Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by highhat View Post
    How about at Silverbell..".East side story"
    Wow silverbell, that takes you back.

Default Seger

Opened for the Kinks at the Eastown Theatre. Early sevenites. Suds Factory, Ypsilanti. 72 or 73.

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    the song is actually about a dancer from topless bar in Ann Arbor, and it was located on State Street, but "down on State Street" just didn't have the same ring to it.
    ARTDS....Thats absolutely correct! Bob Segar is from Ann Arbor and he graduated with my Aunt Barb from Ann Arbor High, now known as Pioneer High on Main Street! Yesssssssssssssir

In case some haven't seen this website before , its a must see !
    http://www.motorcitymusicarchives.com/
    You can see who played at the Grande Ballroom year by year , month by month by clicking on the dates . The Grande Ballroom was often referred to as the Fillmore East after the Fillmore in San Francisco . Some really big names played at the Grande . I believe Bob Seger and the Last Heard is in there somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Bob Seger's "Main Street" will forever be associated to me by the expressive stylings of the exotic pole dancing set in various locations around the Motor City
    Hah!

I think Seger jumped the shark with "Stranger in Town." That album was very bland and white bread, and he only became more middle-of-the-road from there on out.

Many years ago, at Dawn, I made a Journey to Kansas to see Bob Seger. I took a train from Boston to Chicago, and then got on the REO Speedwagon until I reached Kansas. When I got off the train, I was in the Styx. I really felt like a Foreigner, and even worse, I was low on Eddie Money, and had no place to go. Yet, I felt that I was close to the Ocean, close enough that a Starship might bring me in closer. At this time, I feel a need to find a couple of Carpenters to fix my house. Two Eagles led me to where I needed to be...

I do not believe Bob Seger ever played the Grande..My first time seeing Seger was at the Hideout 50 cents..He also played at a teen gathering at Cobo Hall 65-66 ? way befor he Headlined it in the 70's...Bob Seger and the Last Heard,Bob Seger System,Silver Bullet Band..I remember when he played at the opening of Oaklan Mall 1968 ...20,000 people showed up...

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob66 View Post
    ARTDS....Thats absolutely correct! Bob Segar is from Ann Arbor and he graduated with my Aunt Barb from Ann Arbor High, now known as Pioneer High on Main Street! Yesssssssssssssir
    Bob Seger was AAHS Class of '63

Jim Osterberg [[Iggy) was AAHS Class of '65

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txlady View Post
    WABX [[whaa-bax), WRIF [[riff), W-whatever it was, [[Wheelz), WWWW [[dubya-4), loved them all.

Wheelz = WLLZ

I went through that whole motor city music archives and your right , Bob Seger isn't listed as ever playing there . I'm shocked by that because he's hometown , and by all the other big name acts that played the Grande , yet Seger did not

Quote Originally Posted by barnesfoto View Post
    Many years ago, at Dawn, I made a Journey to Kansas to see Bob Seger. I took a train from Boston to Chicago, and then got on the REO Speedwagon until I reached Kansas. When I got off the train, I was in the Styx. I really felt like a Foreigner, and even worse, I was low on Eddie Money, and had no place to go. Yet, I felt that I was close to the Ocean, close enough that a Starship might bring me in closer. At this time, I feel a need to find a couple of Carpenters to fix my house. Two Eagles led me to where I needed to be...
    Perhaps another fan of Kip Addotta?

Bob did play at the Grande Ballroom for the free John Sinclair Benefit

Quote Originally Posted by highhat View Post
    How about at Silverbell..".East side story".......The album "smokin O.P.s'" best version of "if I were a carpenter" by anyone.
    I think the show was the Frost[ Dick Wagner`s group]...SRC....Bob with Peppy`s dbl bass drums in the air. "heavy music" just on the radio.

If you notice on the Gary Grimshaw poster It says 2 nights Seger played at the Eastown...He never played at the Grande...I think if you do some checking you will find this out...His Manager Punch Held him back from the Grande for some reason...

Seger at Teen High at Grosse Pointe War Memorial in the late '60s.

Seger and Stevie Wonder were the two best acts at the John Sinclair Freedom Rally at Crisler Arena in Ann Arbor in late 1971 [[I think). Yoko Ono was the worst. John Lennon was ok.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2