Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ravine Guest

Lowell wrote:

"As Ravine mentions, she is also representative of a very large constituency of opinion albeit a minority and declining one."

I did not write that, or anything like that, and I do not believe that Sharon McPhail has a significant amount of support, or interest, coming from any corner, but for the outside chance that some ne'er-do-wells may be intrigued by the remote possibility of installing her as a puppet behind which to further their own machinations and bullshit agenda.

Sorry I mis-speed-read your post. You wrote 'KK still retains a sizable support group". However, I think that applies to McPhail too.

As for listening to people out of office I will even listen to Dick Cheney, even if I think he should be prosecuted for war crimes. Why? Because he was an insider, is informed and articulate and still represents a very large constituency of opinion albeit a minority and declining one.

LodgeDodger Guest

No way, Lowell. Her base is the lunatic fringe. Monica Conyers might be the laughing stock of the city, but this one isn't too far behind.

May I offer that by starting such a thread as this you are giving her what she might love -- attention?

To a politician, all news is good news -- as long as they spell your name correctly. And...

"The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference."

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    May I offer that by starting such a thread as this you are giving her what she might love -- attention?

To a politician, all news is good news -- as long as they spell your name correctly. And...

"The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference."
    Does she read DetroitYes?

It is my hope the local media will read the thread and get a clue.
    Last edited by LodgeDodger; March-29-10 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Adding to comment

Well she campaigned at the DetroitYES picnic prior to the primary. She might not read this forum but she knows about it. Hansen Clarke was there too. Charles Pugh last year.

LodgeDodger Guest

Well then, perhaps Sharon McPhail should weigh in on this thread. I'd love to discuss a few things with her!

Lowell, darling, I don't believe Ms. McPhail has the support of many local voters. The media continues to ask her opinion, as if anything she has to say is important. She no longer holds office. She's a perennial candidate. She's considered to be the comic relief of campaign season.

As far as media is concerned, they're not "getting" it. If they want the opinion of former office holders, why not ask someone like Sheila Cockrel?

Detroit can do so much better than having to listen to the opinion of Sharon McPhail. There are so many other bright and talented people out there with fantasic ideas. Sharon isn't one of them.

*hug*

*hug* back and ditto about Sheila Cockerel, Joe Harris and a bunch of others. But Controversy = Ratings too.

While the dubious legacy of Kwame Kilpatrick is destined to endure for many generations, it is regrettable that Sharon McPhail will soon be forgotten. Although she did not invent the bare-faced lie, she certainly made significant advances to the state of the art. Her "there is no secret agreement" interview on the evening before the release of the secret agreement [[related to the text messages) stands as a classic of the genre, rivaling the Monty Python "this bird's not dead, it's resting" routine.. Perhaps it is not too late to memorialize Ms. McPhail's enormous contribution to civic discourse. An annual "Sharon McPhail Big Fat Liar of the Year Award" could bestowed on an individual who goes beyond the normal domain of political hype, lying and distortion, and just tells huge, insane, bare-faced whoppers for the sheer sport of it, while keeping a straight face, in the grand style that Ms. McPhail has come to exemplify.
    Last edited by BFoster; March-29-10 at 10:13 PM.

lilpup Guest

With her being a member of the Bar and being involved in the KK calamity, why isn't she, too, before the grievance commission?

What, a discussion about Sharon McPhail and nobody's brought up her near-electrocution by seat cushion??

I did.Anyways,that seat cushion idea came from one twisted mind,don't you think?Why would an educated woman come up with a story like that?Then go public with it.Then blame KK for it.Then take his money for a job that allows you to be made bigger fool than you were.She needs to just move away.Dallas?

Let's hope taxpayers don't end up in the swimming pool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2