Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 395 of 432 FirstFirst ... 295 345 385 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 405 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,875 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Hey OG.....another proud moment for my good old hometown....http://www.wrex.com/story/20564215/2...urchase-of-sex

The guitar looks beautiful Stnfrnt. Does it play well? Is the action good?

Happy New Year and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Thanks, Rick. I couldn't tell you anything about the action, because I don't do any fingering or make chords because of my gimpy left hand, so I set it up for open tuning slide guitar and that's just fine. I am semi-disappointed with the sound, though. Those cheap pickups don't have any balls, and you couple that with the f-hole design [[which I love) and the overall sound is just a bit wimpy. So, I'm saving my nickels and dimes up for a Joe Barden "soap bar" pickup that I want to trade out at the bridge position. [[Every Telecaster should have at least one Joe Barden pickup) The tremolo gear is obviously a Bigsby knockoff, but I love it anyway. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I'm seriously thinking about doing a 6/12 string double neck for my next project. And you tried anything along those lines yet?

Default Here is the old Grande bill with Stonefront ...Whaler

[ATTACH]18118[/ATTACHh
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I found Eugene Skuratowicz....he's got a daytime job, and he's doin' alrigt.

Now we just have to find Fergie. Is Eugene in L.A.?

Eugene is up North around the Bay area...in Vallejo.

Attachment 18181

how did you find him? did you talk to him?

Linkedin....I sent him a Christmas card. Will touch base with him soon.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; February-14-13 at 09:26 PM.

Funny.... He looks older.

ya...go figure.

Hey Garwoodianesqueites, if there are still any of you out there, [[sorry, I don't do face book).I actually sold my newspaper. I also do work with the Chicago Tribune, and by law they were sending me bankruptcy notices every month, which made me a little nervous. Thought maybe it was time to get out. I'm still writing newspaper columns, but I'm no longer tied to a computer seven days a week. I might just be able to make a Garwood reunion, if they still exist or maybe even a DYes picnic which I'd really enjoy doing. Less press, less stress. Twelve years of deadlines was taking a toll on me. Looking forward to seeing some of you again.

OG...congrats on your newly found, stressless environment. There hasn't been much interest in G-Wood reunions the past two years, but I'll keep you up on any breaking news, if I can. Doing any ice fishing this year?

Not really Larry. Been up to Chequemagon Bay on Lake Superior, but the smelt aren't running and the salmon and walleye aren't hitting. Even up around Lac Courte Orielles, Lac du Flambueau, Namekagon and the Saint Croix Flowage it's all quiet.
    Strange, but true. There's been plenty of ice locally, 18 to 20 inches. Compared to last year when you couldn't even venture out on the ice because there wasn't much. But nobody seems to be catching anything, so everybody seems to have given up. And, it's been really cold.
    Since the recession started, I've seen people taking bucket loads of undersized panfish just for food. It's kind of sad. I don't think they get it. But, times are tough. Back during the depression people almost eliminated deer, but they were trying to feed their families. Not sure what's happening, but this always seems to happen during hard times. Maybe that's what's happening but I don't know for sure.

Just checking in. Registering a [like].

Here is a little song scrap.

http://jamq.org/jamqueuemusic/StHiJ2...-Rick_KeyE.m3u

Really just an off the cuff jam I polished a little by mixing. Has wah wah guitar and harmonica. Ha ha, wah wah is my new toy.

Hi Larry,
    Every once in a while I do think about building a double neck. For me it would be a short scale base and a 6 string.

I am teaching myself bass guitar right now. "Bass Guitar for Dummies" I find is a really great book! It makes sense to me now that I have tried playing bass on a few songs.

I am building a "stereo guitar". the 3 treble strings go to one amp, the the bass strings to to another. The idea is that I can have the lows strings be dirty with no reverb, and the high strings clean with lots of sustain and reverb for slide playing. Essentially I am playing country blues style on an electric guitar, so I only use the lower strings as bass strings. Hard to find the time for all projects.

Hi Larry,
    Of course, now you got me looking at double necks. Look at this strange one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en

Was listening to some classic Van Morrison today and reflecting on getting really drunk with him one night at the house. I could always hold my own, but man could he pound them. Thought about the fact that the only other person i got drunk with there that could out drink him was Joe Cocker. He didn't understand the concept of the end of the night. He was more fun though.
    Just thought I'd interject that because I don't know anything about double neck guitars. Also, I was drinking beer while I was listening to Van Morrison.
    Good times.

Hey OG..... I talked to Hoover this morning. He said you're going to take part of that $1.5 million that you got from selling your newspaper and go back to medical school over in India. I think that's wonderful!

Double neck guitars are a special breed. Sort of like double neck beer bottles. They're not for everyone.

Attachment 18851

Whaddya' think......?

DetGrllll...Has that Snicker on her face......Had Heart procedure Monday cleaned me out...Body is a bit out of tune...Going to start walking Monday ...Better days ahead...Good Vibes to all...Loved Old Guys drinking story...Know a guy here in Grosse Pointe that spent the night at his Farm....It seems he had the same experience..Ruined the next 2Days of his visit...Brown bottle Flu!!!....Peace...Whaler

Ya...That Van Morrison-Bush Mark drinking episode is a Gar Wood Stories Hall of Fame candidate for sure. It gets my vote in the first round. OG also went 12 rounds with the Outlaws, if I'm not mistaken. He was quite a contender back in those days.

Back in those days, damn ... not much left now.

Pic of Ruth from louder than love group on FB....Whaler

ATTACH]18885[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

what? when? where? why?