Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 400 of 432 FirstFirst ... 300 350 390 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 410 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 10,000 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Ruth...much better. I seemed to have settled down a bit and just let things take their normal course now......same politics but much quieter. Still writing tunes and recording.....Eugene says some of my new stuff sounds like Dire Straights....but more mature....?? I made it back to Detroit last summer and got Harry Boulier and Darrell [[D.K.) Bradley to lay down some tracks....thinking about getting back there this fall to do it again. Photo is Harry hard at work while Whaler is tuning up his Zig-Zags.

Attachment 21125

Now that was a fun Day...Poor Gash on Crutches!!!!!.....Good day in the "D" 74*...A Beauty!!!...Whaler

How's Harry doing? Or D.K. Haven't heard from them in a long time. For that matter, how's Gash doing? Not being a participant on facebook, [[due to questions I have about NSA, probably nothing) I don't see a lot of who hangs out there.

Attachment 21127

If I could get my hands on this 1941 Western Flyer RV, for a Musky trip to Lake St. Claire I'd take off in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by old guy; August-12-13 at 02:01 AM.

old guy......all the guys are doing just fine....I'll ask some of my car enthusiast buddies to keep an eye out for a Western Flyer RV for you. Failing that, I may be able to get you a deal on this Shamrock-Away fixer-upper. A little bond-o and a few cans of Krylon should do the trick. I guess you'll need a tire pump too.

Attachment 21128

How about this Model...Whaler
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Whaler.....Is that a German product?

old guy......there's always the Hyper-Loop.

Oh, that's right Larry, I forgot about the Hyper-Loop. What the hell is that?
    Probably something I should know about, before it takes me out. I never seem to know what's coming next.

old guy....http://news.yahoo.com/musks-hyperloo...082253075.html

Or, just hop in the old family car and hit the road....

Attachment 21141

Lowell [[or anybody)....can we access the thread archives and retrieve posts from the past....as in before we switched over to this current format?

Whaler, this was todays harvest. Been picking about this much every other day for about the last few weeks. It's all just starting to come on strong now, Life is good.
    Attachment 21181

Got some pictures of our flower project that I'm pretty happy with too.
    Eating well, feeling good. Made up about 3 pounds of pesto so far and might get about another pound or two. Getting ready to start making wine soon. Getting back to fishing soon. Gotta love summer.

Old Guy!!!!!...Really Nice...The Varments go int a little of mine...Cayanne working its keep Away magic now !!!!...Loaded with Basil now toooooo... Love growing...My wife Kim is a horticulturist grad Mich State...She is always setting me straight...Here is my photo fm yesterday All we needed was Stonefront at The Old Miami...Stone..the Owners said hi to you and Gar Wood Gang!!!...Whaler
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'd LOVE to do a real deal Stonefront Reunion gig there. Great little video you put up on fb......nice memories.

Not being on face book, what are we talking about?

Sorry, I think it's an NSA based project. I'm not a conspiracy nut, simply a realist.

Attachment 21204I finally made it. All I could hope for. Semi retirement, the good life.

Old Guy...it's on YouTube ....Nice Pic!!!!!....Whaler

http://youtu.be/nCxx-VeJ4Nk

Attachment 21217Whaler, I know you've only been retired for a few months, but good God man, what's happened. I could slip you a few bucks if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    old guy...
    Or, just hop in the old family car and hit the road....

Attachment 21141
    Larry, I remember taking that picture of Fergie in A2. Probably about 71 - 72. That was Pete's car. Wonder what ever happened to him. He was the person that taught me about Detroit. Born and bred, As I remember he had 7 or 8 gunshot wounds in his legs and several in his chest. All from his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Attachment 21217Whaler, I know you've only been retired for a few months, but good God man, what's happened. I could slip you a few bucks if you need it.
    Yup...I really have let Myself Go!!!!!!....Whaler

For those that have no idea about what this thread is about, and we're about to hit 10,000 replies, just thought I'd toss this out there.
    John Collier

How about Rockwitt for 10,000...or Larry for keepin it going!!!...Whaler

I don't think Rocket Man is around anymore, unfortunately. Go for it Whaler. I'll stop up to Detroit and buy you a beer at the Miami.

Or two or three or so.

I still don't know who rocketwitt is. Bush Mark or Ruth deserve most of the credit as original Gar Wood residents for getting this thread rolling.

Attachment 21239Attachment 21240

Appreciate the thought Larry, but I'm just in it for the money.

Okay.........I understand.