There are plenty of homes in Detroit perfect for this, I actually had one behind my office....

The problem is that these people can't legally get Water, Gas, or Electric service and will many times steal it.

The guy who was squatting in the house behind my office had Illegal Electricity, Illegal Gas, probably had Illegal Water along with Illegal Comcast.

I really didn't mind the Electricity, Gas and Water but the Comcast pissed me off since this guy broke the tap on the pole hooking up his illegal connection and my internet went down or got super slow everytime it rained.

The last straw was when Comcast came around the neighborhood and did an audit and disconnected his illegal connection. When they disconnected his service, they decided to disconnect mine also.

The first time this happened. eventhough im paying for my service 100% ligit, it was just easier to climb the pole and hook my service back up myself then to wait 3 days on a service call since I needed my internet running ASAP.

Not an hour after I got down from re-hooking up my service, this joker was up there also redoing his illegal cable hookup, and then had the nerve to ask me [[im in the cable business) if I could give him some cable with some ends crimped on.

The second time Comcast came around and did their audit and disconnected me, I called Comcast and the Edison and reported the illegal hookup. Figuring if he had no power, he would quick screwing with the cable Tv.

The next day and for the next few months before he moved out, he used a generator