Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 337 of 432 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 347 387 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Hey Hoover......Nancy Pelosi says if I get on food stamps, I'll be able to get a job. Ain't that somethin'?

Default Pals

Anyone else having a problem with the hacker trying to gain access thru this site?....If your reading this ...you prick [[ as in irritant )....there`s a special place for you ...[[see the boat house).

highhat......check your email before you kill somebody.

If anybody is down around Nashville Nov 5-10, stop by Gash's house if you can. I'm going down there to check on the livestock, and Gary Markley and Mark Swanberg [[4string..Stonefront fender bass guitar player) plan to slide on through town about the same time. I'm looking forward to that little get together....you bet your ass!

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    If anybody is down around Nashville Nov 5-10, stop by Gash's house if you can. I'm going down there to check on the livestock, and Gary Markley and Mark Swanberg [[4string..Stonefront fender bass guitar player) plan to slide on through town about the same time. I'm looking forward to that little get together....you bet your ass!

Don't forget to vote before you leave

gryndl....it's in the mail. I e-mailed Boxer, Feinstein, and Ricardson and told them all to forget about my vote....I got a form letter back saying they're sorry they won't get my vote, but thanks for the e-mail. A form letter!! I originally told them that a yes vote by them for Obama Care meant a no vote from me in November. You should read the crock of shit I got in response defending their yes vote. It's priceless......could probably be used as a political ad by their opponents....man, it's hilarious!!

Larry, congratulations on having great health insurance coverage. It's kinda' scary out here when they won't even sell you a policy because of pre-existing conditions.

Yeah...I guess it must be scary. Good thing I got my coverage already paid for. To be honest about it though, I'd much rather be in your position....I might have paid a little too much for mine.

Default Pals and others...everybody

I got this on face book

do google .....

in the space type....start a revolution "The Final Cut" you tube

then go to Rick Beall and play ..

...its fun

When did this become the 'I hate Nancy Pelosi' link at DetroitYes?

1KD...I think it was during the 1KD / Hoover/Odd Couple/Lucy-Desi/......banter......either way, So what......It's just 3/4 of us on here any more anyway.....So let's just open the gates and let if flow.....By the way I've been following your post and e-mail re: Skippers Hamtown, and I have to say, I do enjoy them.....looks like you are having some good times....I hope to partake in Tuesday night open mike night during my trip up there during the upcoming holidays.....looking forward to seeing many of you GWers.....Keep up the good work Skipper, and of course ........GDGT

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    When did this become the 'I hate Nancy Pelosi' link at DetroitYes?
    One nano-second after I signed on.

Quote Originally Posted by gash View Post
    1KD...I think it was during the 1KD / Hoover/Odd Couple/Lucy-Desi/......banter......either way, So what......It's just 3/4 of us on here any more anyway.....So let's just open the gates and let if flow.....By the way I've been following your post and e-mail re: Skippers Hamtown, and I have to say, I do enjoy them.....looks like you are having some good times....I hope to partake in Tuesday night open mike night during my trip up there during the upcoming holidays.....looking forward to seeing many of you GWers.....Keep up the good work Skipper, and of course ........GDGT
    Gash and Larry, I certainly can't plead innocent to ranting and raving, probably being the biggest mouth aboard this link. The whole Hoopty, Odd Couple, blah, blah, blah, thing was nothing but fun for me. I was having a riot. I thought it was equally fun for other posters here too, until Christy suggested otherwise, at which time I backed off. I hold my views of politics and culture, some quite cynical, and certainly different than others views here at the DY Gar Wood link. In the meantime, I've begun posting my views of politics and culture at other links, often starting my own discussions. This link should probably be reserved for Gar Wood discussion. But, I don't claim to be the authority. Anyone else have anything to say on this subject, pipe in, get it out and let's move on to more Gar Wood, music ,drugs, booze, women, men and 60's, talk. If we're going to be ranting here at the Gar Wood link, then it's time for me to hang it up. I think that may be why there are so few posting here. Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    One nano-second after I signed on.
    Stone, bring it on over to the non-Detroit thread and start your own rant. I'll bet you can't alienate as many people as I have. I'm putting up a bowl of hashish and a bottle of Spanada. Oh, I meant a carton of [[electronic) ciggies and a case of O'Doules.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Stone, bring it on over to the non-Detroit thread and start your own rant. I'll bet you can't alienate as many people as I have. I'm putting up a bowl of hashish and a bottle of Spanada. Oh, I meant a carton of [[electronic) ciggies and a case of O'Doules.
    I'll throw in some Metamucil.

Quote Originally Posted by 1kielsondrive View Post
    gash and larry, i certainly can't plead innocent to ranting and raving, probably being the biggest mouth aboard this link. The whole hoopty, odd couple, blah, blah, blah, thing was nothing but fun for me. I was having a riot. I thought it was equally fun for other posters here too, until christy suggested otherwise, at which time i backed off. I hold my views of politics and culture, some quite cynical, and certainly different than others views here at the dy gar wood link. In the meantime, i've begun posting my views of politics and culture at other links, often starting my own discussions. This link should probably be reserved for gar wood discussion. But, i don't claim to be the authority. Anyone else have anything to say on this subject, pipe in, get it out and let's move on to more gar wood, music ,drugs, booze, women, men and 60's, talk. If we're going to be ranting here at the gar wood link, then it's time for me to hang it up. I think that may be why there are so few posting here. Just a guess.

good guess

1kd....I could probably give you a pretty good run for your money in the "rants and raves" department, but, discretion being the better part of valor, I too will defer to Christy's recommendation.

My name is stnfrnt and I approve this post.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; October-13-10 at 11:01 PM. Reason: bored

I'll chime in here too. IKD - not just a good guess but dead-on.

The mean-spiritness of some of the politcal commentaries just makes me so sad.
    I check the thread each day to see if there is anything "garwood" going on but more times than not, I leave feeling blue.

Let's agree to dis-agree on stuff political and concentrate on the "family" that brought us all together in the first place.

Larry - what's happening with your music these days - anything you can share with us? IKD - how's the bar business? OG - how's your health? Where is Gus? Neil - keep sending your updates...Gash - will you stop by here on your way up north?

Me - I'm drowning in books but lovin' life....My sweet Bruce just had surgery but he bounced back right away so we have no complaints. I'm playing my new HAMMOND!!!! every day. When Bruce isn't around, I crank it up and blow out the walls.

Remember what GASH said in the video clip about our experience.
    "It's all about the love"

Attachment 7577sorry Ruth, but I'll be heading to Mich. I' m not going to Illinois this time since those folks are heading here this weekend. But that doesn't mean plans can change.....It would be between Thanksgiving and X-mas, so there is plenty time for things to change....If I do head your way, I surely will give you a shout......In the mean time, don't forget Stnft' invite to here in Tenn. the first week in Nov. .......Gleeman, Stnft, and 4-string will be here....and it wouldn't be surprised if some CDs came from the little Tribal Gathering....."Only the Shadow knows".....Stay tuned gang, this rock just might roll one more time.........I have to say that the videos by "The Steveo" are fantastic, especially the "David" Stonefront directors cut.....I don't know who this "Steve Gnast " is but....Good work dude, thanks.............time to get this place cleaned up before my sister gets here.....Y'all make it a great day and of course...GDGT

I was gonna hop on board with stnfrnt but sencing the mood I guess I'll hop on with Ruth. My dad got my mom a Hammand organ for Christmas once, 12 lb. ham, 8 inch organ.

Default Pals

The wizard puttin` up the videos on Facebook is a co-worker and friend of mine...Steve Gast...Stnfrnt sent me some tunes a while back and I asked Steve to consolidate them onto 1 cd...He hooked up with THE John Collier and got permission to use his photos...VOILA... worthy videos of the music and the mansion...you can go to www.youtube.com...type Stonefront/David and you can see that video..Enjoy

I wholeheartedly agree. Perhaps if we adhere to these 3 basic principles, we can once again enjoy solidarity.
    Attachment 7580
    Last edited by old guy; January-03-11 at 09:19 PM.

Old Guy....Maybe I`m a bit thick but what is the symbolism in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. Perhaps if we adhere to these 3 basic principles, we can once again enjoy solidarity.
    Attachment 7580
    Okay OG, what the hell are you talking about? Slightly cryptic. Must've thought this one up after a case of Heine. And........well........

Sorry, I forgot this is a pretty diverse group. Maybe this would be a bit more plausible. Don't skip #3.
    Attachment 7581
    Last edited by old guy; January-03-11 at 09:19 PM.