Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 390 of 432 FirstFirst ... 290 340 380 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 400 ... LastLast
Results 9,726 to 9,750 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

where's gus?

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    where's gus?
    Traveling at the moment. He's having a hard time logging on here with his phone recently.

...is the ice off of the lakes yet up there?...

...is the ice off of the lakes yet up there?...
    We never even got ice on most of the lakes around here this winter. The smaller lakes that had ice were pretty iffy most of the time. There was about a three week period when it was reasonable but it didn't last long. My son spent most of his time driving up to Chequamegon Bay on Lake Superior.

og....that's what i figured with the warm winter....wonder if the fish got all confused....spawning cycles depend a lot on water temperatures....

Hey OG....Been a weird winter all over.....Near 90 degrees here today, which is 15+ degrees above normal....What ever normal is...[[the only thing I know that is normal is the settings on my washer and dryer)

Any chance you and Gus making it to the GW gathering this June....Sure would be great to get together again and party with some old friends, good food and great music......

Anyone else planning of attending please let us know here or on F/B.....and of course Go Do Good Things....

og....that's what i figured with the warm winter....wonder if the fish got all confused....spawning cycles depend a lot on water temperatures....
    That's true Larry. I was just reading an article about how the DNR here are scrambling to collect eggs because all the fish are going through their spawning cycle a month early.

Gash, I'm not sure what's up for the summer yet. For some reason I took an extra job helping a company reorganize their departments after a bunch of bungled management changes. I'm still running the newspaper and I just rented a 3000 square foot green house and a 1200 square foot greenhouse and I'm going to attempt to supply two area restaurants with produce. It's getting a little hectic here, but anythings possible. I would like to see everyone again.

Stopped at the Old Miami on Tuesday...Left all of our info for Sun June 24th..Talked with Danny the Owner he said he would love to have us back....Waiting for a call from the Booker..Then I will get in touch with Joe the sound Guy...Peace...Whaler

Ann Arbor 2009
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Whaler....you are the man!! Thanks for walking point on this. I'm planning/hoping to hit D-town on June 11...maybe find a couple guitar players and a conga guy to spend some time with....show 'em some new songs and stuff...just sayin'....

Attachment 13057

Attachment 13055

Attachment 13056

Ahhhhh...Yes....Nice

Gonna try to make it

....that's really good news...

Well now....what have we here?

Attachment 13104

See you later, Levon......thanks for stopping by......

....multi-dimensional algorithms??...

That's me drumming up money for the next Garwood reunion.

....a 99%er if there ever was one....

Ann Arbor refugee center?

Attachment 13191

Sunday June 24th Old Miami...Cass ave Detroit....12 ---6 Pm...Music..Food...fun...Whaler

Hell Yes!! OG...sure hope you can make it...Ruth and everybody else too!

I'd like to make it/ might be possible. My problem right now is my evening/weekend gardening project is getting a little out of hand. Not sure what I was thinking.

Attachment 13236
    Attachment 13235
    Attachment 13237

...happy, peaceful, and serene moments working in the garden.....it's a good life...

Went out to Santa Barbara Island again...I love this place!!...nothing but a 1 square mile rock sticking about 650' up out of the Pacific Ocean about 38 miles due West of Redondo Beach.....very quiet....gazillion stars at night....great fishing...a ranger station and nothing else!....got onto the island and stood there and looked around 360*...amazing....nothing but ocean...humbling....makes one realize just how insignificant we are in the whole scheme of things..

Attachment 13268

Attachment 13284