The Serra group didn't lose completely, the Cadillac franchise was dualed with the Pontiac at Superior.

And to add to the Palmer story, I had a third party call me to inquire if I would have been interested in becoming the parts manager there. The whole story of the dealership was related to me, and that even though GM "owned" the point, I would not be a GM employee, and no guarantee that I would be retained upon appointing a new owner.
The no guarantee, this is standard in dealerships when ownership changes. Been through this before, sometimes you get the elevator, other times the shaft.

Too many negatives, condition of the facility, uncertain job future, lousy job market in the early 90's [[I was at another dealership less than a year making decent money)no contract, and no promise of GM employment. Coupled with driving from the far northwest burbs, pretty unattractive offer.

A few months later, the plug was pulled. I went in one more time, on the inventory crew to make the termination return of parts inventory.

I wandered around during break time, taking in all the sights. Turn the clock back twenty years, the place still looked the same. In fact, I found my initials magic markered on the ceiling above the north shop that I put there in 1971.