Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 404 of 432 FirstFirst ... 304 354 394 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 414 ... LastLast
Results 10,076 to 10,100 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Zippy was the reason I left He was not one of us Garwood people

he had no business being here with all his bull shit .

Hoover

don't argue with idiots like zippy he will dray you down to his level and beat you with experience

stillrockin........great to have you back on board! I think OG would drink to that.

Hello to all my friends that live at the Garwood happy holidays

Hoover

Well I'll be damned.

Hello Old Guy

I can't tell you how happy I'm that Zippy is gone

Hey Bush how's the weather ? it's 80 today and sunny LOL

OG.....it was a telephone walk-through that really didn't need to be done......as soon as he found out that Nolan LaFramboise [[Skippy) got kicked off DY, he joined up again.....go figure.

what other of my Garwood friends are still on here ?

Collier put this photo up on fb. The place looks pretty clean.

Attachment 22113

I'm still watching the thread from time to time.....have to say this...

Larry I'm sorry you thought of the first reunion as anything feeble. It took me more than a year of almost full time work to pull that together. And the work that Gary Markely, Skip, I and others put in was nothing less than heroic. And Mark - for all of your complaining - Skipper scouted out the Sunday venue, put his own money up to secure it, helped be get everyone signed in, worked for hours to get the first night together. The amount of work was staggering and I really resent any statement that it was feeble in any way or any dismissal of Skippers involvement.
    The second reunion was hosted by Skipper - once again at his expense. After that meeting I didn't hear a word of gratitude for what he did.

I thought about trying another one but think it best to wait until Robin's movie is released. I've promised him to go for it again. I only hope that Skipper is willing to help. I can't do it alone and don't expect you [[Mark and Larry) will do anything other than attend - have a great time - then grumble about it later.

Ruth I don't know you're talking about I had a great time it couldn't been better for me

Ruth...... it's great to see you pop up here every now and then. You are one of the primary driving forces in the creation of this Garwood Mansion site [[along with Bush Mark and a few others), and I for one am forever grateful. I referred to the first reunion as a "feeble attempt at trying to relive something that cannot be relived with the same "rush" that we got back then". I'm sorry you misunderstood my communicative intention. I was referring to a pre-conceived expectation that many of those who attended might have had, and the fact that it might not have turned out to be what they themselves wanted [[or expected) on a personal level. This would be indicated by the massive decline in interest not only with subsequent reunions, but by the lack of participation on this blog. I heard the phrase "This is a one shot deal" several times at the first reunion, and for all intents and purposes that turned out to be true. You can never recapture that first "rush".

Now, as to the monumental amount of work and planning that went into staging these events....... well, there's just no way to measure it. I know you and Skipper worked incredibly hard and sacrificed much in order to pull these events off, and I have always expressed my gratitude and appreciation to you and the other folks who had a hand in making these things happen, and that includes Margie, and Markley, and anybody else you might think of. You guys and your dedication and staggering amount of work are not the "feeble" I was referring to. No way-no how. What you need to know is that absolutely none of this would have been possible without you, and I love you for it. If there is another reunion in the future, possibly after Robin gets the documentary released, I will definitely make an attempt to be there. Until then, stay warm and connected and electric.

Attachment 22117

well said now to talk about Zippy he didn't live at the Garwood

SR...I still can't believe you let me and Gus in the front door and asked us if we wanted to live at the mansion. What the hell were you thinking? Were you on drugs or something?

Quote Originally Posted by stillrockin View Post
    well said now to talk about Zippy he didn't live at the Garwood
    Does he know where it was?

Yeah, actually he did. He and I had some long conversations about things that happened at the house. We were both there on numerous occasions around the time that Johnny Winters, Edgar and Rick Derringer were there. Those were good times. We need to move on.

Hey Bush if I remember right you didn't pay your rent that month I'm not moving on till you pay up. Hoover

Nobody paid rent....did they? I thought it was the "leave a dollar at the door, 20 minutes later we were all crawling on the floor" Saturday night parties that paid the rent. When Breeze went away for a little while, I was the one who had to go pay the rent to Manny Harris at his office downtown. He was the fire marshal of Detroit, and his office was on the 12th floor of some big office building downtown, possibly City Hall. So, every month I would go down there all hippied up and drop $600 in one dollar bills on his secretary's desk to cover the rent. No questions asked.

When I moved in we all paid rent. I paid $80.00 for the fuze room right by the front door and had a really hard time paying that one time I didn't have the money and Don Williams chase me around the ballroom trying to cut my hair .I was the only person with long hair at the Garwood

Where'd you get the $80 from? Did you have a job......or something?

When I first moved in I was working at Ford motor comany

Found this link on Brophy Dale's fb page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/A260-...s/134467054268

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to all. Just got off the phone with Breeze. He said to say hi and wish all his Garwood friends and playmates the best of holidays. He's alive and living somewhere in northern Detroit. His kids have computers but he won't sit in front of one, says he doesn't even know how to turn one on. Thanks to the few that have kept this going. I do check by often