Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 300 of 432 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 310 350 400 ... LastLast
Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

It would fill all the requirements.

Last edited by det313grrl; July-01-10 at 10:12 AM.

Like I said, I'm just thinkin...and that is a stage

couple hours on Sunday afternoon, could work.
    Last edited by det313grrl; May-23-10 at 05:29 PM. Reason: more thoughts...

I'm way in...where is it, and, .. for the 20th ?

That would be the Cass Corridor [[aka Midtown) yeah, Sunday the 20th. I took these this afternoon, I can't see any reason why we wouldn't be able to finagle some kind of arrangement.

Dgrrl......ya got my vote for sure!

Now, a hostile takeover is always an option. Or, you could remind the owners that there are a minimum of four Viet Nam Veterans and several other Vets that served honorably that are heavily involved in this operation.

Can the hot dog girl still do her thing, or do they serve food.... thereby frowning on outside catering? Got to have hot dogs!

Keep in mind this is just a vision I had today, but, the grill works, I believe, if not Whaler has one, definitely food can manifest there under the beams.

Hey...I was planning on making ..Burgers,Dogs,Chicken..at Belle Isle...The back yard at the Old Miami is a Great spot..pleanty of room for all ...a little bird told me it is Fathers day , And Belle Isle will be packed...Whaler

Hey Hoover......I'll meet you in Old Miami.

YEP...I LIKE IT.........I HAVE A BIG GAS GRILL IF WE NEED IT AND DAVID MAYBE YOU CAN STILL COOK Old Miami

Neighborhood bar; Rock club; Dive bar

Established in 1975 as a haven for Vietnam Veterans, the Old Miami has been called "the C.B.G.B's of the midwest" for it's history as a music venue. Almost every notable artist from Detroit has played on it's stage as well as many national acts of the punk/modern rock era.
    The walls are lined thick with Vietnam and other military momentums, many of which were given to owner Danny Overstreet by fellow veterans. A jukebox full of vinyl from Patsy Kline to Gang Green sits next to the pool table.
    Comfortable couches and chairs are placed by the fireplace and in front of the dance floor creating a relaxed den-like atmosphere.
    Across the dance floor a wall of speakers almost obscures the stage. The sound system is unusually large for a room this size.
    The huge back yard with a pond and large porch/stage hosts many all-day outdoor events in the summer months.
    People from all walks of life call the Old Miami a home away from home. Bikers and bladers, lawyers and anarchists are it's patrons who gravitate to this easy-going off-campus dive where live music rules.

Features

Drinks:Beer & Wine • Liquor • MicrobrewsFood:Outdoor diningEntertainment:Live music • Jukebox • DJFor bookings call Julie at 313-831-3830 on Wendsday afternoons. Digital live recording is available.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Hey Hoover......I'll meet you in Old Miami.
    sounds like SUNDAY FUN, lets start at NOON??last call from the old thread
    calling Rocketwhit Reddog, Patrick, Pgn421, Ndavies.Silas,Lefty2,Ocmobilexo, Kathinozarks, Cman710, MikeM, VAS, Living in the D-forum,Philbert, Jluke, Chitaku, Bosch Tounonenorth, Bullet magnet,[[Sounds like Fergie), Brenda,Otter,Sumas,Raggedclaws, Jrvass, Kenny D, Davemarc,65 memories, Rog to plover, hornwrecker, Flyby don, Django, Bobl, RJ-spangler, Ronaldj, Alley, Leoqueen, Downtown99, Ljbad89,Sthrn-boy, Island, call ALL

Ruth no tee shirt for me I'm traveling lite and happy to be with all of you

I'm in for the new Sunday venue!

Cool, glad everyone so far likes the idea, which as I said is an idea. For all I know the message was never received. If anyone else felt like doing a little lobbying/reconnaissance of there own, by all means do so. The more the merrier, right.

Default Pals

Happy Birthday Margie

Hey Dgrrl .........count me in on "The Old Miami" .......the place looks right up our alley .......... Belle Isle has its benefits ...... but your recomendation fits or bill ....... so, whats next ? ? ? ...... do we need to send threatening letters or phone calls, or hold hostages ........and what about our Catering Lady ? ? ? and one very important item ........ will the allow Stnft and Old guy in......rumor is they may be banned in many Detroit locations ......Just a rumor .....I'm just askin .........Luvs ya both ......see y'all soon ...........GDGT

Yea! it's your birthday!

Attachment 6181

Have a great day, woman!
    Last edited by det313grrl; July-01-10 at 10:12 AM.

M A R G I E

Ha a p p e e B i R t H D a Y !!

Love you guys.............
    Attachment 6182

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you!!!! Happy birthday Margie.

Sounds like a plan. I'm in.

Here's one for the boaters. I took this one, in 1982, from the tug Magnetic looking at her sister, The Norma B. I call it 'The Race Is On'. Rock and roll!
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; June-29-10 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stillrockin View Post
    Zippy how do you do it???

Hoover
    we wish you Margie a fab year and happy b-day LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rockinrona View Post
    we wish you Margie a fab year and happy b-day LOL
    Yup........Happy Birthday Margie.

Happy B'day margie girl!!!!

Skipper has the hot dog lady [[her name is Grace) catering the saturday night gig. Right 1KD?