Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 293 of 432 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 303 343 393 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Hey Margie........nice video!

Last edited by stnfrnt; June-22-10 at 05:57 PM.

Default Stnfrnt

Rock Valley...appropriate...

Whoooooaaaaa, what a flashback. Thanks Margie. Savage Grace was one of the BEST bands ever to come out of Detroit [[in my ever so humble opinion). John Seanor [[piano, harpsichord), Larry Zack [[drums, percussion), Al Jacquez [[lead vocals, bass) and Ron Koss [[lead vocals, rhythm and lead guitar). I'm looking at the vinyl as I speak. I saw them with Credence and Tull at Olympia. They blew everyone out. And I was a Credence and Tull fan. That's who I went to see. They were scheduled to play at a concert on the mall at Wayne State one day prior to a Peace march down Woodward to Kennedy Square. The powers that be turned the electricity off due to general rowdiness and drug usage. Can you imagine that? Rowdiness and drugs during the 60's? Anyway, it ended up in a near riot. Trouble was brewing. Those same powers decided it was probably wise to give the crowd their Savage Grace. Smart move. The Peace march remained peaceful. Al Jacquez was still playing around A2 until a few years ago.

Does anyone remember the trucking people carrying the yard long pipes with garden hoses and face masks at Goose Lake? The pipe bowls were the size of a stewing pot. They held a pound or two of Mary Jane [[does anyone call it that anymore?).When you put that mask to your face and inhaled, you were guaranteed to fall out - on the spot. I did. I guess the only question that remains is how many times? I don't remember. What was that story highhat gave about being lucid?

Default Pals

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    When you put that mask to your face and inhaled, you were guaranteed to fall out - on the spot. I did.
    Rookie....

Quote Originally Posted by Margie View Post
    Thanks for putting us back into that crowd...Teagarden & VanWinkle kept a lot of us from going over the edge...the comment from the person who was born there, is a reality check..."God loves Rock and Roll"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQKvyqG7Nc4
    Listen to my Sweet favorite shredder

Quote Originally Posted by Margie View Post
    I clicked on this but didn`t go anywhere..Damn confuser

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    What was that story highhat gave about being lucid?
    It`s not quite a photographic memory...However, I can put myself into a time slot and "see" specific details...don`t know how but I can. Maybe Old Guy can explain...I can`t...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54XRNQ2C2x0
    Out of all the acts I have seen and loved...I went out of my way to see this singer every time they came...even right now as I post this for your listening pleasure, she gets me with her first few words and shes not even singing yet !!!!

Whaaaaaat the....................?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQKvyqG7Nc4

Margie.......what can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by highhat View Post
    Rookie....
    Hey you, ..........I resemble that remark.

Especially in the company of you guys. OG made me look like a welcher.

Larry's in love. Me too. And that old Tina Turner video brought goose bumps to my goose lake.

Rkbl......exactly where is your goose bumped goose lake located? Is there something I missed in Health class?

OG....what's happening? Is Jeep still in the area?

Hey Gash.......come up for a little air for Christ sake...why don't ya?

Glmn..........never mind.......I lost it.......OH YEAH!..."monkies, boats and guitars?".

Margie you rock thanks for the videos

Hey Ya'll, beautiful day here in Detroit, I love Spring in the D!

Margie girl, where did you find ORIANTHI, wow, thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to next month.

Attachment 5968

Last edited by det313grrl; July-01-10 at 10:11 AM.