Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 340 of 432 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 350 390 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Hey Hoover...I always follow Markley's lead in such matters. Can't go wrong.

Penny-Candy.......boy, that's some tough news. I'm sad.

Attachment 7647
    R.I.P. Home Boy

"Home Girl"

Default Gary Markley is my write in candidate for Governor of Detroit

Markley worked mhttp://www.detroityes.com/mb/images/attach/jpg.gifagic on my poster for my movie...I love what he did

Hey, man, the guy can do anything and everything graphically concievable. and has a hefty portfolio of some pretty inconsievable stuff, too. Same with some guitar work of his that I have on file. All that, plus being a fashion trend setter...........?

Markley forgot his DY password, and he has macaroni and cheese all over his computer, so he asked me to tell you guys to hang tight...he's doing the best he can under the circumstances....will be up and running here soon...if the goat doesn't interfere again.

Default hello

wow...it's taken me about 1.5 hrs to get back on this blog after about what?...6 months...anyway, when seeing my name a few times on the recent blog I figgered I'd better re-appear...thanks for all your references and accolades...I'm on, in, and above the planet...having some fun with the son and the sun in Florida , and yes, have my stylish Nike and Addidas black socks [[the shorties) along with some snazzy sandals, Hoover,...anyway, the process to get back on this exclusive , worthy, primal,exuberant and fun blog was worth the effort...have found 3 dynamite bike paths in the Orlando area, and it's been like above 90 for the past 3 days...have 12 string, will travel...

Candy...very sorry about the Homeboy...I've been watching the "Grizzly Bear Whisperer" lately on TV...a fave show, and have learned that there is a new abundance of the bears out there...

Howdy y'all...........Hope all is well in your worlds.....Damn cold here this morning....29 degrees, frost on the ground....YUK ! ! !......Hey if any one finds them selves in the Nashville area this coming weekend.....Drop by the "ol homestead" for some back porch picking n grinnin.....Should be some good stuff goin on.......Right now it looks like a house full of wayward vets and a bass player.....can't wait.......Hope to see some of y'all soon till then.............GDGT

the bass player might not be a vet, but i think he's pretty wayward. remember....he's from rockford.

hi all
    If you're interested, check out Bruce's op-ed piece in today's Washington Post

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/local-opinions/2010/10/the_myth_of_the_black_confeder.html

yeah - I'm pretty proud of him...

GASH and the rest of the pickers next weekend - make sure you record some of it [[the music that is) and let us have a listen!
    Have a great time.

Default ruth

hi Ruth.. [[I'm looking up "Pernicious".)..great article..tell Bruce I'll be visiting Chickamauga for the second time in 2 yrs on my way to Gash's jam...a totally magic place [[good for the bike too) and I like to go in there, get back into the woods, sit down, and just imagine the gunfire, action, heroics, dedication to a cause and then hear the birds sing thru the trees when now totally silent...its good...
    yes I'm imagining there will be some recording of meaningful voices and somewhat strained fingers on the fretboard...peace..

Default Halloween...

a Florida son in newly custom painted kitchen..with La Chiquita...Attachment 7666

Default the kichen

wanted to spice up the green walls..Attachment 7669
    Last edited by Gleeman; October-31-10 at 10:00 AM. Reason: spell

Default the entryway...

I like Egrets...Attachment 7670

Gleeman.....nice work on the kitchen....too bad those Holloween people blocked the view...well, one of them anyway.

That trip back into the woods sounds great, but be careful..."Truth is the offspring of unbroken silence and meditation."

See you in Tennessee with a straining voice and meaningful slide bar.

"We could sail the ocean, we could lay in the sand; we could talk about ways to help our fellow man......"

Ruth....major congrats to Bruce. An interesting article about something that seems preposterous [[claims that blacks served in the Confederate Army). Where did that come from?

Gash said he was down at Guitar Center last week, and he got mugged by a TASCAM DP-008 8-Track Digital Portastudio.
    He said it jumped right off the shelf and latched onto his credit card.... had to take it home to pry it loose. Ain't that something?

the preposterous claim is one that is often made by neo-confederates - but the most recent one was found in a new fourth-grade history text book used in Virginia. The woman who wrote the book is not a historian and she pulled her information from a neo-con website. More lies our teachers tell us.....

Gleeman, your work is breathtaking....the shades of green - amazing, I'm so glad that you've rejoined the chatter here. We've missed you

Ruth...I guess I'm not surprised about the 4th grade text book thing. Is there any elementary, intermediate , or high school in the country [[that you or Bruce know of) that is teaching REAL American History? Serious question, here.

Gash,Gleeman,Etc.-I wish I could make the jam. I'm trying to finish customizing my new
    Fender Jaguar [[Bigsby tailpiece, tortoise pickguard) before having one of my bum kidneys
    taken out. I'll be laid up for a few. Say high to all and send my best, especially 4String!

Stnfrnt
    I am not that familiar with high school textbooks but I'll do some investigating. In the mean time, I'd recommend Who Built America? for a good survey level college text. It's a two volumn set. You'll find it on just about any college history prof's shelf.
    PS - did I mention that Bruce wrote much of the first edition?????

Hey Hi-wat....We all wish you could be here this week-end.....and I'm sure I can speak for us all and say that we wish you the very best, and, I have a feeling that this will not be the last mini tribal gathering. So stay tuned......more to come.....We'll be thinking of ya and hopefully there will be some great music resulting from this weekend......Take care y'all and of course ..........GDGT

Default hiWaTT...

..stoked that you got a Fender Jag...with the tortoise...I can see it...hoping so much that your medical situation takes nothing but good turns...Attachment 7674

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    "Home Girl"
    "Thanks Ruth, Stone and Gleeman" She doesn't seem ready to sleep yet she has been helping finish off the leftovers and the bird seed and suet.
    Last edited by Candy man; November-01-10 at 11:23 AM.

HiWatt......please don't ever forget "The Dream". Like Gash said, this ain't the only stop on the "Gar Wood Reunion Band Traveling Extravaganza and Medicine Show" tour....coming to your village soon.

Contact Stillrockin' Productions at BR-549 for show dates in your area.

Cool news about the Jag. I've got a little 'Rickbeall' inspired project of my own going on.

Attachment 7681
    Definitely not the coveted Gibson ES 335 Stereo Electric 12-string Guitar...in a Cherry finish.....but it's a start.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; November-01-10 at 12:10 PM. Reason: election coverage burnout syndrome

Ruth, I read Bruce's article in the Post. Congratulations to him. Good article. I read all the comments too. I see that people are extremely passionate about this subject. I've been following the debate about how text books are approved for general use in Texas and I have to admit it scares me.
    Tell him to keep up the good work.

And for you guys getting together at Gash's house. Sounds like a good time. Wish I could have made the journey. Good to hear from Gleeman again.