Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 120 of 432 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 130 170 220 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

I say we make Kendra the official Garwood princess and have a crown for her at the next party!

The joy of Kendras coming home is saddened by the passing of Pop Icon Micheal Jackson.....Since we are a thread so closely tied to the world of music I feel sure that Kendra joins us all in sharing the sadness of his passing, and recognize his contribution to the world of entertainment, yet
    at the same time we celebrate Kendra being home with her family and friends....Thanks Stnfrnt for being our liaison and keep bringing Kendra our love our prayers and support to her and her family.

Firstlady sent me the photo last night. Not sure when it was taken, but it was recent. Peter and Brenda are pretty happy. So am I. Ruth has a great idea with the princess and crown. Dancing angels, pirates and princesses................things haven't really changed that much at the old Garwood after all.

What a beautiful smile she has! Hurrah for Kendra!

Last edited by stnfrnt; August-21-09 at 03:50 PM.

what a guitar Champ... thing is...I remember him with the WHITE Les Paul...how come that one's dark ?
    [[tough question?)

also,.. there's just Something about KENDRA's Smile !!

Gleeman-Thats my '58 LP custom. Originally black, shortly after that picture was taken, I
    had it refinished white. That was the second worst decision I ever made! As for
    the aura, that was a chemical reaction due to the wattage of the Marshall
    interacting with the impedence of three humbucking pickups,...or Prell and
    mescaline.

HiWatt........my money is on the Prell and mescaline.

A religious message from your local Clergy

Attachment 2044

Last edited by stnfrnt; July-24-09 at 09:05 AM.

right on Stn...

Default Greetings from Socal

Just wanted to thank you all for a great time! Seeing you all touched my heart.
    Ruth.....thank you for all your hard work the reunion was a huge success you are truly the perfect hostess
    Stonefront & Mark.....I look forward to your comments everyday...who knew you had such talent for writing
    Treegirl.....your laugh while watching the video touched me
    Greynoodle.....stay in touch....did you see any elk at Janes?
    Detgirl....you rock....and what a dancer
    Annie....it was like old times talking to you
    Stevekahn & Sammy......I thought I'd never see you guys again..you made me cry...loved seeing lally and tucker too
    Gus & Heidi.....gus you'll always be my best man....heidi loved meeting you come visit when you come out
    Skipper.....you are the best...thanks for all your hard work
    Rona....next time
    Gash...thanks for concern about getting home made it ok
    Collier......loved seeing you.....thanks for your blog its the best i have your picture
    Jordangirl2.....thanks for being my date it was a blast...hope your knee is better haha
    and to everyone else thank you so much for all the kind thoughts and words to my niece Kendra....she loved the award and is honored to be a Garwoodian
    peace & love
    firstlady xxo

Anybody up for a Beaver reunion?

Last edited by stnfrnt; July-24-09 at 09:05 AM.

omg I kept looking at that photo thinking it was from the reunion
    yikes its the beav, wally and eddy/edward thanks larry you made me laugh

firstlady nice thank you to everyone but I didn't see Carl listed? So nice to meet everyone and thanks to Ruth for all her hard work. Message for Carl:
    Ohaiyou Gozaimasu
    Konnichiwa
    Konbanwa

what the hell is that??

Good Morning
    Hello
    Good Afternoon
    I don't know the time difference in Japan so I tried to cover all bases.

Looks like Kendra's got good taste in football teams. It's little things like that, that can get a person a bunch of waterpark passes.

I've got a huge mulberry tree in my yard. I've filled about 8 quart containers and the tree is loaded every day. My garden is beautiful. Fish are jumpin', and the cotton is high. Man I love summer.

I was thinking. I believe Gus and I were probably the last to leave the party on Saturday night. Imagine that. Somewhere around 3 am I believe. We stuck around for an extra hour just to make sure everyone got out. Seems to me there should probably be an award for that. Something simple but nice. Maybe a trophy.

Hey Bentspur, you still out there?

What can I say. I love this song. You guys slap this together for next year and I'll give you each a six pack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnJgI...eature=related

There's a 12 pack in it for each of you if you can slap this one together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByYSk...rom=PL&index=7

OG.........I couldn't agree more. You guys definately deserve some sort of recognition for staying late and making sure everyone was on their way home safely. That's the kind of guys you are; always concerned about your friends' welfare.

We shoud probably also give an award to the AAA guy who got out of bed at 2:00a to come down to the Firefly and unlock Gus's car for him so he could get the keys he left in the car..........when he locked it.

Just a thought.

OG's trying to tell us he was hanging around the Firefly with Gus 'til 3 AM, to make sure we all got out and home safely. Right...............The last I saw of OG, he was crawling under the stairs at the Firefly, too drunk to walk and about to crash in a big cardboard box that was conveniently left there. Someone said, "call him a cab", and OG replied, "no I'm not". That was just before he zonked. Did anyone check to see if he really made a reservation at a hotel or did he stay in that box all weekend?

hey now, hey now.... Let's get real....go ahead and explain why you guys stayed late.....did it have anything to do with waiting for AAA to come and unlock the trunk because "someone" locked the keys in the trunk after a few pipes full and maybe a spoon or two...I'm just sayin....This is what I mean about these little ditties that make good stories about the party...If I remember right, I waited with you guys for a while, and the rest is history....Of course I was loading equipment while all this took place....Yeah that's what I was doing....loading equipment....that's my story and I'm stickin to it....Have a nice day......GDGT

There was a box under the stairway?? How come nobody told me?? Christ, if I'd a known that, I wouldn't have bummed a ride with HiWatt and gotten us lost because I couldn't find my hotel.....across the street from HiWatt's room.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    There's a 12 pack in it for each of you if you can slap this one together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByYSk...rom=PL&index=7
    uhm, O,G,..prepare the 12 pak...I prefer premiums like St. Pauli Girl..but will take me a year to drink the 12 pak...I learned Bluegrass Banjo when I was about 16 because everybody else was playin guitars...I learned that particular piece, and just learned today from your Youtube vid that it's called "Sally Goodin"...and could record the vid on my Mac today but I don't know how to transfer it to the blog... lowly me... also interesting on your linked vid is a version of "Foggy Mt. Breakdown" by Scruggs and Steve Martin that deserves a listen to...I know that one also...and began my banjo career by trying to learn the masterfull licks of Earl Scruggs - my Hero... get yer bluegrass stompin' shoes on, my man, cuz Glmn will be comin at ya...Attachment 2056
    Last edited by Gleeman; March-26-10 at 01:58 PM.

...by the way, GASH...on the Foggy Mt. Youtube vid check out the guitarwork by [[Vince Gill?)

you'll like it...

Margie..I might have deleted your phone message...did you call?..I'm on my way North for 3 weeks Monday...will have the laptop [[and the Banjo) with me...
    I'm sort of a non-cellphone-assed user so bear with me... there's going to be mini-concert on the lake next door to me where I'll be jammin' with a couple young guys from Traverse City on the 4th of July-a guitarist and his bro' on syndrums..and they have a definite Funky style and are putting out a CD soon [[which I've very generously been asked to do some guitar on,,,and am really eager to be involved with that ) the coffee is GOOD...

1st Lady...hoping I wasn't deleted from yer list...I was very excited to hear of Kendra's progress, and hope some day I could see that beautiful smiling face...