Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 389 of 432 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 399 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,725 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Default Update from Lee Elbinger

This is Lee Elbinger [[formally Lewis, but still Lee to the FOGs) checking in from Istanbul, Turkey. I retired from my job in October 2011 and spent 11/11/11 in Maui, Hawaii, with my daughter Spirit and friends. We visited the Haleakala Crater [[10,023 feet) at sunrise on that day and had a shaman fire circle that night. Spent December and most of January in Pleasant Ridge, Michigan, at the family house with Spirit and then took off for Israel. After two weeks of couch surfing with friends and relatives, I came to Istanbul where I have a huge community of artist and shaman friends. Plan to be here till end of this month and then it is either Dubai or India. I will return to the USA on July 4 and take it from there. I am on Facebook now [[Lewis Elbinger) for anyone who wants to follow my postings there. Regards to the Gar Wood Mansion crowd, Lee

Name:  wm-k-night--.jpg
Views: 5062
Size:  27.7 KBLee, I may have asked this before, but were you the person that set up the seminar at the mansion with William Kunstler?

Name:  Kunstler-file-1.jpg
Views: 2006
Size:  42.1 KBUh.... never mind. I just ran across this in a different file. I guess you did. That was one of my favorite times at the house.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Name:  Kunstler-file-1.jpg
Views: 2006
Size:  42.1 KBUh.... never mind. I just ran across this in a different file. I guess you did. That was one of my favorite times at the house.
    It was history in the making.

How Cool ...Wish I could of been there for this one...Nice...Whaler

Anybody go by the last name RITNER lives in HAWAII.
    I just was at a job and bill says his sister lived at Garwood.
    BGM

Quote Originally Posted by black gold man View Post
    Anybody go by the last name RITNER lives in HAWAII.
    I just was at a job and bill says his sister lived at Garwood.
    BGM
    Yep , I will answer that Yes with a but..most of us do not use our real first name or last names on this site. However it will be up to them to message you.
    Also love some of your posts.. There is a Garwood fraternal site on FB if you want to chat more personal. It would be nice to know who you are.

Oldguy that was a nice day with William Kunstler. I got to introduce him to the crowd before he started speaking. Would love to see the film of that event. Are You going to join FB.. , If not that's okay too.

isle...are you in the photo?

Default Pals

Stlrkn called from Phoenix,Az....sez he came across an old GarWoodian friend - Bob Rojec[sp?]..Not "Crazy Bob"...FOGgers are everywhere.

In the photo Oldguy posted , I could be the girl on the right with long hair, standing up, back to camera, dark top, light pants , hippie purse strapped over shoulder. I was really camera shy. The fact that John Collier got any photos of me was a surprise... one that I am grateful for today.

In the 3rd photo I would have been in the Pool table room or walking from there into the great room.

Highhat.. YAY! another FOG member , hope he's still crazy ... ha ha ha .. like the rest of us!!!
    Last edited by Isle_of_fun; March-17-12 at 12:03 PM.

Does anyone know if Mr. Collier is going to publish a picture book of the mansion? I know he has posted lots of pictures on his blog site, but I was hoping for a published book. I am loving looking at the pictures everyone has posted; I was only in the place a few times when I was a young boy, probably about 1970.

I took a short road trip down to see Gus Sunday. He's doing pretty good. Just about all fixed. Having trouble posting though. Son of a bitch beat me 16 out of 25 games at handball. But, after lunch we went bowling and I beat him 14 out of 20 games. Not bad considering he's got a titanium cane and I've got a peg leg made out of an old piece of sewer pipe and some treated plywood.

C. Man, sorry to hear about your mother. I'll give you a jingle.

Quote Originally Posted by ocmobilexec View Post
    Does anyone know if Mr. Collier is going to publish a picture book of the mansion? I know he has posted lots of pictures on his blog site, but I was hoping for a published book. I am loving looking at the pictures everyone has posted; I was only in the place a few times when I was a young boy, probably about 1970.
    Not sure. I believe he was planning to. Certainly hope he does.

old guy...does gus still have that overpowering corner slam shot?....back in the day it was devastating....guaranteed money...

Attachment 12620

Gleeman and 4string

Quote Originally Posted by RaumVogel View Post
    No....that's the name of a bar that has Gar Wood memoribilia all over the place.

Hey!!!!!! I WANT TO PARTY IN DETROIT WITH SOME GAR WOOD FOLKS AROUND THE END OF JUNE AT "OLD MIAMI"

WHO'S WITH ME???????

...i'm in for the old miami on the 24th or 25th...maybe whaler or dgrrl could run that down...got to try and catch markley before he heads up north...

I will check into that !!!!!....Whaler

Well It looks like it's going to be a small quiet party with Stnft, Whaler and me..........Wait........All you guys are kidding right.....youi are really going to be there......Right?.......You're just teasing aren't you..............Right?????

Well, somebody say something !!!!!!!

I can't make it Gash - - - too many other committements this summer But I hope you all have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    No....that's the name of a bar that has Gar Wood memoribilia all over the place.
    Thanks for the info