Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

We're discussing principle here, not my memoirs which have been less than holy on more than one occasion. But, thanks for noticing.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    My brand of Christianity is based on the Word of God, how can anything supersede that? When Jesus spoke to men, he spoke to them as individuals, and stressed to them a personal relationship with our heavenly Father. A relationship free of man's influence or control. He didn't want the faith of his followers placed in the hands of men. It's amazing so many cannot grasp that. Too wound up in "you must do this" and "you must belong to this group" and "you most follow these rituals and customs" "You must act this way" It's all Pagan and phony. And quite frankly a lie straight from down under [[not Australia) meant to confuse, discourage and lead astray.
    Hoo boy, where to start on this mess...

Jesus spoke to men as a Jew. The faith of his followers? Jewish. The Jewish faith was all rituals and customs, from the earliest times onward. What you call Pagan and phony is simply the whole basis of the "Christian" faith. What YOU practice nowdays is the invention of Martin Luther. Last time I looked, he was a man.

The faith of his fathers, it seemed, was corrupted by Martin Luther [[a man!) into the mainstream Lutheran religions, if using your logic is what you wish to do. If you were to be a true follower of Jesus, perhaps you should consider becoming a Messianic Jew. That would be more like it, IMHO.

Now, if you wish to speak to the Bible's accuracy, and what was really in the Bible from the earliest times, we can easily have a discussion on that as well.

I'm still trying to figure out which rituals and rites are "pagan".

Face it--Sstashmoo has no interest in discussing anything beyond what he already believes.

Martin Luther was an Anti-semite and undoubtedly a huge influence on Hitler himself. His book "the Jews and their lies" is pretty self explanatory and 180 degrees from what I believe.

What I believe is what is written. Why can't you understand that? Can you not have a discussion about the Bible without dragging out some history book to explain it to you? Or offer up some mans interpretation?

Jesus stressed to his followers that they must love the Jews. Martin Luther must have missed those parts, when he was picking and choosing his "religion".

What I believe is what is written. Why can't you understand that?
    That's fine, but do you agree that it's stupid to ignore things that have actually HAPPENED since that Book was published 2000 years ago [[e.g. various Protestant faiths electing to split from the Christian/Catholic Church)?

What's happened since hasn't changed it.

Stosh Guest

Martin Luther was an Anti-semite and undoubtedly a huge influence on Hitler himself. His book "the Jews and their lies" is pretty self explanatory and 180 degrees from what I believe.

What I believe is what is written. Why can't you understand that? Can you not have a discussion about the Bible without dragging out some history book to explain it to you? Or offer up some mans interpretation?

Jesus stressed to his followers that they must love the Jews. Martin Luther must have missed those parts, when he was picking and choosing his "religion".
    Unfortunately you have no concept as to what you "read" versus what truly was. The King James version of the Bible was written between 1604 and 1611 by the Church of England, which was created by Henry the Eighth. This church also was created as a offshoot of the Reformation of [[guess who?) Martin Luther.

This bible, along with most any other translation surviving, was written by men.

Jesus stressed to his followers that they must love the Jews? They WERE Jews... And the book that you revere was written by the same co-religionists as Martin Luther.

What's happened since hasn't changed it.
    So, if you read a book that was published before the time of Copernicus, you would believe that the sun was the center of the universe?

And if you believe what has been written in the Bible, please explain how you can do so when Protestant faiths conveniently ignore entire chunks of books [[The Apocrypha and Deuterocanon) that they don't feel are necessary?
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; May-27-10 at 09:14 AM.

Quote: "please explain how you can do so when Protestant faiths conveniently ignore entire chunks of books"

The same way when denominations add their own teachings, their own church structuring etc. You folks want to drag out history attacking believers, I can do the same regarding Catholicism, you aren't going to like it. As I said before, whatever you believe is the right way for you.

As I said before, whatever you believe is the right way for you.
    Whew! And here I thought there was no rational basis for anything you say or do. Glad to see you're not one just to make shit up as you go along.

So what you're saying is I can take whatever parts of the Bible I like...

...throw out the ones I don't like...

...add my own books...

...then attack people of other faiths [[including Catholics) for being "wrong", and insist that my own faith that I just made-up is more "correct" than that of anyone else. Because that's more-or-less how every evangelical church operates.
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; May-27-10 at 09:44 AM.

Stosh Guest

Quote: "please explain how you can do so when Protestant faiths conveniently ignore entire chunks of books"

The same way when denominations add their own teachings, their own church structuring etc. You folks want to drag out history attacking believers, I can do the same regarding Catholicism, you aren't going to like it. As I said before, whatever you believe is the right way for you.
    I see that you won't, or can't respond to my post above. Whatever.

Attack the Catholic Church all you want, I dont care. It's like attacking your own relatives, if you are a "christian". They largely wrote the Bible. So, basically, you are attacking your own faith. That's about par for the course with you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post

Attack the Catholic Church all you want, I dont care. It's like attacking your own relatives, if you are a "christian". They largely wrote the Bible. So, basically, you are attacking your own faith. That's about par for the course with you though.
    Protestants attacking Catholicism is like calling your own mother a whore.

GhettoP wrote: "like calling your own mother a whore."

And that will conclude this discussion. These people are so ignorant it's pathetic. Hit them with a little truth and they start insulting. Mother insults no less. Go rub your necklace or some bullshit. Brainwashed and evil.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; May-27-10 at 10:02 AM.

And that will conclude this discussion. These people are so ignorant it's pathetic. Hit them with a little truth and they start insulting. Mother insults no less. Go rub your necklace or some bullshit. Brainwashed and evil.
    Of what am I ignorant? That people of Protestant faiths steal the ideas they like from Catholicism, invent a few crazy half-truths of their own, then bash Catholicism at every opportunity?

Please do clear up my ignorance.

Stosh Guest

Yes, that's the ticket, Moo. When you can't back up your feeble shit, you head for the exit. Dissmissive and provincial isn't the way to live your life.

Personally, I take no issue with whatever faith someone chooses to subscribe. I do take issue when they make it clear they do not understand the roots of that faith, yet blindly subscribe to every teaching.

And yes, Protestants may have some valid contentions with the rites and rituals of the Catholic Church, as well as its hierarchy. But I'll tell you one thing, for sure. You won't ever find someone just up and create his own church from scratch [[with members of his family as the parishoners), and call it a "Catholic" church. You know, like these kind-hearted "good Christians":

http://www.godhatesfags.com/

Quote: "you head for the exit."

I did you both a favor by offering to end this discussion. We can continue, but you're going to need another blood pressure pill.

Quote: "I do take issue when they make it clear they do not understand the roots of that faith,"

Ever studied the roots of your faith? I cannot begin to tell you how ridiculous what you're saying is. And remember sweety, you started this discussion.

Again, I offer to end it..

Ever studied the roots of your faith? I cannot begin to tell you how ridiculous what you're saying is. And remember sweety, you started this discussion.
    Yes, I have. For damn near 32 years. Which is why I can, with confidence, make the statements I have on this thread.

There was this guy, we'll call him "JC". Gave the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven to his buddy Simon Peter.

Simon Peter becomes the first Pope, beginning in A.D. 30.

That's how the Christian, er Catholic, Church was founded.

Fin.

Quote: "we'll call him "JC". Gave the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven to his buddy Simon Peter."

Yeah this guy JC which all of Christianity was based upon is of little significance? Good luck with that....

Quote: "That's how the Christian, er Catholic, Church was founded."

It was founded in Rome by Constantine in around 300AD as the Roman empire began to crumble. It is a mixture of the then Pagan religions and the new Christianity. It was concocted to be universally accepted by everyone, in the hopes it would strengthen the empire. It fell anyway. In short, It's Christianized Pagan worship. The Mother-Son deity became Mary and baby Jesus. All the Pagan God's became "Saints" with Biblical names. Taking scripture out of context to justify some of it. Most of it is not justified by scripture at all.

checkraisej Guest

Like I said, other than Greed, selfishness and insecurity, show one good reason to be married.
    Plenty of the reasons listed have nothing to do with greed, selfishness, or insecurity. I'd like to see the reasoning behind extrapolating greed, selfishness, or insecurity from wanting to visit someone in the hospital. You asked for one reason and got a lot more than that. Is anyone else having trouble seeing how wrong this kid was?

Also, there's no need to cite a source. You asked for reasons and got them, where those ideas came from is not relevant because they are not disputable. I guess you didn't go to college.

Quote: "where those ideas came from is not relevant "

Go read the forum rules

Quote: "we'll call him "JC". Gave the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven to his buddy Simon Peter."

Yeah this guy JC which all of Christianity was based upon is of little significance? Good luck with that....

Quote: "That's how the Christian, er Catholic, Church was founded."

It was founded in Rome by Constantine in around 300AD as the Roman empire began to crumble. It is a mixture of the then Pagan religions and the new Christianity. It was concocted to be universally accepted by everyone, in the hopes it would strengthen the empire. It fell anyway. In short, It's Christianized Pagan worship. The Mother-Son deity became Mary and baby Jesus. All the Pagan God's became "Saints" with Biblical names. Taking scripture out of context to justify some of it. Most of it is not justified by scripture at all.

How can you found the Christian Church if Christianity already exists? The Catholic Church had already had 29 popes by A.D. 300. Please explain the disconnect.

In fact, 3 weeks ago in Mass, the second reading was from Chapter 15 of Acts [[written in the second half of the 1st Century A.D.) that describe a council convened to determine whether or not Gentile converts to Christianity were obligated to follow the Laws of Moses. Note that the earliest Christians were, in fact, Jews.

I think you have the Eastern Orthodox Church confused with the Roman Catholic Church.
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; May-27-10 at 09:27 PM.

Moo have you been reading these things?

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0071/0071_01.asp

Pam, No.

The Catholic religion is very powerful in the mainstream. The things I'm saying here are the truth. I really didn't want to discuss it, they pushed the issue.

Whats making this discussion confusing and probably confuses a lot of people, Catholic means Christian. It doesn't. In reality Catholicism has very little to do with Christ himself.

The whole Pope thing is a farce. First he is nowhere in the Bible or the Word of God. The Bible is quite clear, there are no men without sin. "all have sinned, all fall short of the glory" "the only way to my Father is through me". The Pope is undoubtedly a great guy, any more holy or righteous than any other man? total nonsense. Worshiping this man is pagan idolatry in it's simplest form. "Wide is the path and narrow is the way"

Even the holidays we celebrate now, Christmas Easter etc. were Pagan Holidays that were Christianized. What they accomplished was providing contradiction for the Atheists to beat believers over the head with when condemning them and their beliefs.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; May-28-10 at 07:44 AM.

The things I'm saying here are the truth
    No, they aren't. You are trying to rewrite history.

Catholic means Christian. It doesn't. In reality Catholicism has very little to do with Christ himself.
    Then who is that guy hanging on the cross I've seen in Catholic churches?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast