Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by davemarc View Post
    Bahbay,My uncle ran Angott for years.Thats where I did all my buying as a youth.They where the largest independent wholesaler in michigan.Whenever a national act came through town they would stop by.Got to meet a lot of cool people that way. Dave
    I worked for some of the chain music stores. I used to order from Angott and Vinyl Vendors in Ohio to get regional and hot sellers to get through the weekend. One guy I knew, Steve Gust, went to work at Angott. Don't know what happened to Steve. He had some problems.

Hello all, In a Detroit website, bruceharkness.com on pg 41 of the Urban Interiors chapter a guy talks about his Chene St. business, originally a record store owned by his father, which he inherited and later turned into a bait shop. Anybody remember that one?? Interesting stuff. If you are into Detroit blues, also check out the Blues and Colors chapter. Photos of the local blues greats, Uncle Jessie White, "Wild Child" Butler, Willie D. Warren at the Attic Bar and Soup Kitchen Saloon.

Happie Guest

I'm totally dating myself, there was this store on gratiot, the guy had a beard [[that really nails it), and his uncle worked for Phillips. We used to steal the mercury switches out of thermostats in new houses being built [[my little brother got "caught" one night, but he talked big and scared off the "citizens" who confronted him, too funny, his voice was still cracking, tee hee).

Anyhow, we made this switching device that swirled the sound all around this circle of speakers, really cool. So I showed it to this guy, and he's like [[stoned, mind you) "We're gonna make some big money off of this, just wait till I show my uncle". Of course squat diddle ended up happening. Cool store, they also sold guitars in the back, monster amps, and me and my brother had VIP passes to jam whenever we wanted, even though in retrospect, we kinda sucked.