Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

croweblack Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paragon_belial View Post
    i don't know much about those houses, but i do know that the original owners sold the one closest to vernor and that it was being rented out. my friend went to look at the place and was told that there had been a homicide while a party was happening at the house and that there was a big blood mark on the floor. other than that, i've got nothing.
    yep that is correct--the two guys busted in with shotguns and OOPS! there was an off duty and armed wayne county sheriff in there.

one was killed in the house, the other escaped but was later found down the street still alive but in pretty bad shape.

dexterferry Guest

and to any interested purchasers, word is that wasn't just a random B&E: the domes were being used as an afterhours party venue and that is why the bad guys showed up. from what I heard, Gillis was even raising kids there before he rented it out, I think.

you can walk to honeybee and fresh tamales are just a few steps away.

gravitymachine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dexterferry View Post
    and to any interested purchasers, word is that wasn't just a random B&E: the domes were being used as an afterhours party venue and that is why the bad guys showed up. from what I heard.
    jesus, how long ago was this?

I never really considered this a tunnel, just a bridge underpass. It's scary but c'mon, its by the train station, you're only gonna see photographers and suburban highschoolers over there.
    go have a walk through there a couple times then, especially when its raining, lots of curiously destitute and desparate looking photographers and suburban highschoolers, but it does provide a good storm shelter for the roosevelt park summer camp. be sure to wonder at the myriad of gang graffiti down there as well. great place to stroll
    Last edited by gravitymachine; April-26-09 at 09:15 AM.