Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 399 of 432 FirstFirst ... 299 349 389 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 409 ... LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,975 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Since we're on the subject of fish, my son's up in Alaska right now. Caught a 53 lb, Halibut, plus a few others, but his gal caught a 70 pounder.
    They're going trout fishing in some local rivers tomorrow and then heading up to Denali to do some trout and salmon fishing the next few days.

Me.... I'm going to a local lake to sit on a bucket and fish for bluegills and crappies this weekend. Huh...Attachment 20785

I better be getting some Halibut.

Incredible! Great photo....good looking family...

Attachment 20787

Makes my effort look a little weak.....and this is considered a decent catch by Southern California standards....

Larry, what is that. Can't make it out. Wouldn't mind being there either. Looks like a nice spot.

old guy....that's a Southern California halibut [[22 lbs.), and like I mentioned, it's considered a pretty good sized fish around here....nothing like what your son and his wife got up in Alaska. My friend Kenny Dietz parked his boat in the slip right next to my boat in King Harbor, Redondo Beach. It's a great little 32' Seaway built locally here in San Pedro by a guy that also builds the Harbor Patrol lifeguard boats, and we were hitting the open water 4-5 times a week. Great fishing boat with a Detroit Diesel straight 6 and a wide open aft deck. Tons 'o' fun......

Attachment 20808

Attachment 20809

And if you sit up in the flybridge and do not fish, but help some one reel in the line when you are ready to head in...Harbour Patrol comes by and gives you a ticket for fishing with out a license....and you get to give the city $400.00 dollars, which isn't that bad when you consider they could have impounded the boat and all gear and hauled the owner off to jail.....Have a nice day.....

I was going to mention that little episode, but I didn't want to bring up any painful memories....actually, the money went to the state of California Dept. of Fish and Game so they could hire more game wardens.......I was fishing the Upper Kern one day, and a bunch of kayakers was coming down the river when two of them broke from the pack and zoomed over to the bank....they were DFG wardens hiding in the group, and they tried to bust me and my buddy for violating one of the several hundred rules and regulations they have......we were clean.

Attachment 20845
    Last edited by stnfrnt; July-16-13 at 02:51 PM.

Gash you sounded a little Bitter!!!!!...Too many Rules in Life!!!!!...Whaler

John Collier Collier hard at work............this guy is the best!

Attachment 20907

Stone you are so right...Very fun to hang out with...Hey JC...Any photos for our perusing????...Whaler

Too much woman for me.......

Attachment 20933

Talked to Det313Grrrl yesterday....hoping to see her along with John Collier Collier soon in the "D"...Whaler

Tell both of them I said hello. And God dammit, I want to see John's book.

old guy.....my nephew is at it again up on Lake Delevan......it's getting ridiculous......

Attachment 20980

Wow ...Now that's a Lunker!!!!!!!...Whaler

The Garwood / Fishing Thread

That's a beauty Larry. I've been thinking that I fish that lake quite a bit, but after crunching a few numbers realized it's been about 37 years since I've been out in a boat and actually fished there.
    They printed our paper at a facility a couple of miles from there, so I've spent a number of hours hanging out at the lake over the last 11 years, but no fishing. Thinking about checking it out though.
    Getting closer to Esox masquinongy season up north though, and that's foremost on my mind.

Which will come first for this thread - 10,000 posts or 1 million views?
    Lowell - Honorary Garwoodian

old guy.........be careful! At one time, Lake St. Claire was known as the "Muskie Capital of the World" [[maybe still is).

Attachment 21044

lowell....my money's on 10,000 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    lowell....my money's on 10,000 posts.
    Ditto. I'll give 3 to 1 odds on it. Pay out 5 to 1 if there's more than a 10% differential. Place your bets. Old Guy needs some new shoes.

Lots of Muskies in Lake St Clair...Wish I could do a charter...Now that's Fishin!!!!!....10.000 Lowell....Whaler

Whaler....I'm up for a charter. How about old guy?

And, lest we forget, I think old guy was one of the original "go-getters" that started this thread......anybody know who Rocketwhit is? I seem to remember him from the embryonic era of this thread. Then there's our darling Ruth and a few others........thanks again, Lowell.

I have all the time in the world now'!!!!...I am up for Muskie trip...wonder what happened to Rockwhit!!!!!....Hey Ya'All still out there....Whaler

Ahh - I think I'm back on Detroit Yes web site- got bumped off some how
    How the heck is everyone?

Glad to see you back up and running, Ruth.

Attachment 21114
    Electric Ruth

how are you larry?

Hey Ruth!!!!...Good to see you Here!!!!!!!...Whaler