Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

I don't see a problem with releasing the officer's name. Aiyana's info is out there on full blast. SHE is the victim here. Victim's rights. She has none.

What is happening to this thread? Recent comments have disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by rustic2 View Post
    What is happening to this thread? Recent comments have disappeared.
    One could look at that as a good thing. We don't need that much divisiveness right now.

Buy American Guest

Any comments by greenfield and responses to them have been removed as far as I can see.

Also my comments regarding Fieger are gone. Does someone have some influence on this thread that we don't know about?
    Last edited by Buy American; May-18-10 at 09:18 PM.

It's kind of bad timing for ABC to announce that they picked up "Detroit 1-8-7 for next season".

What does it take to be a detective on America’s most dangerous streets? Get ready to be part of the action when a documentary crew rolls with some of Detroit’s finest, offering an insider’s glimpse behind the curtain of a Homicide Unit. The cameras unearth the crisis and revelation, heartbreak and heroism of these inner city cops — moments of raw exposure when they address us directly, as well as private moments when they forget they’re being filmed.

There’s the damaged but driven Detective Louis Fitch, a wily homicide vet who is the most respected
    – and most misunderstood — man in the division; Detective Damon Washington, Fitch’s new partner, who finds the first day on the job is a trial by fire, complicated by the imminent birth of his first child; Detective Ariana Sanchez, sexy, edgy and beautiful, who has emerged from a rough background to become a rising star in the department; Narcotics undercover cop John Stone, a streetwise smooth talker, clever and quick with a smile made for the movies, who is teamed with Sanchez — a combustible pairing rife with conflict and sexual tension; Sergeant Jesse Longford, a 30-year veteran struggling with his impending retirement from the force and the city he loves, who, together with his partner, Detective Aman Mahajan — a fully Americanized son of Indian immigrants — form an amusing mismatch of experience and enthusiasm, intellect and instinct, old school and new world, but whose combined skills have never encountered a case that couldn’t be cleared; and all are headed by Lieutenant Maureen Mason, a strong-willed single mom struggling to balance home and work.

The men and women of Detroit Homicide are as smart and tough as they come. They have to be, working the neighborhoods of the once and future Motor City, a rebounding bastion of middle America still saddled with the highest murder rate in the country.

“Detroit 1-8-7” stars Michael Imperioli [[“The Sopranos”) as Detective Louis Fitch, Jon Michael Hill as Detective Damon Washington, James McDaniel [[“NYPD Blue”) as Sergeant Jesse Longford, Aisha Hinds [[“True Blood”) as Lieutenant Maureen Mason, Natalie Martinez as Detective Ariana Sanchez, D.J. Cotrona as Detective John Stone and Shaun Majumder as Detective Aman Mahajan.

The series is produced by ABC Studios. The pilot was written by Jason Richman. Executive producers are Richman, David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman and David Zabel. Jeff Nachmanoff directed the pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    From WWJ:
    "The father of Aiyana Jones, a 7- year-old girl fatally shot in a Detroit police raid, is now becoming the focus of the investigation.

Police say the girl's father, Charles Jones, may be involved in a murder.

Detroit police was searching the Jones' family home for a homicide suspect. After throwing an incendiary bomb, premature shots were fired into the home that shot Aiyana.

Controversy surrounds Aiyan's death due to police officers' disputed claims that the girl had accidentally been in the line of fire because her grandmother had engaged in a physical altercation with the police.

During the raid, police arrested the homicide suspect in the upper part of the duplex . The suspect is a 34-year-old man who is the fiancée of Aiyana's aunt.

The suspect is connected to a 17-year-old Detroit High School student who was shot to death outside of a party store on Mac Avenue last Friday. He was allegedly shot because the gunman did not like the way the teen looked at him
    Police say that witnesses also put Jones at the murder scene and say he may be involved in the teen's murder. It is unclear if police believe Jones was allegedly the get-away driver or just a bystander."
    If it is proven the father was involved in the 17 year olds murder, he should have charges of child endangerment added to any other charges since he and the murderer were in the house. Additionally, he bears the burden of being the most responsible for the death of his child.

I find Feigers claim that the shots came from outside are completely false because not once was that said by anyone inside the house before he was hired. I also think that the family hiring him isn't helping anything. Feiger doesn't want justice, he wants money, which is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    If it is proven the father was involved in the 17 year olds murder, he should have charges of child endangerment added to any other charges since he and the murderer were in the house. Additionally, he bears the burden of being the most responsible for the death of his child.
    Number one you are quite the tunnel visioned individual aren't you? I have always failed to understand how people think like you do.

Number two, I think you really need to read closer the many articles that are out there concerning what is known about this case. Your philosophical conjecture contributes nothing.

It's kind of bad timing for ABC to announce that they picked up "Detroit 1-8-7 for next season".
    I can already tell that's garbage. Not even worth watching once.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Any comments by greenfield and responses to them have been removed as far as I can see.

Also my comments regarding Fieger are gone. Does someone have some influence on this thread that we don't know about?
    It's too bad there is censorship on this web site, but there is. It's too bad that Greenfield typifies too many Detroiters who wouldn't think of rising up against the gun violence in Detroit until they can put a white face to it, but there are.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    It's too bad there is censorship on this web site, but there is. It's too bad that Greenfield typifies too many Detroiters who wouldn't think of rising up against the gun violence in Detroit until they can put a white face to it, but there are.
    Rest assured, the majority of us Detroiters don't think that way. But, whether we agree with him or not, Greenfield's voice deserves to be heard. It's unfortunate that some posts were deleted.

It's tragedies like these that bring out the monday morning quarterbacks, on several levels of society. First of all, when the 17 year old was shot and killed, where was Ron Scott? It happened during the day, not the middle of the night, and yet he was no where to be found. He wasn't scouring the neighborhood looking for witnesses or jumping in front of the camera to ask the public for help. He is a self appointed leader against police, with little to no concern about the hundreds of victims injured/shot/killed by citizens of the city. Ron Scott's son shot at police, and in turn was shot and killed by police. That is this guy's claim to fame, and why he has this personal vendetta against the police with little regard for the victims not involving police.

Where was Fieger? Did Fieger come to the rescue of the family of the 17 year old shot and killed over a stare down? Did he offer to represent this family in his quest of bringing justice? No, but he wasted no time jumping in front of the camera to represent the second victim, as it had ties to both police and the city, which to him brings $$$ signs. Fieger was also quick, within hours, to announce his lawsuit against Dearborn Heights and their police department regarding an incident where a woman was killed after turning in front of a police vehicle with lights and sirens. Lastly, what video could he possibly have other than camera phone footage? At 1 am, likely very poor lighting, how could he come out publicly and state without a doubt "That shot came from outside the home." I can only hope that Detroiters and the people of Michigan never resort to putting this guy into any sort of political position.

As more facts come out, it is now known that Aiyana's aunt was engaged to the guy who shot and killed the 17 year old. So initial reports that led us to believe there were no ties to that guy, he lived upstairs, seem to be a stretch. Somebody in that house knew what the guy did, and yet they chose to remain silent. After the fact, family members, and often people from the block, will say just about anything to contradict what happened. It could be their hatred towards police, love/friendship towards the murderer they were trying to protect, and simply their way of getting the justice they want for the loss of Aiyana.

In the end, a 7 year old is still dead, as is a 17 yr old. Had the 17 year old not been shot and killed, the 7 year old would still be alive.

As some of you have come to realize, I am much more religous than I use to be. While attending Officer Huff's funeral, a relative spoke on the topic of religion, and of Huff's devotion to God. Though he said we all question what we could have done differently to have saved Huff, he said that God has a plan for all of us, and that it was Brian's appointment to punch out. We can't change that, we can't reschedule our appointment with God. We can't always explain, and we seldom understand why, though we must believe that it is of God's will.

Lastly, try taking an open minded look at society for a second, and the mentality in which most people live with. This girl was shot and killed by an officer of the law, an employee of the city of Detroit. The next logical step always seems to be to get a lawyer and sue. My question is, why? Had Aiyana been killed by the guy who killed the 17 year old, would the family have sued him? What if it would have been a stray bullet from a drive-by? Would Fieger come to the rescue to represent them? Out of the 400+ homicides a year in Detroit, how many civil lawsuites are brought against the murderers? Of those, how many retain the best attorneys money can buy? Is it believed that money will somehow make the loss easier?

Supersport, I've been waiting for you to weigh in. Thanks.

Buy American Guest

I have seen some pretty savage comments on this thread, I have read some pretty nasty language on this thread, I have read many true comments, many untrue comments. I have read what your opinion is, your point of view...all of that...and through all of it I never figured there would be someone here censoring me unless I was actually threatening a member or someone else. I am truly disappointed in DetroitYes that comments were removed from this thread because someone judged them inappropriate. I may be the next one gone because I vehemently am against this type of thing unless it is actually directed at someone with bodily harm. Does anyone agree or is it just me who is angry?

No Buy American, I agree completely. I replied to someone the other day and POOF...their comment and my reply disappeared. Odd.

I agree too. I've seen threads with much worse than what was said here. I don't understand why all of it was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    I agree too. I've seen threads with much worse than what was said here. I don't understand why all of it was removed.
    Hopefully, Lowell will weigh in with what's going on as far as censorship. I hope that this site doesn't lose it's focus the way John Bennett's site has. DetroitYes has become one of the Jewels of Detroit in its own right.

My guess would be that there was a formal take-down request issued. May have come from Feiger. May have come from somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersport View Post
    Lastly, what video could he possibly have other than camera phone footage? At 1 am, likely very poor lighting, how could he come out publicly and state without a doubt "That shot came from outside the home." I can only hope that Detroiters and the people of Michigan never resort to putting this guy into any sort of political position.
    As someone who has been known to handle a video camera from time to time, I can respond to that part. If a shot was fired from outside the home then a camera would've been able to pick up the muzzle flash, even if it was shot with a cheap cell phone in the worst possible lighting. No muzzle flash = no shot fired.

However, if the weapon in question had a flash suppressor on it then that would change everything and one can disregard this post.

Well it looks as if all the arm chair quarterbacks have it all figured out. The investigation is not completed and probably won't be for several weeks. I can rest assure you that if the investigation reveals what the police have said, people will say the State Police are covering it up. Either way the investigation ends up no one will be happy. Tragic mistakes happen and we all at one time or another have made a mistake, maybe not tragic but a mistake.All the venom in the world will not undo what already has happened.

hhockey, I couldn't have said it better. Nobody could have said it better. Nothing can change or undo the events of the past couple weeks. There is no consolation.

It's so sad that this child had to die. That family is responsible - period! They put her in harms way by hiding a killer.

Four teens at Eastland filed charges against Charles Jones, say he threatened them Tuesday...they were wearing t-shirts commemorating the 17-year-old ...
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/23610228/detail.html

MSP ended up having to get a search warrant and a locksmith to work on their investigation. While they were there they found stolen cars in the back yard, and an illegal electricity hook-up

Michigan Guest

Am I vindicated yet?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast