Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 398 of 432 FirstFirst ... 298 348 388 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 408 ... LastLast
Results 9,926 to 9,950 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

One of my fav Pics at Gar Wood...John Collier you're amazing Happy Birthday...Hope to see you at Dick Wagner...Whaler
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Great pic. What room was that?

I think that was the servants'/mistress quarters that Nancy and I ended up living in after we moved out of the master bedroom suite. There was a kitchenette [[Collier was standing in the doorway when he took that shot) with a semi-secret stairway that led downstairs to the swimming pool. There was many a time when I would open that door and "Screamer" [[Nancy's black cat) would greet me at the top of the stairs with her latest "catch".

Attachment 20365

Attachment 20366

Morning Stone!!!!!...Whaler

All time great photo.....nice job, Whaler.

Every once in a while, we'd have a few friends over to the Gar Wood Mansion for an evening of music and wine tasting....it was always fun.....until the 5th Precinct gunships and swat team showed up:

"Police on the front porch...knockin' down the door....
    Everybody started laughing...we'd all been here before.....
    Another Saturday night and we're just lookin' for a rock 'n' roll band"
    Gar Wood Party Song....music and lyrics by Merryman

Attachment 20433

Nice one Stone!!!!!...Whaler

The Brannon boys, Ryan and nephew Caden, are at it again on Lake Delevan....Ryan is my nephew, and maybe it's time he took me fishing. I'll meet you there, oldguy.

Attachment 20549

Amazing, I mentioned in an earlier post that they have such a huge population of walleye in Delavan that the DNR is actually netting them and taking them to other lakes. Seems odd, because it's a rather heavily fished lake. There is a back water slough that has heavy growth and generally provides a lot of bass, but from the photos, it looks like they're out on the main waters.
    I'm only about an hour away from there. Might have to take a day trip.

Happy Birthdat, Gus......

Attachment 20569

Attachment 20584Thanks Larry, I have to admit I forgot about that until I saw your post this morning. Made my day.

This was Gus last year up in St. Germain just before his birthday last year.
    Attachment 20582

This May we put several of his mementos, favorite fishing lures, a birch stick with his name on it, a crows feather, a hand carved feather and his favorite beer directly out from the spot he was sitting at in the previous photo at precisely 13 feet of water and all toasted him with a Heineken.
    Attachment 20583

I'd like to think it was a spot he'd like to be in.

It was a beautiful day.
    Attachment 20585

And a beautiful evening. Perfect ending.
    Attachment 20586

P.S. I don't know if you noticed one of his favorite lures was a Lazy Ike. Seemed appropriate. He was laid back.

Old Guy...Thank You for the Photos and Memories...Very Very Nice!!!!!!....Peace...Whaler

Guess the last 2 photos didn't work. Maybe these will.
    Attachment 20598
    Attachment 20599

By the way, since I'm too paranoid to do facebook, a number of people have told me they can't log on to this site anymore for some reason. So if someone would like to share the photos, etc. I'm good with that.

One last one.
    Name:  Gus-7.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  56.9 KB

Exhale !!!!!!....Sweet....Whaler

OG.....great stuff. I'll put a photo up right now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler View Post
    Exhale !!!!!!....Sweet....Whaler
    Whaler, nice timing. I assume you understand the reason the memorial took place at 13 feet. It also took place at 4:20 pm. Not sure why. Just a coincidence I guess.

Oh Yeaaaaaa...Fitting....Whaler

I'm missing the 13 ft. part....enlighten me, por favor?

Larry, the number 13 has always been associated with the 13th. letter in the alphabet "M", possibly reefering to a smoking material.

On a side note, John, the guy that was helping Gus in his last month or two told me a funny story. He was sitting with Gus at the health center he was staying at about a week before he passed. A nurse walked in the room and asked Gus if there was anything she could get him. He said, I'd really like a joint. She explained to him that wasn't possible, and he said, just thought I'd ask.
    During his last few days, he kept bugging John to take him outside to smoke one. John would explain that it wasn't possible to do so. John said it was pretty funny because he'd wait a few minutes, Gus would look at him and say, just a small one.

The day he passed away, a nurse walked into the room and found him laying on the floor next to the bed. She got him back in the bed and sat with him for about a half hour until he fell asleep. About 45 minutes later she came back to check on him and he had passed away. John was pretty much convinced that he was trying to make a break for it so he could get outside and burn one last one.

Got an email from Robin and he says there's an in house rough cut screening for Stonefront, The Garwood Years Documentary in London on July 6th. I'm really anticipating the release of John Colliers book soon also.

I'll gas up the Gulfstream and meet you at Baraboo........

Hey Stone...Can I carry the Baggage...Happy 4th to all Gar Wood Mates!!!!...Whaler

Found this one Lake Michigan ...Glen Arbor Salmon Fishing....Whaler

Nice one Whaler.