Detroit Swag-o-mania

DetroitYES! has been presented free of charge since 1999 to create a forum of discussion to find answers to the great challenges facing our international metropolis of Detroit and Windsor... but at great expense.

If you enjoy DetroitYES! and would like to support its continuity and further development with a donation, your support would be greatly appreciated.

READ MORE »


New? Join DetroitYES»

DISCUSSING ALL THINGS DETROIT-WINDSOR SINCE 1999

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 68

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default Whiteboy Ricks buried Millions ?

    Is there any truth to the old story that whiteboy rick wershe buried millions of dollars before being sent to prision ? Didnt he hide is drugs the same way ? Maybe its really out there.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    870

    Default

    I ain't tellin'.

  3. #3

    Default

    Us Rick's have to hang together, so, sorry, nothing happening here, move on. ;-)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    Us Rick's have to hang together, so, sorry, nothing happening here, move on. ;-)
    Got that straight, bro.

    I don't know nuthin' 'bout no buried treasure. Especially one that's twenty paces west of the Belle Isle Casino north entrance, seven paces east of the trash barrel, twenty-five paces north to the elm tree lined up with the no standing sign.
    Nothing but old, dead leaves, worms and a few Stroh pop-tops buried underneath the largest east-facing limb. Plenty more to keep you busy in this city, so go on, scram!

    Besides, there's no "booty" to be plundered here since the island is shut down at dusk anyhow.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    113

    Default

    I had a dream they made a movie about White Boy Rick. The world premiere was at the Fox and Kid Rock was there in a "super fly" coat. Or does that seem far-fetched?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    86

    Default

    I almost bought a car off his dad- their both slime & I wouldn't trust a single thing either of them said.

    /Florida flood car - ugh

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    Doesn't Kid Rock's dad, own Marty Feldman Chevrolet in Novi? Or is this suppose to be a secret?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Doesn't Kid Rock's dad, own Marty Feldman Chevrolet in Novi? Or is this suppose to be a secret?
    Well, this gets off topic for a moment- White Boy Rick was a drug dealer, Kid Rock in music...

    Anyways, its no secret Kid Rock's dad was a car dealer. Bill Ritchie used to own (part of) Crest Lincoln Mercury on Van Dyke. Another owner of that dealership- Paul Alandt is married to Benson Ford's daughter- Lynn.
    Bill Ritchie used to be active with NADA and the NAIAS. Thought he sold out and retired. He might have invested in other dealers like Marty Feldman, who knows?
    Last edited by econ expat; March-25-10 at 07:42 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Marty Feldman?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,431

    Default

    It's under the big D.
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; March-25-10 at 03:56 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Check with R.S. Harper, he did the Mercedes casket.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    It's under the big D.
    You

    win

    this

    ​thread!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Doesn't Kid Rock's dad, own Marty Feldman Chevrolet in Novi? Or is this suppose to be a secret?

    If I remember correctly Marty Feldman, Jay Chevrolet and Liberty Chevrolet are all owned by the same corporation. Not sure if Kid Rock's father is involved.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Why is this guy callled "whiteboy Ricks"? If he was black and you called him blackboy ricks, there would be a huge uproar. I guess its that damn double standard again. Or is his first name Whiteboy? What makes it so important that everyone know hes a "white boy"? Just sayin.......

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exmotowner View Post
    Why is this guy callled "whiteboy Ricks"? If he was black and you called him blackboy ricks, there would be a huge uproar. I guess its that damn double standard again. Or is his first name Whiteboy? What makes it so important that everyone know hes a "white boy"? Just sayin.......

    Either you're not serious or you're not from around here...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    564

    Default

    White boy Rick Wershe, lived on Park Drive, Harper and Conner area

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdglsmn View Post
    Either you're not serious or you're not from around here...
    I am from there, but havent lived there in 25 years. No I dont know who this Ricks guy is. I was just sayin though.....

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exmotowner View Post
    I am from there, but havent lived there in 25 years. No I dont know who this Ricks guy is. I was just sayin though.....
    Your "just sayin" sounds more like a rant than a real issue. But since you asked, I'll explain why he was named something that he accepted.

    White Boy Rick was a young white kid that was in the drug game in Detroit during the 80's. If I do recall both him and his father were both busted in a big drug bust that included several blacks. He was called White Boy Rick because as most of us know, Detroit is a black majority city and at that time it was unheard of white kids selling and dealing dope in the inner city that was for the majority, known or labeled as a black thing. To a degree that's understandable seeing that most of the drug dealers in the city were/are black. Well, the ones that get caught.

    Dealers getting nick names like this is nothing new. He's not the only guy with a name that seem racist or offensive to you. They do the same thing here on the west coast. Hispanics that are in the black gangs have a stereotype name and the same applies to blacks that are in the Hispanic games. Anyways, crying over what the guy's nick name is melodramatic. Cry over all of the drugs that he was selling to addicts like most dealers do.

    Btw, he was one of the biggest to get caught in the game.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Great explanation, Dove-7. I believe he came up for parole a couple of years ago. Denied, of course.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    Your "just sayin" sounds more like a rant than a real issue. But since you asked, I'll explain why he was named something that he accepted.

    White Boy Rick was a young white kid that was in the drug game in Detroit during the 80's. If I do recall both him and his father were both busted in a big drug bust that included several blacks. He was called White Boy Rick because as most of us know, Detroit is a black majority city and at that time it was unheard of white kids selling and dealing dope in the inner city that was for the majority, known or labeled as a black thing. To a degree that's understandable seeing that most of the drug dealers in the city were/are black. Well, the ones that get caught.

    Dealers getting nick names like this is nothing new. He's not the only guy with a name that seem racist or offensive to you. They do the same thing here on the west coast. Hispanics that are in the black gangs have a stereotype name and the same applies to blacks that are in the Hispanic games. Anyways, crying over what the guy's nick name is melodramatic. Cry over all of the drugs that he was selling to addicts like most dealers do.

    Btw, he was one of the biggest to get caught in the game.
    Rick's dad was never busted for drugs. He was convicted for "possesing" gun silencers. They went after his dad to keep his mouth shut. They had alot of info on corrupt cops and politicians that those in power did not want to be outed.
    Rick wasn't one of the biggest. He was just a kid who got involved in the drug trade because of the Feds.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    hmm... I'm surprised that WB-Rick hasn't inspired some straight to dvd biopic yet.. i'm thinking he'd make a good topic for BET's 'American Gangster' series, but that show's not actively producing anymore, just showing reruns now..

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    254

    Default

    You can look him up on Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS) and see his current picture mugshot in prison. Been locked up for over twenty years and I think he deserves parole. You have rapists and killers that get parole, but Rick Wershe was just a drug dealer who, if released, wouldn't sell drugs ever again simply because of the fact that everyone would be watching his every move! He deserves another chance at life....FREE WHITE BOY RICK

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob66 View Post
    You can look him up on Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS) and see his current picture mugshot in prison. Been locked up for over twenty years and I think he deserves parole. You have rapists and killers that get parole, but Rick Wershe was just a drug dealer who, if released, wouldn't sell drugs ever again simply because of the fact that everyone would be watching his every move! He deserves another chance at life....FREE WHITE BOY RICK
    What? Many guilty rapist and killers don't deserve parole, but that's another topic. What Rick had done was very serious. As for him being "just a drug dealer and will never do it again" is pretty sad to play that down. You have to look at the degree of the crime. We're not talking about someone that sold a couple of crack rocks to a customer here. What he will and won't do if he ever get out is speculation which don't equate to facts or knowing. There are plenty of drug dealers that served their time and got right back in the game only to get caught again.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    What? Many guilty rapist and killers don't deserve parole, but that's another topic. What Rick had done was very serious. As for him being "just a drug dealer and will never do it again" is pretty sad to play that down. You have to look at the degree of the crime. We're not talking about someone that sold a couple of crack rocks to a customer here. What he will and won't do if he ever get out is speculation which don't equate to facts or knowing. There are plenty of drug dealers that served their time and got right back in the game only to get caught again.
    I certainly see your point here. I would agree with what you say, but he deserves to get out soon. 22 years in prison is a good enough sentence for dealing drugs. Besides, he was only a tennage kid when he did all of this stuff. We all did stupid things when we were teenagers. I changed my life around after "doin time" and I am very successul today.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob66 View Post
    You can look him up on Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS) and see his current picture mugshot in prison. Been locked up for over twenty years and I think he deserves parole. You have rapists and killers that get parole, but Rick Wershe was just a drug dealer who, if released, wouldn't sell drugs ever again simply because of the fact that everyone would be watching his every move! He deserves another chance at life....FREE WHITE BOY RICK
    People thought the same thing about Butch Jones when he got out of prison: He'll be clean because he knows everyone will be watching him. And where is Jones now? Right back in federal prison serving 30 years for starting up another drug ring when he got out.

    Rick is right where he needs and deserves to be. He wasn't some kid selling nickel bags on the corner; he was a major player in the drug trade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •