Again my attractions to animated things brought me back around to something I over looked before. The movie Coraline made many references to Michigan and Detroit [[Including a Detroit Zoo snow-globe?). Here's an archive thread.http://www.atdetroit.net/forum/messa...tml?1235420899 I remember one of the few cute thrills thrown at me in the Boston area [[along with the buskers) was riding the subway and being on an occasional Red Line car that had a hologram projector attached to it from some promotions department; if you looked out the window an odd ghostly ad for Coraline would show cryptic snippets of the film with title on the walls of the tunnels you went through.

I'm surprised no one alarmed the animated promotional as some kind of "bomb". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_B...ooninite_panic

The whole "button-eyed" symbolism attached itself in my mind as a way I saw how the homeless were routed and hedged [[one way or another eventually) into dual-diagnosis disability and being medicated from off-commercial companies [[if not Novartis) around the Cambridgeport area of M.I.T. [[who serve the military-industrial complex quite well). Concocting such poetic applications of abstract thinking is what helped keep me sane [[that and treating my photo-taking excursions and scavenger hunts like they were a deliberate voodoo ceremony) and get some transcending handle on things [[I also made-up personal stories about horses, green cats, and Mobius strips-for Boston seemed like one big dripping soused and medicated well filled with many ensnaring Mobius strips and petty, materialistic crab-like creatures. No serious delusions, just creative whims to occupy and exercise an active mind through trying times.). Boston was a place of culture and things [[but at what price?-the price of one's very own soul, that the very reductive-minded residents there would deny they even possessed. Similar was the Neverending Story installment that had a kid losing his memories with every materialistic wish he made), but I learned people and how you relate to them matter much, much more.

Truly I was glad to free myself from such a well of Mobius strips with a collection of photographs to serve as souvenirs.