Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 11 of 275 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Hybrid View

[COLOR="Red"]Friday night meet-up!![/COLOR]

just a tiny change - the Main Street Stage is at the corner of Main and Washington. We will still meet there around 8 at the right side of the stage. We'll head over to the Circus around 9 - after Steve Booker's gig.

Rain day plans are the same - if it's raining go directly to the Circus Club - upstairs from the Millennium on First Street.

HOOVER - GET BETTER! THAT'S AN ORDER FROM ALL OF US!

That's a thought. Hoover, just wear a red shirt.

Hoover [[Stillrocken) good to see you back --do you think that incense burning and jumping with the v would

cure us of what ails us?

I still want you to go to www.collierpics.blogspot.com

It will leach it out of you

Also eat the prunes

Keep the faith,

Do you think the Garwoodians should have a secret handshake , or not? What a bout something like the

VALCON PEACE SIGN as a greeting? Maybe not?

Communications covered for the USAF Flying Pizza. Check!
    One tank of fuel, one tank of beer. Check!

Hey Gleeman, your rainforest is very dream-state-like. Beautiful! Inducing ... inducing ..... dsi23n

ii1n

thanks Rick!! - hey, while you're here...I'd like to ask a favor... at the beginning of the evening I want to do an instrumental acoustically for someone in particular...upon request....after that, I wondered if you'd honor us by doing your song or two...we of course will have to make sure that certain parties are present, if ya kno wut I mean.. rock on...

Larry & Hardly....Attachment 1540
    Last edited by Gleeman; March-26-10 at 01:57 PM.

That should read..."Barely and Hardly"......Actually I think it might be the real..."Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid".....Not sure who is who....but they were never found so goes the legend......Just a couple "Wild and Crazy Guys"... with buldges in their pants,out for a good time with rockin chicky babes......

Quote Originally Posted by gash View Post
    That should read..."Barely and Hardly"......Actually I think it might be the real..."Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid".....Not sure who is who....but they were never found so goes the legend......Just a couple "Wild and Crazy Guys"... with buldges in their pants,out for a good time with rockin chicky babes......
    wow Gary now I'm really sure I'm missing the best party ever, Say Hi to SKIP Bakeman for me I'm there in
    Spirit LOL to you all rr

We'll all attend with a big, long red lipstick mark on our bellies.

Gleeman wrote:

>>thanks Rick!! - hey, while you're here...I'd like to ask a favor. ... I wondered if you'd honor us by doing your song or two...

I wish I was a good enough guitar player and singer that I could just give an uncomplicated "Yes", but here's the situation.

I can kinda play the "Garwood Anthem" and sing it, I'm a little shakey but I think I could do that. So I can say okay to that. [[I play it in open E.) [[It's just a I IV V, so anyone can play along.)

But I can't even play "Hoover is a Mover". It's an easy song. I play it in open G, you play the bass notes on the low strings, and just hit a few chords here and there, but my skill level is not quite there yet, and won't be by the reunion. Someone else would have to actually play it.

I'm open to ideas.

Or if someone else wanted to completely play and sing them I'm open to that too, because it makes me real nervous to sing in public.

Rickbeall.....how about we all just get up and play together. You've given everyone the basics, and believe me brother, that's all this crew needs; and sometimes not even that much! There is some tryth behind that description saying Stonefront is one of the most prolific jam bands to come out of Detroit in the Post Viet Nam era, or some shit like that.

There's also some trUth to it. I wonder what "tryth" is. I'll look it up and get back to you.

• TWRCH-TRYTH.....the fabulous creature from Celtic mythology. [[for real, I ain't makin' this stuff up!)

The Tryth is looking for BushMark. Says he loves a good challenge.

Attachment 1542

He's been showing this photo around Madison offering two free tickets to "Riverdance" for information as to BushMark's whereabouts. I think you're safe, OG. God, I hope so! It could get ugly if he finds you. Good luck.

Attachment 1543.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; June-08-09 at 03:00 AM.

Stnfrnt wrote:
    >>Rickbeall.....how about we all just get up and play together. You've given everyone the basics, and believe me brother, that's all this crew needs; and sometimes not even that much! There is some tryth behind that description saying Stonefront is one of the most prolific jam bands to come out of Detroit in the Post Viet Nam era, or some shit like that.

Sure, that's sounds great to me! Perfect!

Stnfrnt wrote:

>>There's also some trUth to it. I wonder what "tryth" is. I'll look it up and get back to you

That's the old English Chaucer/Shakespeare in you coming out ... either that or the beast. Forsooth!

Hey Rick can I sing the part WHO HOOVER?

Sure man, you can sing any part you want!

Hey Ruth now that I'm going to be performing on the 13 do I get my $30.00 back? I will need a few things like one wireless mic and 6 helium balloon. Ruth your the best.

Hoover
    Last edited by stillrockin; June-03-09 at 04:11 PM.

Hoover.......no offense, but if you're going to sing, I think YOU should be paying pay US $30 to sit and listen.

Hoover - that $30 was spent long ago! So long ago that you might have to pay again!

Wow! Hoover singing with the help of 6 helium balloons. Should be a sound we'll all remember for a long time.

Larry didn't like my idea of me singing he never was much fun.

hey RickB we'll do the hooversmover later in the evening

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer21 View Post
    Wow! Hoover singing with the help of 6 helium balloons. Should be a sound we'll all remember for a long time.
    I really hope that gets taped I want to hear that Mover Please post lots of pics so I see the whole earth clan.XXXOOO lol rr

Gus.......the sculptor's name is Doug Dourghety[[sp). On the 3rd page of Collier's blog, there's a photo of him and his daughter in a 3-shot. THAT is a fantastic photo, by the way. No luck finding anyone except I think Ruth heard from Dave Livermore.

Drummer21.......don't encourage Hoover to do anything. He's a handfull all by himself. I saw his waterbed on ebay last week. It was a package deal that included the mansion front door and some hand painted mini-bongs that survived the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Drummer21.......don't encourage Hoover to do anything. He's a handfull all by himself. I saw his waterbed on ebay last week. It was a package deal that included the mansion front door and some hand painted mini-bongs that survived the fire.
    Stnfrnt.... Sorry, I lost my head for a minute, I'm back now.

Page 11 of 275 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 61 111 ... LastLast