Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Jingles in Boofland View Post
    Yeah, but when you read about what he did that day and how he saved the lives of his fellow marines, and killing two enemy soldiers as well, it's understandable why the navy named a ship after him - Sometimes US ships end up in the most unlikely places....like Turkey! - My dad was on the USS Missouri BB-63 during Korea as a marine - I don't even know where the Missouri is anchored today.
    I don't want to degrade what he did that day, I have lived 37 years with that knowledge. He lives on with me, and with very few else. But back to your screen name, Pretty cool. Up for grabs - Johnny Ginger, Captain Jolly, Milky the Clown, and Poopdeck Paul. [[Always wondered about that name).

I wish I would've went with Jingles instead; the Boofland part makes it too long - I was at the state fair one time in the early '60s and won a box of Hollywood candy bars from Poopdeck Paul, I can''t remember why, the candy bars were awful, but I was a Forever Yours man then - I sold them for two cents a piece [[I think they cost a nickel retail), and there were 24 of them [[but I ate one)...what's that 5.50?........thanks Poopdeck!

I thought I saw a guy down by the State Fair, that looked just Like Captain Jolly, I was so excited, that I almost threw up. It turned out that it was just a guy with a beard, and I realized that I was on Acid. Life sucks. Then you think you saw Captain Jolly.
    Last edited by Bigb23; September-23-11 at 07:00 PM.

Yeah, but when you read about what he did that day and how he saved the lives of his fellow marines, and killing two enemy soldiers as well, it's understandable why the navy named a ship after him - Sometimes US ships end up in the most unlikely places....like Turkey! - My dad was on the USS Missouri BB-63 during Korea as a marine - I don't even know where the Missouri is anchored today.
    Mr. Jingles - I've had this on my hard drive forever, I just want to pass it along.

Attachment 10744

Ooh Rah.
    Last edited by Bigb23; September-23-11 at 11:50 PM.

Way cool Bigb23 - I saved it on my hard drive.

Good Mornin' all Ya'll, Well, the summer is winding down with a golden Aspen indian summer here. So is our concert season winding down. We our leaving tomorrow to see B.B. King in Laughlin then on to Vegas to see Further at the Hard Rock Cafe, then back home for Dark Star and Paul Simon. We look forward to perhaps seeing Sug this winter. My military career spanned three years from 1961 thru 1964. I was a Sarge in Germany for two and a half years during the cold war with Russia, protecting the then Berlin wall. Just before the Viet Nam war escalated. I was with the 8th Division, 12th Engineer Batallion and was involved with "operation big lift" the whole 8th division from Fort Benning, Georgia air dropped into Germany and crossed the Rhine River on the 12th engineer batallions amphibious bridge equipment. What a way to spend a weekend. Huh?