Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 387 of 432 FirstFirst ... 287 337 377 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 397 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,675 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Default Old New Years Gig Invitation

This is for HighhatName:  bob.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  38.4 KB

...wow!...that's exactly how that flyer looked the first time i saw it!...

Hang tuff Gus Man. You will see a miracle, just wait and see.

Gustafer Faw down go boom.....maybe "snap".....Nock that shit off Gus....don't ya know it hurts.....Ask Larry, He'll tell ya

thoughts and prayers are with ya Gus.....If you need anything, and I mean anything just let me know and I'll try to find some one to get it for you.....

Love and Peace at ya Bro. Go Do Go......Better wait till you heal up before you try going any where....Try to do some Good Things just laying there

...ya...i broke my hip about ten years ago...major pain...they had me up on crutches the day after surgery, but absolutely no weight on it for 60 days...don't even think about doin' that, gus [[trying to walk), it ain't worth it...nope, it sure ain't...

these were printed on business cards...Steveo will repost a sharper image soon...

Default Pals

Get better soon Gus...who else is gonna help me tote all this damn equipment...

Default The Bob Stone Collectable

Name:  bob.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  30.8 KB Here is a better Scan of the Gar Wood Invitation ThanX to HighHat

Default Healinvy

Starting to walk with walker can go about 20ft should be in rehab starting Monday Thanks for all your support.

Really glad for you Gus!

...lots of work ahead gus...you definitely won't be bored...keep on truckin'...

Here is a thought provoking "What If" from my step daughter:

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday...

Just a thought......not worhty of responding to............GDGT

R.I.P. Etta James....what a talent

Joe Paterno...What a carreer

Both will be missed.....Both are iriplacable

Attachment 11857

...nice t-shirt on the fat guy, eh?...

That is funny i was going to make new post about GARWOOD. I havent looked through all of the post yet but i will. This is a film made at GARWOOD.

Last edited by black gold man; January-24-12 at 05:06 PM.

Hey black gold man...welcome aboard and thanks for the clips and info. I remember when that film was being made at the mansion. It's considered somewhat of a cult classic now. Old Guy [[ original Gar Wood family member and a cult classic in his own right) posted some info about the film on this blog a few years back. Great to re-visit those memories...thanks. 

Hey Gus.......Where are you and how are you doing......Hope you're healing and giving any nurses a run for their money.....Speedy recovery and let us know what's new in your world......

Welcome Black Gold Man.....Who are you and whats your story????

Hey y'all.....Party this summer ???????GDGT

I talked to Gus the other day. He's got a long ways to go but sounds like he's doing OK.

Hey, what ever happened to Mr. Collier?

Gar Wood leaves on vacation from his Grayhaven mansion in a sea plane.

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/history/index.php?id=128

"Welcome Black Gold Man.....Who are you and whats your story?"

My only connection to the gp area i have helped remodel many of the old homes.
    Drywall and plaster extraordinaire. Currently in need of work!
    I did some Garwood search a while back and that lead me to the BED THAT EATS.
    Sounds like there was some good party's there..I will have to do some more reading.

party yes let me know.
    BGM
    Last edited by black gold man; January-27-12 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Hey, what ever happened to Mr. Collier?
    He's hanging out on fb these days, I think he's in Hawai'i right now.

Speaking of John Collier, black gold man should check out:

http://collierpics.blogspot.com/?zx=12ae0485080ad8f8

Hell, everybody should check out that site...photo-journalism at it's best...Gar Wood Mansion history...

Yes i was going to post some pics but thought it already has been seen here.
    I was looking there a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by graynoodle View Post
    Unbelieveable, its been 40 yrs ago,today, Goose Lake International Music Festival
    Yall sound like a great group of people. I really wish i could have made garwood back in the day. 10 years beyond my time. I remember pulling up to the boat house sometime in the 80s
    but didn't get off the boat. I missed goose lake by a few years too. But i do have a tye.
    Around 75 or so the my old man got a camper and that is were we kept it goose lake.
    I did some work for don sanders i thank that is the name. He was the guy that put on the show. He opened the camp ground there after the concert. Every year he would show the movie of the festival. The girls were very loose with it and lots of drugs in the area still.
    The towers and slide were still there the stage was enclosed to a rec center.
    I read some ware ted nugent bought bought the pa system BIG RED maybe it was at cobo
    At one of teds early 70s shows. "DO YOU WANT IT LOUDER" he screamed.
    Anyway i got the family thrown out the camp park. A little hash trouble.

Find me some Drywall work i am starving.
    BGM.
    ps any body remember a park in warren common rd and hoover behind
    counsino high school. People came from far to get drugs there like in 76
    lynch park i think. Every body came there bikers too.

Last edited by black gold man; January-27-12 at 09:28 PM.