Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 306 of 432 FirstFirst ... 206 256 296 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 316 356 406 ... LastLast
Results 7,626 to 7,650 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

1. Default

hey you guys, i almost have messina convinced he is loved by all. i'm going to keep working on him. i read harry letter about playing at the toledo sports arena. i was there also, it was black sabath, the oz man when he was young like us.... s v f of ep

2. Default

hey stnfrnt, do you have gypsy wedding figured out yet?

If anybody is going to be near the airport around 10:00a on June 14th, and you see an old hippie standing outside the Delta Air Lines arrivals area looking like he wants to go to a motel in Southfield, have pity on his broken down old ass and pick him up. He will be confused.

Im there for ya buddy...I am only About ten minutes from the
    airport...Mikey-Angel & I can take you to where you are going.

OUTSTANDING!! We're gonna' go to a motel.

Winky-Dink & You'
    PART TWO
    [[click here for part one)

by Billy Ingram and You
    'Winky-Dink And You' was Jack Barry's second successful kid's show - 'Juvenile Jury' was the first, running from 1948-1955 on both NBC and CBS. On that show, a panel of kids dispensed advice to other children with problems relevant to life in the Fifties - like what to do when Mom says clean up your room. [[Answer: you do it.)
    On every Winky Dink & You program and every toy you will find the names of the two creators of the first interactive TV program. One is Harry Prichett Sr. who sadly died in 2000 [[see sidebar). The other is Edwin Brit Wyckoff who is alive and well in New York City.

/ / / Classic TV Blog / / / TV Shows on DVD / / / 2010 TV Show Reviews / // / TV on BLU-RAY
    "Creating Winky Dink and the participation technique now called 'interactivity' was pure joy for both of us," Ed Wyckoff writes us. "Making it work was explosive excitement from which we never recovered.
    "Jack Barry and Dan Enright produced the 1953-57 show with us on CBS. It ran 'live' on about 175 stations on Saturday for a year. Then CBS added a Sunday line-up of stations because kids wanted to play with Winky day after day.
    "Watch a kid playing with the kit and videocassette today and you'll see them explode with the same excitement Harry and I experienced when a kid's drawing turns from cannonball to car wheel to tennis ball to wrecking ball...and saves Winky from the bad guys.
    "The magic screen is not cellophane. It is pure magic and no one yet has guessed why that tinted green plastic stuck to the screen. I know and I ain't telling.
    "That marvelous musical theme came from John Gart. Norman Mazin, who is my partner in a video production company here in New York, drew all the original stories. Harry Prichett Sr. drew the original character of Winky who didn't appear in those stories because his blinking-winking head was too big to let the other characters be seen."
    Ed Wyckoff handled the animation with a pair of tweezers and a bunch of Winky heads and bodies and eyes and arms. "We used a 16mm Animatic filmstrip projector which was faster than the eye and damn good in terms of budget." Ed Wyckoff continues, "The Winky Dink screen was magic. The crayons were magic. [[Ordinary crayons didn't work.) The show was pure magic.
    "For those Winky Dink & You fans who feel alone in the baby-boomer generation...you re not alone. Check in with Bill Gates who loves the show and had it included in a book book on interactive TV he sponsored.
    "And try Rosie O'Donnell who said it was her favorite kid show and will sing the theme song if you ask her nicely. She probably can handle all the songs including Winko Blinko and my favorite, Magic Crayons Make Magic Pictures On A Magic Window.
    "Note to the guy who is nicknamed Winky: Dan Enright generally called me Winky in the 1950s because my head lit up. Still does sometimes."
    The Gaber writes: "The Winky Dink magic coloring kit! Wow! My father wouldn't buy me one so I took the liberty of using my own crayons to draw on our new TV set.
    "Later, and upon seeing this, he dragged me and the TV set out on the lawn to show passers-by his new TV and his stupid kid!"
    Meanwhile, with daytime successes under his belt, Winky-Dink host Jack Barry turned his attention to prime-time - and inadvertently changed the course of television forever.

NEXT:
    PART THREE

A quiz show scandal
    wrecks Jack Barry's
    career - and Winky-Dink
    is reborn - TWICE -
    for new g

SOUNDS GREAT LARRY !

Highhat set the table for one more see you soon.

Hoover is Stillrockin

Stillrockin...I will be down in Delray for the weekend of Oct 9th...My friend Win is having his 60th bash at Wrights by the Sea..You should come...Whaler

Mr Beall bring it to the gig-along with Rocketwit on his Paul we'll have a guitar army...

Stn-Gash think Tuesday afternoon rehearse at my crib ? .. will prepare [[basement) space from painting studio to music..its all I can offer...

Whaler would like to came but I booked doing a wedding Oct 9 but we should try to hook up.

Hoover is stillrockin

Good Mornin' All Ya'll, Home Boy is sorry to say that we will not be attending the reunion this year. We have been called to Lake Tahoe for a dancing gig with the Doobie Brothers and Chicago, but, will wear the T-Shirt with humility. We love you all and will pray for a cool party there and many more later. Rock on!

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Hey Skipper....Hoover said your bar was a 'clothing optional establishment'. Is that true?

Signed,
    naked and curious in Long Beach
    Dear Naked and Curious, that is correct, my establishment is a 'clothing optional establishment'. But in all fairness to Gar Wooders and their guests, I've opted to attend our event fully clothed. I don't want to scare anyone. I'll wear long underwear, a full camo jumpsuit, no see-through jungle jacket, a full head cover hat with mesh screen and gators and knee socks. I hope I've alleviated any anxiety you all may have about what might be revealed.

Default Pals

Quote Originally Posted by stillrockin View Post
    Highhat set the table for one more see you soon.

Hoover is Stillrockin
    How`s left over turkey sound ?....

Collier.......I don't know why, but this photo scares the crap out of me!

Last edited by stnfrnt; June-22-10 at 05:57 PM.

Default scared silly

Stonddft...Maybe if you did'nt start the day scared things would be different

-its a-gonna be great to have all here for the times of our lives.

I sure hope John Messina makes it, he was a great guy and brilliant ....

This year we have the former mayor in jail
    and all are going to have a good time...Skipper is doing his best.

Have a Safe trip to one and all....

Hey John Collier......where the hell've you been?

Hey Candy we're going to miss you.
    Gus, We're going to miss you
    Jeep, we're going to miss you
    Bob, we're going to miss you
    Hoover, we're going to miss you
    Vic, [[ ? ) we're going to miss you
    Mark [[ ? ) we're going to miss you
    Bush Mark [[ ? ) we're going to miss you
    Ellen [[ ? ) we're going to miss you
    Harry [[ ? ) we're going to miss you

and everyone else who is planning on not attending, we will all miss you at the party.......[[?) = uncertain but doubtful ....

So just who in the hell is going to be there besides a few old pickers and a few wonderful guys and gals who are committed to this opportunity to visit and party with a few great friends.......With out Bush Mark at the door who knows what will happen

yeah....what gary said
    Attachment 6363

Gash - - our party list is over 50 at this point - - more than just a few ld pickers...get ready to PARTY!!!!!

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Attachment 6365

Let's party like its 1974!

Let's burn Skipper's place down! Invite the Outlaws. Oooops ... I think I got carried away.

Don't tell Skipper I said that, he might not let me in the door.

greynoodle......we got bounced up here a couple times yesterday.....couple miles off Hermosa Beach.....anything down your way?

WITF am I going to do with a tanker truck full of Heinekin? BushMark, you better help me with this.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    Let's party like its 1974!

Let's burn Skipper's place down! Invite the Outlaws. Oooops ... I think I got carried away.

Don't tell Skipper I said that, he might not let me in the door.
    No, that's okay Beall, I'm maxxing my insurance as we speak.

Attachment 6368
    Skip, will make it, but probably not till October when things slow down a bit. Keep it cold.
    Last edited by old guy; June-28-10 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    greynoodle......we got bounced up here a couple times yesterday.....couple miles off Hermosa Beach.....anything down your way?
    Heard about them, but didn't feel anything. Like you stated earlier, if it's not 5.0 or better its no big deal. these were 3.7 and 3.6. i hope you all have a good time at the party, will see you next time.