Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 414 of 432 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 424 ... LastLast
Results 10,326 to 10,350 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Hey look! It's our old buddy Mark Hoover [[stillrockin) posing for a vacation photo at the world famous [[yup, you guessed it) Hoover Dam. Ain't that cool?

Attachment 24539

Ahh, Stykkisholmur in early autumn. Don't get me started about herring population though. Head over to Reykjanesbaer and try to find some herring. Good luck. Good times down on Hrannargata St. down by the docks at night though. Good luck finding an olive and herring martini for less than $10.

The Iron Butterfly story ain't quite accurate......actually it was BushMark [[old guy) who woke up to Inna Gadda Da Vida.

http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...rock/16656413/

Nice Job on the article...Larry check out the group on FB 60's and 70's Rock scene...There are some people on there you might know...One girl knew Eddie!!!...Whaler

I'm all over it, Whaler. Been going there from time to time for a few years.....nice little page.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    The Iron Butterfly story ain't quite accurate......actually it was BushMark [[old guy) who woke up to Inna Gadda Da Vida.

http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...rock/16656413/
    Thanks Larry. Talked to Hoover and he didn't remember that. I don't think he was there that night. Maybe nobody remembers it, but I do. Gus remembered it too. Nobody, well maybe a couple of people remembered the night in the kitchen when Jeff Beck and Noel Redding were there. Beck came to Detroit because he was recording a blues album at Motown [[the album was never released) and was in town for about a month. Nobody believed me about that either. Beck did hook up with Tim Bogert and Carmine Appice of Cactus. I know you remember later that night when Fast Eddie went nuts and you tried to wake me up because he was busting the place up and for some reason I was responsible for him.
    Seems like there was always a guy named Fast Eddie no matter where you lived that was a fuck up. I'm guessing you might remember the tail end of that evening. You were really pissed off at me.

old guy....... I believe I was pissed off at everybody for one thing or another most of the time because I was usually running out of crank. I do remember Jeff Beck being at the Garwood and it is a fact that he was in Detroit recording a blues album. I know this because Joe Ford and Brian Dombrowski [[mostly Brian) where the recording engineers on that session. Brian worked at Motown for many many years and he was instrumental in helping Stonefront during its embryonic journey.

Fast Eddie is on my shit list for life because of some things he did with Nancy after he got her all drugged up. Dancer Dan did the same thing to her. Short of a date rape early 1970s style thing. It seems like those two guys had to rely on heavy-duty drugs to satisfy their carnal pleasures, and to this day if I ever see either one of them one of us is going to jail and the other one is going to the hospital or the morgue. That might be a little extreme, but I don't ever want to see either one of those guys anywhere on this planet. And I will be responsible for my actions. I guess you can tell it's a sore spot with me.

Sorry I kept getting pissed off at you

Can't blame you. Fast Eddie was a piece of shit that I wish I never would have never met. One of those people that you somehow come into contact with and you don't know how it happened. I don't blame you for being pissed off that night. I was just pissed that F.Eddie got me so screwed up that hanging out with Jeff Beck and Noel Redding ended so shortly after a good time in the kitchen. They were really down to earth normal people. I almost died in the library trying to make it to my room. Again, due to Fast Eddie.
    Since that night I've also made it a practice to stay away from people that go by the name of Slick, Ace and Jimbo.
    Didn't know about all that other stuff you mentioned.
    Last edited by old guy; October-17-14 at 11:09 PM.

Not many people do, and that's how it should be I guess. It really messed Nancy up, but I digress. I have found drummer Eddie Saenz's son over on Facebook and I am anxiously awaiting return correspondence that hopefully will give me some contact information for Eddie [[NOT fast eddie asshole). But just in the few short messages his son and I have exchanged I get the feeling that there may be some distance between Eddie and at least some people in his family. I can only hope for the best. Eddie was a great guy and a simply fantastic drummer, and I believe I was always pissed off at him too.

He's down around San Diego somewhere.

Name:  Garwood-FreepOct5,2014-pic.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  51.4 KB From Gary Markley

Gary Markley did this? It's great! How did you get a hold of it? Man that's really a nice effect he got there. Kudos!

Reading this at the airport in Doha, Qatar. Flying back to the United States after three months in India. On my way home to Mount Shasta, California. Will be in Michigan from October 27 to November 10 visiting family and, especially, my 5 month old granddaughter.

Blessings to the Garwoodites,
    Lewis [[Lee) Elbinger

Back at you, Lewis.....and welcome home, gramps.

happy birthday
    det313girl.

Happy Birthday Sharon!!!!....Hope all is well!!!...Whaler

D-girl......keep on rockin' in the free world, birthday girl......

old guy.....my previous post should read "[[Not fast eddie THE asshole)".......just wanted to clear that up-it just didn't read right in original form.

Got it........

Det313grrl and John Collier
    Attached Images Attached Images    

old guy......kinda' hard to beat Fall in the Mid-West........gives the Northeast a run for it's money, methinks.

Attachment 24786

Attachment 24787

Attachment 24788

Still looking for Stonefront's kick-ass drummer Eddie Saenz.........anybody seen him lately.....sure do miss him.

Name:  eddie.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  21.2 KB

Attachment 24901

working up a song in that little radio room up in the attic at the Garwood mansion.....Darryl "D.K." Bradley takes a little break. I loved that little room.....padded walls and recording gear......the firemen and the cops told the Detroit Free Press that that was where we went when we were on bad acid trips [[it must have been the carpet samples on the walls......acoustic function when recording).....I just couldn't convince those guys that they had it all wrong.

I remember the attic. You could have probably fit 200 - 300 people up there. I remember the huge radio transmitter that Gar Wood had up there. Didn't the U.S. government come in and disconnect it at the beginning of WWII because it could transmit to Europe. Gar used it to transmit boat races on the Detroit River globally. On a side note, I remember towards the end days, I hitched back to the mansion with a friend from the Apostle Islands, slept up there for a week or so and you ended up throwing me out of the place because the DFD said nobody could sleep up there. You told me that they showed up, saw some people were living up there and were going to shut the place down. We took off and ended up in Minnesota. Got into a little scuffle up around Conners and Jefferson on the way out of town. It was no big deal. I knew nobody was supposed to be staying up there. Had a good time. Bounced back to A2 later for about a year after spending some time in Phoenix, Tucson, Oakland, Mill Valley, St. Louis, Madison, Chicago and then back to the mansion eventually for the last party.

You know what old guy?You really should get out and about more often.....explore, broaden your horizons, meet people, do some traveling....it's good for the soul.

How many times did I kick you out of the Garwood?......and how good was I at doing that? Hell, I think I even kicked myself out a couple times.

No problem Larry. You were always doing a high wire act and I preferred the down low, so it worked out well. By the way, after the last party it was back to Ypsi for a few months and then off to Champaign to roady for a while and then off to Carbondale to live on a farm.