Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 310 of 432 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 320 360 410 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,750 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by A2DJ View Post
    We only felt one, but it got Kendra to stop playing a video game and come in the living room.

I say we go find Breeze on Saturday night.
    I agree. I know where he lives. He lives right off of I-94, so I pass his house every time I drive to the bar or into Daytwah. I'll hold down the fort on saturday and you guys put a posse together and drag him out by his ankles. We'll pay him back for being a 'Merry Prankster' all of those years. Maybe I can get some Spanada..............Breezer baby, we're coming to git you.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    OG......you got a crop this year?
    You bet Larry. I've also been pushing people to get more involved with community gardening. I've got about 32 tomato plants this year and about the same number of pepper plants. Also lots of other veggies. I'm back to growing the old heritage varieties of tomatoes and some peppers. I love playing around with non-hybridized varieties of plants so I can cross pollinate them myself and alter their genetics to acclimate them to my soil and weather conditions. It's a hoot. You also get to taste what tomatoes were like back around the turn of the century.

By the way, thanks for all the birthday wishes.

I really wish I could make it to the party this year but I'm afraid it's just not in the cards. These are my busiest two weeks out of the entire year at the paper, and after a somewhat dismal winter we're pushing extra hard right now. On a good note, business is great. Hope everyone has a great time and I'll try extra hard to make the next one. If they were in the spring, winter or fall, I could probably come and stay for a month.

Is there any place east of the rockies where the sun shines at least for one hour and the humidity is below 1,000,000 %.?!!?!!???

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    You bet Larry. I've also been pushing people to get more involved with community gardening. I've got about 32 tomato plants this year and about the same number of pepper plants. Also lots of other veggies. I'm back to growing the old heritage varieties of tomatoes and some peppers. I love playing around with non-hybridized varieties of plants so I can cross pollinate them myself and alter their genetics to acclimate them to my soil and weather conditions. It's a hoot. You also get to taste what tomatoes were like back around the turn of the century.

By the way, thanks for all the birthday wishes.

I really wish I could make it to the party this year but I'm afraid it's just not in the cards. These are my busiest two weeks out of the entire year at the paper, and after a somewhat dismal winter we're pushing extra hard right now. On a good note, business is great. Hope everyone has a great time and I'll try extra hard to make the next one. If they were in the spring, winter or fall, I could probably come and stay for a month.
    Oh shit, the tanker truck of Heinekin just pulled up. I had it parked out back and we remodeled the back of the bar to fit a huge power pipe through the back wall to deliver your beer to the bar . WITF are we going to do now, OG? Sad to hear you won't be with us. We'll miss your good humour.

Larry, if you're in Rockford, can you check out Mrs. Fisher's potato chips and tell me if they still come in those wax paper type bags. Just curious. Maybe you should take a few bags of those up to Skip's.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    Is there any place east of the rockies where the sun shines at least for one hour and the humidity is below 1,000,000 %.?!!?!!???
    Not this year. It is miserable around here. I usually turn my AC on a couple of times a year. This year, and the temps haven't been that high, but the humidity has been killer, I've used my AC at least a half dozen times already. I want sunshine and cool breezes.

Thanks 1KD. Saturday night I'll probably buy a couple bottles of muscatel and go sit on a fire escape in an alley somewhere, playing sad songs on my sax. Later, if the carnival is in town, I'll probably head down there around closing time and see if I can find an old, desperate carnie woman I can tell sad stories to. But don't worry about me. You guys all have a good time. I'm old now and can barely see what I'm typing. But I'll get by.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Thanks 1KD. Saturday night I'll probably buy a couple bottles of muscatel and go sit on a fire escape in an alley somewhere, playing sad songs on my sax. Later, if the carnival is in town, I'll probably head down there around closing time and see if I can find an old, desperate carnie woman I can tell sad stories to. But don't worry about me. You guys all have a good time. I'm old now and can barely see what I'm typing. But I'll get by.
    It just won't be the same................

OG.........I'm all over the Mrs. Fisher's thing, and the bags are the same, and they are still the greatest chip in the world. My sister has been sending me boxes full of them on a fairly regular basis now. I just blew through Rockford and wiped out her sizeable supply along with all the potato salad. Zip me an address and I'll make sure you get a delivery, but beware......they are habit forming.

Hey OG.....just got a delivery last week.

Last edited by stnfrnt; July-08-10 at 05:05 PM.

The dudes got TWO reel to reels.

and lotsachips.

That damn party invitation envolope keeps sprinkling silver and gold stars all over my little home office. Crap! there it goes again!

... I had just gotten it cleaned up from the last mishap.

2 more quakes in So Cal tonight. One was a 5.9. We all went outside this time.

We are headed East Tuesday AM.

Really looking forward to Saturday and Sunday.

Kendra is done with school and finished PT today. She is officially on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by A2DJ View Post
    2 more quakes in So Cal tonight. One was a 5.9. We all went outside this time.

We are headed East Tuesday AM.

Really looking forward to Saturday and Sunday.

Kendra is done with school and finished PT today. She is officially on vacation.
    you are missing all the fun ,larry. this one shook pretty good. just outside of ocotillo. even stopped padre game for a moment.

greynoodle......sounds like a rock 'n' roll revival is going on out there.

A2dj......give me a holler when you get close. Gash and I are settled in here in Southfield........be ready for the time zone change and murderous humidity.

Mornin F.O.G. Larry...The kids said hi...Ruthie is coming in thursday night..

Hey Angel and Mikey.......thanks for the Welcome Gifts...they are precious.

Just hangin' out.....

Last edited by stnfrnt; August-14-10 at 10:51 AM.

OOHHHH
    Now I'm excited!

We're on our way woo hoo!

Just like old times..........without the hair.........

Last edited by stnfrnt; July-08-10 at 07:57 PM.

More old times......but with a little more hair.........

Last edited by stnfrnt; July-08-10 at 07:57 PM.

hey ! thats WITH the hair !!

...just hoping Hoover is noting the new trend...black socks under the sandals...when I had just given up on it...

A2DJ/Kendra - bring it-will be dynamite ta see ya...

O.G...I'm cryin

...also...sorry LA I still want to see the Celtics win...even tho they got schooled last night..it was like the direct opposite from game 5-the Lakers were running and the Celtics were walking...

Glmn.......I don't give a shit about the Lakers. I hope they get schooled BIG TIME!!

OG......you belong at Skipper's Hamtown....it's a natural fit. Reminds me of Sexy Sadie's.

BTW: Markley screams on guitar.

Looking good guys.
    By the way, my favorite clip from the movie trailer is the last one with Gary where he says, "It was all because of the music. Spread the love, enjoy the music." I thought that was great.