Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 388 of 432 FirstFirst ... 288 338 378 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 398 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,700 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Howdy All Ya'll ! YYYawwwNNN!!! [[with a growl) Well just heard Home Girl yawning. Me thinks that maybe Spring is ; right around the corner. Bob Gus, Hope that you have a peaceful ride back home, with the wind at your back.
    Last edited by Candy man; February-01-12 at 02:20 PM.

Goose Lake, ha ha. I was 16 at the time and was all set to go, tent and cooler in the car, with my 2 older sisters and 3 of my buddies untill my mom saw a reporter on the news talking to guy selling weed out of his station wagon. I'm saying to myself, YES!!!!, and mom said to us, you are not going. So much for Goose Lake.

i remember some guy jumping up on stage and trying to punch out mountain's bass player [[felix papalardi).....the rest is rather foggy....nice colors, though...i remember that...

black gold man has done some heavy research on Gar Wood and the Miss America series of boats he built and raced. Very good stuff......thanks bgm.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...ecum-Kissimmee

Super Bowl Sunday. No Lions, no Packers, No Bears, bahhh.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOOVER!

Knock..Knock...Anybody home ?

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    Boy, what a loss to the city. I wish that home still stood. I am going on the rum runners riverboat tour in the fall. Your Grandparents home would have been on the tour!
    Still looking over the thread Here is the real rum runner
    A rum-runner lies in wait on a dock in Sandwich, Ontario for the signal that it is clear to bring alcohol across the Detroit River to a landing plot on 17th Street. 1929

bgm....outstanding stuff!!

Attachment 12127

Following the wholesale slaughter of buffalo on the Great Plains, settlers earned money by gathering the skeletons. “The bones are shipped East by the carloads,” reported the Dodge City Times. “where they are ground and used for fertilizing and manufactured into several useful articles.” This mound of buffalo bones at the Michigan Carlson Works in Detroit, c.1870, suggests the extent of the devastation.

Wow...That is sick!!!!!!!

Looks like a fun place to work. I'd hate to slip and slide down that pile on your butt.

Default Community service

I found these on the atdetroit.net site and am re-posting them here:
    Name:  125033.jpg
Views: 1935
Size:  47.7 KBName:  123541.jpg
Views: 1759
Size:  40.5 KBName:  124901.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  38.2 KBName:  124905.jpg
Views: 1418
Size:  29.0 KBName:  124910.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  21.8 KBName:  125029.jpg
Views: 1473
Size:  29.8 KBName:  125030.jpg
Views: 2083
Size:  37.2 KBName:  125031.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  41.3 KBName:  125032.jpg
Views: 1540
Size:  47.9 KB

old guy........?

Attachment 12173

Yes, I'm in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOOVER!
    Wow I missed a b day week or two happy b day to all fog folks that I missed hows the buffalo bone riding going? Did Gash or any one get whipped up in the wind funnels this past week hope Gus has arrived at his sons place.we heard John C was just A channel swim away visiting neighbor island 8rd miles apart Molokai. Just like going down 8the mile rd a piece. Ruth stirred up any more pots HA HA HEAR the west coast folks are doing good. Well hi all luv ya<3.

stay tuned get it Larry

PEACE - I’m passing this on because it worked for me today.

A doctor on TV said to have inner peace we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives.

I looked around my house to find things I’d started and hadn’t finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiuminun prscriptuns, ana box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how fablus I fell rite now.

Sned this to all who need inner piss. And telum u luvum...

I knew I miss out just staying put with a little smoke now an then darn it

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    Here are my latest guitar projects

[ATTACH]11710[/I transplanted lap steel pickups onto Fender style bodies. The TeleRick and the SuproStrat. [[Rickenbacker pickup and Supro pickup). I am looking for that heavy duty slide guitar tone and natural sustain.
    Man have you been a busy guy

Quote Originally Posted by Isle_of_fun View Post
    Yes old guy, he has a been graphic designer, illustrator, fine artist and art teacher for 42 years.
    Gary M. and Rob both went to the same art college around the same time. More recently he has been doing pastel portraits of our grandchildren and other family members. Glad you and so many people like it, we have not posted his work on line yet.
    It was a beauty really liked it keep it going on good work mate.

black gold man has done some heavy research on Gar Wood and the Miss America series of boats he built and raced. Very good stuff......thanks bgm.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...ecum-Kissimmee
    Good work mate

Quote Originally Posted by gash View Post
    Gustafer Faw down go boom.....maybe "snap".....Nock that shit off Gus....don't ya know it hurts.....Ask Larry, He'll tell ya

thoughts and prayers are with ya Gus.....If you need anything, and I mean anything just let me know and I'll try to find some one to get it for you.....

Love and Peace at ya Bro. Go Do Go......Better wait till you heal up before you try going any where....Try to do some Good Things just laying there
    If wishes were kisses you will have plenty get good an relax along the way luv ya bra. Aloha

rockin rona....great to hear from you...all at one time...

Candy Man...tough times with your mother's leaving us....