Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 396 of 432 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 406 ... LastLast
Results 9,876 to 9,900 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

At the Grande 1968...Found it at Louder than Love site on FB...A bunch of pics from Ruth....Wonder if there are mor from Gar Wood???....Whaler

From Ruth....Very Sad Day....Peace....Whaler
    Hi all

I'm sending this to just a few people - Please pass it along - I've lost a lot of the GW email addresses.
    I just received this message from Heidi, Gus's long-time partner.

Ruth...just wanted to give you an update on Gus. He is in an ALF in AZ dying from Hep C and diabetes. Here's the phone number for the Hospice A.L.F. if you or anyone else would like to talk to him. They take the phone to him 928 537 8098.

I'll phone the hospice and get the address and will send a card from all the GW gang.

Ruth Hoffman
    Last edited by Whaler; April-25-13 at 09:40 AM.

Gus is in a good place, with some good friends helping him out. His cell phone isn't working right now but someone is trying to get that fixed.
    I've talked with him a few times this week. I'm sure he appreciates everyone's concern. It's a tough spot to be in.
    If you need some information I might be able to help you. e mail me if you want.

Thanks Old Guy...Whaler

Just got word that our beloved Gar Wood Princess-Kendra Steinmetz-will be carrying her schoolbooks [[and breaking boys' hearts) around the campus of UC Berkley this fall. Big time congrats and much love to a very special young lady.

Kendra Rocks!

Gus and Neil, from the way back machine. I guess I was there but probably passed out on a sand dune when Penny snapped the picture.
    Attachment 19665
    This was up in Bolinas, north of Frisco.
    He'll certainly be missed.

Nice Trio !!!!!...Whaler
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Photo by John Collier..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Can't believe how this sad news hit me...OG or Ruth or who ever...if you know what arrangements are being made for Gus. please let us know...If there is something in Rkfd...I want to be there...or contribute in some way....Thx

I was reflecting on that photo in post #9882. It was the late 60's. I think Gus was staying at Stephen Stills place in Laurel Canyon and then headed north. Neil told me on the phone today that he was bringing someone's motorcycle up from L.A. to the Bay Area and it blew a rod on the way, so he ditched it in a field and hitch hiked the rest of the way.

I remember we were all living in an apartment in the Bay Area and some unfortunate event happened. We actually all got booted out of the Bay Area, which didn't happen very often in the 60's. We headed up north in Neil's van and camped out on the beach in Bolinas for a few weeks. This was before the Garwood days.
    Neil was from Detroit, Gus ended up there with Stonefront and I came back from Taos to join the group of travelers. Good times.

Haven't posted on this thread in years. Would like to say that we now have a published history of Detroit's eastside, Horsepower, Men and Machines, courtesy of a grant from automotive heritage area. The final chapter is a very good thumb nail sketch of Grayhaven history. The hardcover can be bought from JEBA.

Mostly I wanted to say that my complete history on Grayhaven which I put on hold for many years is still in the works. Most of my research is done and I have a grant request to the Knight Foundation which I hope is granted.

Blessings to all Sumas

Greetings Sumas, look forward to your endeavors. I remember talking to you as one of the first few people on this thread.

Sumas....great to hear from you after such a long time. You were here early on. Thanks for the heads up on Grayhaven history.

Great Story Old Guy !!!!!!!...Whaler

Wouldn't it be cool if we held a really cool well attended re-union this year?????.........Any takers

This is Lewis [[Lee) Elbinger checking in from Mount Shasta, California.
    I am going through old boxes and ritually burning anything that has emotional attachment so I can be light and free to move on to new heights.
    I found this among my things and sent it to Larry Merryman:
    Name:  STONEFRONT CONCERT.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  56.2 KB

Yes, it would be cool to hold a well-attended reunion. I will be in Michigan at the end of September and/or the beginning of October 2013.

Blessings from the sacred mountain Shasta,
    Lewis [[Lee)

I am always Free Now....No work Anymore!!!!!....Whaler

i'm game.....got to get some more markley and gash and hi-watt and d.k. bradley stuff recorded....what the hell else have i got to do?

lewis...i got the poster...thanks again.

I could go for a fall reunion.Summers tough for me. Too busy. Just a thought.

I've been going through some of Gus's paperwork, and i ran across this, I think it was sent from Jeff Swanberg. 2010.
    Attachment 19962

Thx Mark....Do you have any info on any arrangements made by family....Is there anything that can be done on behalf of Gus??????

Hey folks, I'm headed up north on a fishing trip for a few days. Gus was cremated a few days ago. When I get back, I'll send Ruth or someone the details of Gus's last few days and hopefully they can pass them on to everyone. As far as his family went, it was a bit sad, but I'd just as soon convey it on a personal note to his friends. Sorry if I'm taking a bit of time to do this, but it is what it is. He took this fishing trip with us last year and we plan to put him to rest there. He loved to fish.

Hope you can tip one to him this Saturday.Attachment 19978
    This was where we spent one of his last fishing trips.

Thanks, Mark.....I should be so lucky when it comes time to close my book.

Outstanding Mark...The Way it ought to Be..Will Toast one to Gus on Sat...Peace...Whaler