Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 381 of 432 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 391 431 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,525 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

I wish I would've went with Jingles instead; the Boofland part makes it too long - I was at the state fair one time in the early '60s and won a box of Hollywood candy bars from Poopdeck Paul, I can''t remember why, the candy bars were awful, but I was a Forever Yours man then - I sold them for two cents a piece [[I think they cost a nickel retail), and there were 24 of them [[but I ate one)...what's that 5.50?........thanks Poopdeck!

I thought I saw a guy down by the State Fair, that looked just Like Captain Jolly, I was so excited, that I almost threw up. It turned out that it was just a guy with a beard, and I realized that I was on Acid. Life sucks. Then you think you saw Captain Jolly.
    Last edited by Bigb23; September-23-11 at 07:00 PM.

Yeah, but when you read about what he did that day and how he saved the lives of his fellow marines, and killing two enemy soldiers as well, it's understandable why the navy named a ship after him - Sometimes US ships end up in the most unlikely places....like Turkey! - My dad was on the USS Missouri BB-63 during Korea as a marine - I don't even know where the Missouri is anchored today.
    Mr. Jingles - I've had this on my hard drive forever, I just want to pass it along.

Attachment 10744

Ooh Rah.
    Last edited by Bigb23; September-23-11 at 11:50 PM.

Way cool Bigb23 - I saved it on my hard drive.

Good Mornin' all Ya'll, Well, the summer is winding down with a golden Aspen indian summer here. So is our concert season winding down. We our leaving tomorrow to see B.B. King in Laughlin then on to Vegas to see Further at the Hard Rock Cafe, then back home for Dark Star and Paul Simon. We look forward to perhaps seeing Sug this winter. My military career spanned three years from 1961 thru 1964. I was a Sarge in Germany for two and a half years during the cold war with Russia, protecting the then Berlin wall. Just before the Viet Nam war escalated. I was with the 8th Division, 12th Engineer Batallion and was involved with "operation big lift" the whole 8th division from Fort Benning, Georgia air dropped into Germany and crossed the Rhine River on the 12th engineer batallions amphibious bridge equipment. What a way to spend a weekend. Huh?

Hey Whaler...even I got a chuckle out of this...I think it's from a Cheesehead...or maybe a Lions fan?

Attachment 10772

Just thought I would stop by the old Garwood site and read a few posts.

FINALLY!!!

...hey whaler...34-30...lions over cowboys...comeback of the year...4-0...tigers are in...how's your blood pressure?...

Default Pals

Meeechigan retains the " Little Brown Jug".Good to see `em dominate again.

I lived a block away from "The Little Brown Jug" on University Place in A2. Great little place. Also hoisted one or two at the "Stadium Tap"..best burgers 'n' beer joint in the country. Better than the infamous "Hanger Inn" [[Torrance, CA.) of "The Falcon and the Snowman" fame.

Ah yes, old watering holes.....

Attachment 10823

Attachment 10824

Still my old favorite though.

Attachment 10825

One of my favorite restaurants. It was over in Ypsi though. 2 scoops of Spanish rice, toast and coffee for about 79 cents. A late night favorite.

Attachment 10826

This was across the street from the production studio. Ate probably a couple thousand swiss cheese & cream cheese bagels there. If you got a red star on your receipt you won a dozen bagels.

Attachment 10827

Attachment 10828Great place for deli sandwiches.

After Flood's, way late night.

Attachment 10829

Grocery shopping.

Attachment 10830

One more.... or two.

Attachment 10831

Attachment 10833

OG...you have touched a pleasant nerve..Nancy and I had a place directly across the street from the Bagel Factory, and Village Corner was on the other side of the Brown Jug...down the street toward downtown..? You seem to have missed the infamous Del Rio's...a frequent Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen gig place. But, you've pretty much covered all the old dives...throw in Bicycle Jim's and 2nd Chance and you've got a pretty good bar hopping adventure....thanks for the memories.

Oh yeah... and,

Attachment 10843

Not to mention...

Attachment 10844

...a treasure trove...thanks again..

Bicycle Jim's and the Fleetwood Diner; damn great memories from my long agos.