DetroitDad, I didn't realize drinking water was free - are you sure they don't charge for the cup? I think I'll send him with his own bottle that he can refill, hopefully they still have fountains.

Blueidone, I am right here with you about those rides. I don't do the crazy rides, only the things that go slow and lateral, lol. The boring stuff. I did a roller coaster the last time I went, and that was my first and last time on one, I thought my heart was going to burst. However, I enjoyed the shows and the games and the exhibitions.

You have to really pick a day that is not a popular day, to avoid those long lines. One year, we went on Labor Day and we expected it to be crowded - it was like a ghost town. I guess everyone else expected the same thing and stayed away, but it was wonderful. And middle of the week is a good time too, Tues through Thur.

Retroit, he will definitely not get $80, lol, but that's a good point as far as what that $30 will buy. He likes the backpack idea and he agrees its best to take your own snacks, so all he will do is buy food and 1-2 trinkets.

Crystal, thanks for sunblock reminder!