Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 233 of 432 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 243 283 333 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeman View Post
    that is disgusting and sickening. Man IS killing the Earth. thanks for that link, I read a lot of it. I'd heard of that area, and it makes sense that the ocean currents are holding it all together....there should be an army of retired people like me to get together and ship out to that area to start a major clean-up...but twice the size of Texas ? hard to imagine...
    It's called the 'Free Market'! At it's best???? And we have an unemployment problem. Geez, do you think we might put people to work cleaning this shit up? Or, maybe working in an Envrionmental Works Program a/la The Conservation Corps during the Depression. How about a job creating program to construct real rapid transit? Alternative energy? China has surpassed us in technology and desire to transform the world. How scary is that? What's even scarier is the polticians we have ?guiding? us through this nightmare. Republicrat or Demican, they're bought and sold. I think we're sunk.

On a more positive note:

Southern California -- this just in

California Supreme Court strikes down limits on medical marijuana possession

"In 2003, the Legislature passed a law intended to clarify the initiative and give guidance to patients and law enforcement officials. The Legislature decided that patients could have up to 8 ounces of dried marijuana and grow as many as six mature or 12 immature plants. The law also allowed a patient to have more if a doctor stated that amount was insufficient.
    The court concluded that those restrictions improperly amended the Compassionate Use Act, which was approved by voters and includes no provision that allows the Legislature to amend it."

Don't you just love it when leglislators start dictating your medical protocal.......fuck the doctor's treatment program. California is known as a liberal state, but our right wingers are really out there.

1kd......you nailed it, amigo, and now we, as individuals, must do something, no matter how trivial it might seem at the time, to try and help. It's okay [[I guees) to NOT be part of the problem. It's waaaay better to be part of a solution. Don't give up the ship just yet.

well, you guys seem to sum it all up pretty well... K we'll have to discuss this...
    just like ya get tired of seeing the same old actors in all the new movies makin all that $...ya gey tired of seein the same old Senators and Reps talking a lot and not improving anything....
    Stn at least California is seeing the light...

Sweet Dreams my Friends
    Attachment 4943
    Last edited by Margie; February-22-10 at 07:52 PM.

The trash vortex sure is depressing. I wonder if all that plastic out in the ocean can be recycled: garbage scows out there havesting trash instead of fish and turning a profit?

Hello.....is anybody there..........u who...
    Attachment 4946

Hi Margie

It just seems that everyone who signed a piece of paper have all jammed up regarding the GW
    so I went hunting for more people of those days.
    We met this wonderful musician while eating in a A2 restaurant,on June 13th 2009. He said his parents used to party at the GW and now lived close to us. I am just getting around to following that lead as I am sure they did not sign any piece of paper and can probably talk openly.
    There are still a lot of people that we listed before and hopefully they can liven up the GW stories some more.

Heres an old poster from 1972 via a Detroit highschool site that has all or mostly all the Grande Ballroom posters

Attachment 4948

Signed What?

what piece of paper - - i didn't sign anything - - was i supposed to sign something - - can I still sign it?

Howdy gang..been away for a little while....my computer caught a real bad virus..... It ate a bunch of stuff..... Be aware of an E-mail that tells you to up-grade your E-mail provider.... It says it is from Microsoft and they call it "Security Tool" and other names....it can be attached to just about any e-mail and when you open that one, it hangs out in your computer and one day it sends you the e-mail offering a "Microsoft Up-grade"...... you can't get rid of it, if your as computer illiterate as I am..... the more you try the deeper it goes, It finally took over mine and had to have the pros fix it.....another Hundred bucks for this go$ ^&mn thing again ....... Since 90% of my mail and downloads come from this site.....that's probably where I picked it up....Just be aware of what we send and download on this sight, make sure we scan photos, tunes, other sights, etc ......Any way I'm back and ready to party....... If I can be of any help just let me know and I'll see if I can find some one ..... Just being silly......Luv y'all ....GDGT

Quote Originally Posted by ruth View Post
    what piece of paper - - i didn't sign anything - - was i supposed to sign something - - can I still sign it?
    o.g, .. maybe she meant ROLL a piece of paper...we've all done that....

hi Gash

Ruth don't sign anything except your credit card, and Stn said don't even sign that...
    now my signature is gleeman

Attachment 4950heres sum fun...

It's my birthday and I'm on my third glass of wine - pizza on the way. I know how to live!

Ruthie Baby...
    Attachment 4952

HALPPY BIRFdAaee to you....after the pizza, a shot of Tequila will only enhance the festivity...
    Last edited by Gleeman; January-22-10 at 08:15 PM.

Do it up right Girl....
    Attachment 4953
    Attachment 4954

Hey Gleeman..How you doin
    Attachment 4955

Ruthie...How long would it take us to get to you...Come on guys...lets hop in the van
    Attachment 4956

To all my friends that lived at Garwood Mansion How many people that lived at Garwood are planing to attend the festevities this June.?

Hoover

Happy Birthday, Ruth. Have a glass of wine for me as I'm having one in honor of your Birthday!

Happy B-Day, Ruth. You might want to store this link on your favorites list.

http://www.ssa.gov/estimator/

Margie........if we're gonna' kidnap Ruth, you know what they say.....

"Hey, let Candyman drive."

Last edited by stnfrnt; February-12-10 at 06:53 PM.

Happy birthday Ruth!

Hey Ruth...Happy Day and Many More..
    Last edited by Whaler; March-18-10 at 09:06 AM.

Ruthie Baby.....Happy Freakin B-Day.... consider yourself, Hugged --- Kissed ---- Fondled ---- and Affectionately Loved, in what ever way makes your, Rickey Ticky, or yourWiggle Waggle, or yourThing Sing, as long as it makes you feel good, and know that you are Loved by all of us ....... Where would we be with out you ....... bunches of love and appreciation .............. keep Doin Good Things