Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 346 of 432 FirstFirst ... 246 296 336 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 356 396 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,650 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Default Pals

Gleeman your amazing... Nolan, which Stonefront tune did he play?

1kd....Gleeman's mural looks freaking GREAT up on that wall. Nice job. Sounds like it's going to be fun at open mic night. Too bad HiWatt won't be in the group. Be prepared for a special treat with Markley's 5-string banjo work. Hey Whaler...you gonna' be there? And, don't forget.....D.K. Bradley will be "in the house"!

uhm..I didn't notify HiWaTt about Tuesday thinking he couldn't or wouldn't show for health reasons...but the invite would ALWAYs be there..for any stonefront-gwood affiliates... .peace...

why at first did I think that was Whaler w/ the red acoustic ? ...
    Last edited by Gleeman; December-04-10 at 11:36 AM.

Gleeman,
    You and gash have a great time at open mike night. Do us all proud!! I'll be sending bottom licks through my thoughts here in Tupelo. Have a great time...

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeman View Post
    1K - I believe Gash and I along with DK Bradley will be showing for your Tuesday night show with a coupla guitars and a 5-string banjo for grins ...thanks for mounting that piece on the wall ...I never did get a shot of it before delivery...
    Glee, I'll get a good, professional shot of your work, soon. In the meantime, it needs work and paint on the frame and the surrounding wall. Then I'd like to install track lights on the ceiling rail. It really makes the room. I can't tell you how much I appreciate and enjoy it. Thanks again. When are you guys planning to show for Open-Mic? I'd like to hustle up some of the other musicians I'd like to hear you jam with - Tony Berci, Carl Henry, Vic Ogrodnik, Guatamala Jack, Mike Anton, etc, etc. It should be BIG fun. Maybe we can record it?

Please be sure to let HiWatt know about the jams, even if you're not sure he can participate. HiWatt should be with us in spirit, if not in reality.

This is an invitation to all Gar Wooders to attend Open-Mic [[which tuesday did you guys say it was going to be - tuesday 12/07 or tuesday 12/14?) and bring the weapon of your choice - so to speak.

Hey Rickbeall......you better be there, dude!

Whaler.....if you did your hospital thing, I hope you're well enough to make it to "The Ham".

Thanks for the invite, sounds like a good time, but this week I'll be prepping for
    my surgery on the 9th. I'll be there in spirit. Pick a few and have a gin & tonic in
    my absense. Big love to all!
    P.S.- gleeman,...this spring, singlespeeds or fixies in the 'hood sounds good. I'm in!

Hey HiWatt....can you pull a wheelchair behind your bike?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SURma...layer_embedded

Video for musicians very funny.
    Look @ What Happened @ TheGarWood
    Last edited by TheSteveo; December-05-10 at 06:25 AM.

Default HiWatT...

...absolutely will plan a ride this Spring once you've recovered and mobile...I don't have a fixed gear bike, but by then plan to have some sort of singlespeed..[[do have a singlesp Mt bike which I use for just bopping around) .I've slowed down a bit in the last 2 yrs with a sore hip, but riding is a good way to get those muscles pumping...will miss you at the Tuesday thang..will have a G&T for ya, ..only one of those please !
    While in Tennessee at Gash's I found the roads down there totally unbelievable for cycling-with huge wide and smooth bikelanes -marked- and 60+ degrees while 40 in Mich...

1K..should probably show up there around 9:00, right ? -DAY after TOmoRroW ...
    Last edited by Gleeman; December-05-10 at 08:37 AM.

Yeah.....What Gleeman said............Should be this coming Tue the 7th............

Hey Gleeman, like me, are you planning on just acoustic stuff.............Not in the mood for carrying a lot of gear around again.............See y'all soon................GDGT

How about them Bears?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeman View Post
    ...absolutely will plan a ride this Spring once you've recovered and mobile...I don't have a fixed gear bike, but by then plan to have some sort of singlespeed..[[do have a singlesp Mt bike which I use for just bopping around) .I've slowed down a bit in the last 2 yrs with a sore hip, but riding is a good way to get those muscles pumping...will miss you at the Tuesday thang..will have a G&T for ya, ..only one of those please !
    While in Tennessee at Gash's I found the roads down there totally unbelievable for cycling-with huge wide and smooth bikelanes -marked- and 60+ degrees while 40 in Mich...

1K..should probably show up there around 9:00, right ? -DAY after TOmoRroW ...
    9PM is starting time. A lot of musicians show up later. You know how those damn musicians are. If you can hang later, all the better. Rachael said she's got a real cracker line up invited. Should be lot's of fun if the one's Rachael and I know show up - you'll have lot's of fun.

yah 1K I'll hang and see some show

Gash-acoustic then..will bring banjo to shake up the time warp...

1kd.....you got a film crew lined up?

A date which will live in infamy | Dec. 7, 1941, Pearl Harbor

Default Skippers

Hey Ya A'll....Had a nice time at Skippers Hamtown Open Mic...Great to see JC...DK..Eastside Blind Ricky, and of course Gash and Gleeman..and our host Skipper..Lots of folks jammin...The boys had it going on...With help of the Fiddler...Snuck out the backdoor after Midnight......The Vibe is still ringing in D-Town..Peace...Whaler

Gleeman, your mural is bad ass. My buddie Smoke is diggin it too.

thanks Etown/Smoke... [[I like the names) ...the mural was a fun project [[all images researched off the web) and slightly stylized)..I appreciated the opportunity to have something that size in a local Detroit bar...

the fiddle player is a very interpretive and accomplished player..and the guy to my left really rounded that trio out...kinda nice how all 3 ditties we played ended razor sharp w/ no rehearsal...

That mural is great! I spent about 5 minutes looking at it at the jam last night. There is so much detail in it, that I'm sure I'll study it the next time I am in the bar too. It was great seeing everybody. Blind Ricky sang a couple songs.

I'm closing out......

.......this page so I can.....

......keep all of the great photos that Whaler shot on the same page. I must warn you in advance....one of the shots shows John Collier obviously getting ready to go into his "Pants on the Ground" mode again. Hoover....we need another intervention here.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; December-08-10 at 02:26 PM. Reason: grammatical conflagration