Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Hybrid View

Default A One Stop Answer

There is a one-stop answer to nearly all of your questions about the neighborhood names for the city of Detroit: get a copy of "Detroit Beginnings: Early Villages and Old Neighborhoods" by Gene Scott. It should be on sale at the Detroit Historical Society or online at olddetroitshop.com.

Oh crape...I posted this in the wrong thread. Grrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    Oh crape...I posted this in the wrong thread. Grrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    Yes Leesville Eastside Al & Mike! My memory is dulling with age.

Yup........
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; September-23-18 at 10:21 AM.

This thread was featured in a popular Youtube channel's video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df_h...utu.be&t=3m28s

[[or down below, skip to 3 minutes and 28 seconds)

So cool! My thread! Thanks for that!

Oakwood Heights anyone?

Who came up with the Pulaski neighborhood? I attended Pulaski elementary school, but I never heard of that. Twin Pines subdivision, and derisively Skid Row[[e) after the street also.

On the original deed to our house , it says Greenfield township, and our neighborhood was the Loyola Brother Estates. Meyers and McNicols east and north of this area . We bought our house from a Jewish family the Susmans, way back in 1960 our house was built in 1940's I think there was a movie theater on Schafer and McNichols? the Mercury if I'm not mistaken?
    Also the owner of Federal's department store lived next door to our house and a engineer from GM built his house across the street. Our neighborhood is still pretty nice, quiet tree lined streets. Mumford is near by also.
    Last edited by Detroitdave; September-26-18 at 10:09 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4