Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yes, Ch 7 seems to be cutting to the bone. Erik is a class act. A contrast with Billy Bonds, never a bad thing about Erik or Hodak. What about WWJ being a real news station? Maybe a Tampa like Bay News 9 that Brighthouse runs would be good for Erik.

I wish he would've had a chance to say goodbye. His last day was supposed to be the 26th but they took him off the air 2 days before that.

Just to clear the air about Erik Smith's "last Day" - they [[WXYZ) had planned a good bye day on May 26th, but he didn't want any hard to deal with farewells. "No on the air obituaries", he said. His contract was due to expire on the 31st. They did offer to let him videotape a farewell to the morning audience, but he declined, indicating it would be too difficult for him emotionally.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnewzdood View Post
    Just to clear the air about Erik Smith's "last Day" - they [[WXYZ) had planned a good bye day on May 26th, but he didn't want any hard to deal with farewells. "No on the air obituaries", he said. His contract was due to expire on the 31st. They did offer to let him videotape a farewell to the morning audience, but he declined, indicating it would be too difficult for him emotionally.
    Hey oldnewsdood - is that you Erik behind those shades?

I believe that he OFFERED to tape a farewell to the audience, but would allow no editing of what he what he was going to say to his audience.
    The thing is he is NOT retiring. Just let go from 7. You will definitely see him around when his non compete expires.

Here's a Facebook page for him if you're interested:
    http://www.facebook.com/search/?post...605?ref=search

Default Anchors Leaving TV.

Who's Brad Edwards, he's certainly not a Eric Smith or Huel Perkins.

Sam Rubin on the KTLA Morning News out here....before the Internet became so prevalent he had a deal where whenever a radio or TV station fired their on-air people they'd never get a formal "goodbye" to their audience, so he'd bring them on & let them do it during his Entertainment Report

And here's Erik's and Capt. Dennis doing freelance work at the Woodward Dream Cruise

http://vimeo.com/14289650

Default Erik Smith

What a wonderful man Erik Smith is. I thought he was on vacation, then I thought he had taken the summer off. Well now I find out it's neither. I miss waking up to him in the morning and listening to him while my husband and I are both getting ready for work. I am 51 years old and that man has been on TV as long as I can remember. That is why I watch channel 7 news, I grew up with him. I sure hope I get to see him on the news soon.

Default I Miss the Old Faces of Channel 7

I am telling you that I am switching to another station. I want them to bring back Erik and Dennise and put Dave back on mornings....maybe then I will return.

Robbie Timmons announced she's leaving soon, too. Guess that means Diana is probably next.

Stromberg2

and in 2 weeks from now . lol Jerry Hodak retired as well so something smells rotten about all this lol Well I'm sure Jim Brandstatter would mind having his wife around the house more often . I remember her doing a story from Au Gres years ago , they have a cabin along US-23 near there along Lake Huron , I still see the Brandstatter mailbox on my way to Tawas so they must still own it . Apparently Robbie's father wanted a boy and never got one so he taught carpentry to Robbie
    and now she is very good at gutting places and rebuilding them , it relaxes her she says lol Who woulda thought lol

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    Robbie Timmons announced she's leaving soon, too. Guess that means Diana is probably next.

Stromberg2
    I just heard about Robbie's retirement
    I think you're right about Diana. She'll be the next to announce her retirement. Mary and Cheryl had better get their speeches ready too.
    WXYZ's getting rid of their brightest&best. I'm through with the station!
    Last edited by trotwood; September-29-10 at 04:36 PM.

Wish the best to Robbie. Class act.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2