Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

A better way to address the illegal alien problem would have been to require proof of citizenship whenever Arizona residents interact with Arizona public services such as obtaining driver's licenses, enrolling kids in school, or non-emergency medical care. My kids had to have a copy of their original birth certificate to enroll in our small Mid-west school district with very few Hispanics. That sort of screening would screen all residents and not just Latinos.
    When you get pulled over, what does the officer say?
    "Liscence and registration, and insurance card, please?"
    Now you can only asks whites and Native Americans for thier documentation in fear it will offend?

The only thing that is freaking out the illegal front groups is the fact that Arizona has passed a bill to enforce Federal laws that already exist. There is nothing unconstitutional about the Arizona bill. The only issue the Fed has with this is that the race groups they pander to are irked.

It's not an Obama thing, Presidents going to Reagan and Carter have all failed on immigration.

I heard on NPR last night that illegal alien prisoners currently in Arizona prisons will cost taxpayers 10 billion dollars over the next five years, and there are some 500,000 "known" illegals in the state right now. If this is not a drain on an economy, I don't know what is.

The government has failed to act for decades on this issue.
    I have always thought it was in part to the New World Order - erode the United States sovereignty conspiracy. Well, that and politicians pandering to the influx of illegals in order to bribe them for thier potential votes....

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    When you get pulled over, what does the officer say?
    "Liscence and registration, and insurance card, please?"
    Now you can only asks whites and Native Americans for thier documentation in fear it will offend?
    Where does it say that? Does that apply to black men driving in Grosse Pointe as well?
    The only thing that is freaking out the illegal front groups is the fact that Arizona has passed a bill to enforce Federal laws that already exist.
    Which is why this is a job for the federal government, not Arizona all by itself. Granted, the feds have done a piss-poor job of it.
    There is nothing unconstitutional about the Arizona bill.
    The "guilty until proven innocent" aspect might be.
    The only issue the Fed has with this is that the race groups they pander to are irked.
    Except that illegals can't vote. Could it be the groups they're pandering to are actually the business owners who like cheap labor?
    It's not an Obama thing, Presidents going to Reagan and Carter have all failed on immigration.
    True dat. It's a complicated issue that's not going to be solved by oversimplification and stereotyping.
    I heard on NPR last night that illegal alien prisoners currently in Arizona prisons will cost taxpayers 10 billion dollars over the next five years, and there are some 500,000 "known" illegals in the state right now. If this is not a drain on an economy, I don't know what is.
    How much of a drain would it be if all illegals were deported and Arizona's factories, farms, and regular folks hiring nannies and landscapers had to start paying "American" union-level wages?
    The government has failed to act for decades on this issue.
    I have always thought it was in part to the New World Order - erode the United States sovereignty conspiracy. Well, that and politicians pandering to the influx of illegals in order to bribe them for thier potential votes....
    Potential? When? How long [[and how expensive) is the legalization and naturalization process? That's what we should be fixing here.