Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    Do said Legos [[fans) watch Glee?
    Likely not the 75,000 "registered" [[you have to be 18 or over to be on this list) adult LEGO fans in the USA...
    http://www.bricklink.com/memberList.asp?countryID=US
    Last edited by Gistok; April-17-10 at 12:05 PM.

DC48080 Guest

That guy who mentioned the "Lego population" in Detroit must be off his meds. I didn't realize Legos had a population much less that there were statistics available about said population.

What is the population of Rubik's cubes in Detroit? Does anyone know?

Michigan Guest

So you can make fun of people's hobbies all you want. Liking Legos does not make you gay. A lot of the guys are, or might be anyway, but liking Legos is a normal healthy positive hobby. What do you two like to do? Drink and smoke pot? Wow that makes you such big men.
    I'll stick with my Bionicles and Space police if you please. I don't need mind altering drugs to enjoy life and know what's real. I also know that Glee is a great show and very popular, so I'll bet you two do watch it and are just afraid to admit it, and I know lots of Lego fans that like Glee.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    I don't need mind altering drugs to enjoy life . . .
    I would just like to take a moment to encourage you to reconsider this position. I think it might be beneficial for yourself, and for society as a whole, if you could sit down with a physician and explore some of the options. Pharmaceutical chemistry has made great strides recently and one should not be dismissive of modern science without due diligence. Give my best to everyone in Legoland.

DC48080 Guest

So you can make fun of people's hobbies all you want. Liking Legos does not make you gay. A lot of the guys are, or might be anyway, but liking Legos is a normal healthy positive hobby. What do you two like to do? Drink and smoke pot? Wow that makes you such big men.
    I'll stick with my Bionicles and Space police if you please. I don't need mind altering drugs to enjoy life and know what's real. I also know that Glee is a great show and very popular, so I'll bet you two do watch it and are just afraid to admit it, and I know lots of Lego fans that like Glee.
    I don't drink. Nor do I smoke pot. Never have and never will. Please, for the love of God, seek professional help. Private message me and I can recommend a very capable counselor for you. You are not well, but you can be helped. Please let me help you.

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    I don't drink. Nor do I smoke pot. Never have and never will. Please, for the love of God, seek professional help. Private message me and I can recommend a very capable counselor for you. You are not well, but you can be helped. Please let me help you.

You're too much! I like Legos and suddenly I need professional help?
    You all are tearing down my idea of getting something positive in this city. Maybe you all need the help.

DC48080 Guest

You're too much! I like Legos and suddenly I need professional help?
    You all are tearing down my idea of getting something positive in this city. Maybe you all need the help.

Again you have completely missed the point. Liking Legos does not in any way mean that you need help. Your posts have indicated that don't have much of a grasp of reality. You can benefit from counseling.

Why do you guys keep feeding the troll?

Michigan Guest

I hate this. WHY CAN YOU NOT ALL JUST LISTEN!

You all say this is impossible, but there are a lot of movies filming here. But they all play up the decrepit parts of the city. WHY CAN'T WE GET ONE THAT PLAYS UP THE POSITIVE? Someone has an idea and you all get angry you didn't think of it. It is like you are all little children. You make fun of me because of my ideas and my hobbies and then you do NOTHING to help the city.

DC48080 Guest

I hate this. WHY CAN YOU NOT ALL JUST LISTEN!

You all say this is impossible, but there are a lot of movies filming here. But they all play up the decrepit parts of the city. WHY CAN'T WE GET ONE THAT PLAYS UP THE POSITIVE? Someone has an idea and you all get angry you didn't think of it. It is like you are all little children. You make fun of me because of my ideas and my hobbies and then you do NOTHING to help the city.
    Just try to get a grip. Your idea is nonsensical and BS on so many levels. Move on to something else. Every time you post you show yourself to be more and more irrational. Having an episode of Glee filmed here will do nothing at all to help the city. As if it would ever happen anyway.

Go play with your Legos and let the grown ups converse.

I don't know how LEGO got dragged into this rather silly thread... but here's the TLG [[The LEGO Company) statistics...

300,000,000 children play with LEGO.
    250,000 adults also play with LEGO... [[these were adults who had LEGO as children, "grew up" [[as Michigan needs to do)... had kids of their own... bought them LEGO... and then discovered that they liked it again... in a purely architectural sense... and started buy it for their own use from one of the online LEGO websites).

Here's one Chicago millionaires obsession... [[some are architectural models that can be purchased online)...
    http://www.brickstructures.com/Home.html

Now for Michigan.... you need to go back to your Bionicles... until you're old enough to have logical mature discussions with adults...

Michigan Guest

I don't believe the vitriol from you guys. I let this go because I kept getting beat up. But you guys just keep dragging it back.

I like Legos, sue me okay. Yes, it is a little strange for most adults but I don't care.

The idea of having Glee come to Detroit and do a show is a good one. You people just like to look for someone to pick on who is different.

The idea of having Glee come to Detroit and do a show is a good one. You people just like to look for someone to pick on who is different.
    I think the big issue is people gave you concrete ideas about why this idea won't fly and your rebuttal was similar to "NUH-HUH,,, I think its a good idea! Stop picking on me!" then you lay into the person as if they are stupid. Thats not a defendable arguement.

What you should have done was explained your reasoning better.
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; April-22-10 at 03:34 PM.

Michigan Guest

@detroitplanner- I doubt that you even live in Detroit. You are very negative on the city. If you live here please try to be positive. What sort of planning do you do? Planning to fail? Because that is how you appear to an independent observer. I don't like you or your snarky comments about me and Detroit. I want to help this city not belittle it in public.

DC48080- You are a mean person. I assume that you are a man because men are meaner than women. You need to look in the mirror and address why you don't like yourself or Detroit. Lots of films are being shot in Detroit, so why you like to deny this is possible is beyond me. Wake up and realize that it is only by stretching our goal that we acheive more.

Gistok- Why you insist on belittling me because of my Legos "fetish" is a mystery. I have never done anything mean to you. I like Legos, get over it and stop bringing it up just to belittle me. There are a lot of people who like Legos, big deal. You seem to have it in for me because of this one aspect of my personality. I am a complex person, stop picking one item out of context and making a joke of it. If you were into Legos it probably wouldn't be so funny.

Bearinabox Guest

How's it hangin', Mich? Did you ever find a brown dog?

Michigan Guest

Honeyman- I don't know you, but I guess it is easy to pile on someone when a whole gang does so. None of you would stand up to me in a real debate. It is all ad hominem attacks. Yeah- I know the debate terms, and I'm good at it too. All any of you do is jump on one person to feel good about yourelves.

Bearinabox- I have not yet purchased a dog. Several people have warned me to stay away from adoption agencies because the dogs are vicious and brutalized. So, now I need to come up with big bucks to buy a pup from a store. And who wants to train a pup in the city?
    Why do you go by bearinabox? Are you a large, hairy, gay man, no offense meant just curious, I know that "bear" is a term used in the gay community, like "twink"
    Anyway, thanks for asking.

Gistok- Why you insist on belittling me because of my Legos "fetish" is a mystery. I have never done anything mean to you. I like Legos, get over it and stop bringing it up just to belittle me. There are a lot of people who like Legos, big deal. You seem to have it in for me because of this one aspect of my personality. I am a complex person, stop picking one item out of context and making a joke of it. If you were into Legos it probably wouldn't be so funny.
    Michigan.... everyone on this forum with at least 100 posts [[except you)... knows that I would NEVER pick on anyone because of LEGO.... dude... I wrote a collectors guide on the subject [[sold in 22 countries). I was more defending the product, rather than picking on you...

You come across as hyper-sensitive... which is either A) you're a troll... or B) you're a young sensitive person. If it's "B" then I appologize. But your comments are all over the board.

If you are young... then we will be more sensitive to your comments [[although they do sound rather troll like sometimes).... There's other young members here, such as our young suburban member French777, whose been here since age 15... some have called him out on some of his posts... but many of the oldtimers on this forum have come to his defense... because he was still a newbie and still "wet behind the ears".

But if you're just a troll.... we like them for lunch whenever possible.... devoured whole....

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I think the big issue is people gave you concrete ideas about why this idea won't fly and your rebuttal was similar to "NUH-HUH,,, I think its a good idea! Stop picking on me!" then you lay into the person as if they are stupid. Thats not a defendable arguement.

What you should have done was explained your reasoning better.
    Thanks for proving me right!

Yeah thats me ole Mr Suburbanite... LOL
    Some of my best friends live in suburbs though. I went to High School with some!

BTW, I love Lego, but I'd rather work with pen and ink, or ArcInfo.
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; April-22-10 at 08:15 PM.

DC48080 Guest

@detroitplanner- I doubt that you even live in Detroit. You are very negative on the city. If you live here please try to be positive. What sort of planning do you do? Planning to fail? Because that is how you appear to an independent observer. I don't like you or your snarky comments about me and Detroit. I want to help this city not belittle it in public.

DC48080- You are a mean person. I assume that you are a man because men are meaner than women. You need to look in the mirror and address why you don't like yourself or Detroit. Lots of films are being shot in Detroit, so why you like to deny this is possible is beyond me. Wake up and realize that it is only by stretching our goal that we acheive more.

WOW! You're such a deep analytical thinker, Michigan. You nailed it right on the head! Since I don't like that sappy kiddy show Glee, I must hate myself and Detroit. Because everyone knows that self esteem and love for one's hometown are undeniably tied to one's love of Glee. Thank you for pointing this out to me. This will be a renaissance for me.

I am going to take what you said to heart and "stretch our goal" as you put it so we can achieve more. So, I have decided to start a petition to get the Disney company to do a Mickey Mouse cartoon set in Detroit. I am convinced that if we do this then everything will be all hunkey dorey again and all our troubles will be solved. Maybe Mickey Mouse can completely rebuild the city with Legos!

Gee whiz, wouldn't that be swell!

"Glee" sucks. That is all.

Honeyman- I don't know you, but I guess it is easy to pile on someone when a whole gang does so. None of you would stand up to me in a real debate. It is all ad hominem attacks. Yeah- I know the debate terms, and I'm good at it too. All any of you do is jump on one person to feel good about yourelves.

Bearinabox- I have not yet purchased a dog. Several people have warned me to stay away from adoption agencies because the dogs are vicious and brutalized. So, now I need to come up with big bucks to buy a pup from a store. And who wants to train a pup in the city?
    Why do you go by bearinabox? Are you a large, hairy, gay man, no offense meant just curious, I know that "bear" is a term used in the gay community, like "twink"
    Anyway, thanks for asking.
    Michigan,

For the record, I don't think you're serious in any of your posts, but if you are indeed telling the truth about an adopted dog, please reconsider. I have "rescued" two dogs and they are the kindest, gentlist, greatest animals I could have asked for. Go to a responsible shelter and ask about the type of dog you are considering. Perhaps they will give you a chance to foster the hound before committing to keep him. But these animals need a chance and a home.

Secondary to larger social problems, pessimism is a poison that retards the growth of Detroit. It begins with a thought or vision. If the residents are what make a great city, then, perhaps, we need to do some self-reflection. Our city is what we collectively allow it to be. Believe 'n the D!

Michigan Guest

I am really trying to avoid this thread. It seems like no matter what I write here I am put upon. So, I will read but I am trying not to respond.

Michigan Guest

Okay- I hope you will excuse this self bump but Glee is on tonight. I think that if you watch it you will understand how it could work. Please do not attack me, just watch the show.

Thanks

Michigan,
    I work at an adoption agency and find your views naive and stereotypical. Many of the dogs we have are fun and need a loving home, such as yours [[I hope!). I urge you to reconsider. The summer months are when adoption agencies are packed with dogs and cats and welcome every oppurtunity for adoption. I, however, urge you also to go to your city or county's shelter, if they have one, and not the "Humane" Society.

And sorry, will not be watching Glee, there are better programs to watch, if at all.
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; April-27-10 at 09:40 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast