Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

DetroitDad Guest

Default Guy Casin' Cars on Woodward - 04/17/2010

I just got back from the Subway in the Neon Hammer Building near Mack and Woodward. There is a guy walking up and down Woodward casing cars; walking very close to the cars at the curb, peeking in windows and walking all around on the street side too, near the Max M. Fisher and all. He's sloppy at it, I could just tell, you know?? He's got a long face, like a black Jay Leno, and was wearin a dark hoodie with the hood up, I told the valets in the lots at the Fisher and Ellington, they got his picture.

This is after seeing a failed smash and grab [[smash and panic) in broad daylight two days ago on a rainy day on Woodward.

You have been warned!

[[PS; It's not "snitchin" if you're protecting your family and guests.)

LL Cool D Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    He's got a long face, like a black Jay Leno, and was wearin a dark hoodie with the hood up,
    Is this supposed to be "code"?

DetroitDad Guest

No, it's supposed to be a heads up. I saw him doing it again Sunday night in the Corridor. Does "texting" in this kind of stuff work? I've been seeing adds around Downtown saying that you can text crime tips now.

Part of me wounders why this guy is turning to this in the first place. Why is our society producing people like this?

"Why is our society producing people like this?"

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

LL Cool D Guest

Sorry, DetroitDad, I mean you came right out and said the guy was black, so you were'nt trying to be cute. As far as "desperate times" goes, this guy seems real "bottom of the food chain", like those guys in that Joe Piscapo movie, busting up those parking meters. Losers in good times and bad times.

That's why I never recommend confrontation. You're a young guy, here's what I do: Get into weight-lifting, bigtime, and always carry a pack of cigarettes. If things look like they're going to get tense, light one up [[even if you don't normally smoke), and offer the guy a cigarette. You'll make a friend, and maintain some control of the situation. And you'll do yourself, and him too, a favor. It's kind of Christian, in a way. Works for me.

DetroitDad Guest

His skin was black, and so was his hair, his eyes could have been green, so what of it? It was a description.

Whatever, this post was a direct result of English's post about the People Mover. I like the idea of rating these guys out on here. The police don't have the resources to worry about petty crime, so it's on us to come up with some non-vigilante tactics to take care of it, and to convey the message that we are doing so to our peers and visitors.