Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 415 of 432 FirstFirst ... 315 365 405 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 425 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,375 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Such mediocrity....how did you stand it?

Wow Old Guy...You really did some Cruisen!!!!!...I split for India by way of England,Holland,Lebenon... In 72...We must of had the Itch... Larry hope all is good... Would love to see the get together in Sept happen at the Old Miami... thoughts???...By the way it is 22* and that Blows!!!...Whaler

I'll be in Rockford, Il., in a few days for a couple weeks, and I ain't looking forward to that. I'm thinking that the September reunion is looking better and better.......our buddy Rona lit the fire, and I'm more than willing to help keep the fire burning. Maybe even old guy could get his traveling groove on and make it to D-town. I'd really like to be able to get Stonefront in town for two or three weeks so we could get some good rehearsal time in and put on a good show at the Old Miami. Any thoughts?

Attachment 24933

Well your room is still Empty...You are more than welcome!!!...Whaler

Thanks Whaler......I'm all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    That's "Forbidden." Try:

http://www.stonesthrowfilm.com/ Wow!

I'll delete this post if you correct it — if I can.
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-20-14 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks Jimaz....I stand corrected, and even though that web page is non functioning [[you can't really buy or download anything), there is a section that asks for personal info as if you wanted to download some music. That causes all kinds of red flags to go up in the various security systems throughout the cyber journey of this advanced marketing example. I'll be in touch with the site developers to correct this problem. Thanks again for the heads up.

Happy Thanksgiving to All!!!...Keep on Rockin!!!...Whaler

And a good Thanksgiving and holidays to you Whaler and your family. And to all that still post or read this thread. A lot of great people on this site. DYes has brought a great number of friends together over the years, and I mean a lot of old friends. It's also brought a good number of people into our thread and I see that as a positive situation. Happy holidays and best wishes to all.

Well said, old guy. Got to have another reunion.

Well I made it through Thanksgiving without killing myself. I'm beyond careful when cooking a turkey, but this year the media sounded like it was very unlikely that you could actually prepare a turkey, eat it and not die. Thank the big guy in the sky that my intestines are still intact. I was happy that I made it to the point where I could eat pie and not die. Life is good, occasionally. I love the holidays.

buuurrp! Me too..........

First time we didn't cook at Home in a long time!!!!...Went to my sons inlaws...Spent the Day with our Grandson Oli....Lots of Food,Lions+ Love!!!!...Pretty Cold her in the "D" today...each year it is harder than the last Cleaning the Gutters,Leaf Removal.Etc......Warm sure sounds Good right now!!!...Peace!!!..Whaler

I've got a couple couches for you and Kim......it's warm and beautiful here in Long Beach, CA.

For some reason or another this iconic John Collier photograph has been stuck on replay in my head lately. This pic is a well oiled trigger mechanism for the imagination, the curiosity, and the fun one could have guessing at what this really is. Kudos again to Mr. Collier.

Attachment 25215

John's pics are truly amazing... Still waiting for the Book!!!!... Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all...56* here yesterday sure beats the Polar Vortex of last year!!!!!...Peace...Whaler

I was really surprised that John didn't get a mention in the thread, I'm not certain what the exact title was, but of the great photographers from Detroit of Rock Stars. Larry or Whaler, I guess that's all that's left of us, if you have that photo collection and could post them on that thread, that would be great. It was on the main DYES thread area. Maybe a few weeks ago.

Who are the best local music photographers ? Favorites ?
    OK this was the one. Do either of you have that photo collection. It was impressive.

collierpics.blogspot.com should do the trick; or you can Google 'American Music Research Foundation', you will find hundreds of his photographs documenting: Blues, Boogie Woogie, Jazz, Ragtime and Rhythm & Blues.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; December-19-14 at 02:28 AM.

Actually he posted a number of musicians he photographed over the years at one point. Great photos. Can't seem to find them.

Maybe if I start at page 415 and work my way back, and you start at page 1 and work forward we could find them by Christmas. Of course we might have to work through the original Garwood thread which might take us till Easter. Here I go.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Maybe if I start at page 415 and work my way back, and you start at page 1 and work forward we could find them by Christmas. Of course we might have to work through the original Garwood thread which might take us till Easter. Here I go.
    Hi Old Guy -- I found this post by you:

October-22-13, 01:59 AM
    old guy
    Just revisited pages 351 & 352. Remarkable John Collier photos.

Hope that will save you some searching. This might help too:
    http://www.bing.com/search?q=john+co...e2e9eb5c0a278a

[Sorry for butting in, Old Guy -- I just think you're so pleasant that I wanted to help if I could. ]

Hey Downtown Lady, thanks so much. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Joe Cocker gone. A sad day.