest and I only counted one beak in the nest. I was looking around to see where the others went. I found one chick on the ground, alive. I guess instinct tells them to leave the nest as soon as possible or that the strongest chick pushed the weaker ones out of it. I picked the chick and immediately the panic insued. The parents tried to intervene. I picked it up and put it back onto a branch near the nest and hope for the best.

I took some distance again and mum and dad kept coming back with worms and insects as they always did. I went back to the nest and the chick I put back onto the branch is back in the nest. Maybe I saved it, maybe it will try to leave again when I'm not around.

A few days ago. There were still more than two chicks in the nest.

Dad on my car, looking scruffy. Showing the signs of parenthood.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; June-20-10 at 05:54 AM.

Whitehouse, thanks so much for these pictures and narratives. Am really enjoying following this story. Such a nice change. Hope you are looking for another new pictorial story to share with us after this one is completed!

And it has ended....

I just came home and the nest is empty. I guess mother nature worked as she intended to do. The chicks grew up and left the nest. Judging by the last pictures I have I think at least three chicks made it into adulthood, if you can call it that. For now I think they are still a bunch of spoiled brats! Hahaha!

A new series? How about a picture series about Detroit steel in The Netherlands? Just today I saw a 1930's Packard on the motorway! [[Well, not under his own power, but on a car transport. But still, you don't see that everyday!)

On July 3rd a new car museum will be opened in Wassenaar, a post suburb of The Hague. I was involed in the very early stages, and only the very first stages in the building of that museum. The company I work for did the ground serveying. The complex itself was designed by two American architects Michael Graves and Gary Lapera.

This will be opened by none other than Her Majesty Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands. In fact, she around the block. Not even a mile away.

Wikipage of Huis Ten Bosch, the Royal Palace.

The Museum was housed in the city of Raamsdonksveer. The collection is currently on the move to The Hague. Two days ago I saw a transporter with quite an expensive cargo on board....
    Check out this collection!!!

Official website. [[in English)

The father of the museum founder was the owner of Dodge Brothers The Hague.

Found this picture from 1962 of a Dodge dealership in Amsterdam.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; June-25-10 at 07:22 AM.

And I hear you asking. Does the Netherlands also have an automobile history? The answer is: Yes!

And you might also ask: that car won't go, will it? Well, let me tell you that this is a speed demon! Due to the CVT transmission this car will go backwards just as fast as it goes forward, in theory.
    These days those cars are becoming more and more a collectable item. But in the seventies there were races held with these cars... backwards! Yes, these production cars could reach 120km/h backwards

Check this out!! eight minutes of fun!!

Another 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; June-25-10 at 10:46 AM.

WHite House;
    Have you noticed your winters getting warmer where you are?

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    WHite House;
    Have you noticed your winters getting warmer where you are?
    I think it does.... Last winter we didn't complain though. A record ammount of salt was used to keep roads navigable. Summers are getting warmer...

...But then again, there was one occurence this week which sweeps all theories upside down again. For the first time since 1947, and only the third time in 100 years, an Orca [[or Killer whale) was seen in the Waddensea, which is sea bordering the North sea! And what's even more amazing, this your creature, of about 3,5 meters, was captured alive. It's now recuperating at the Dolphinarium in Harderwijk.

News item.

In the first hours the life of this creature was in the balance. The experts think she's suffering from an infection and that's what caused her to be so weak. But today the message was that the situation is no longer life threatening. When the Killer Whale is strong enough the whale will be put back into the sea.

And here it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2