Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
    Opps it is not the same place. The White Sun is between Phillip and Marlborough. The Place I was talking about was between Manistique and Phillip
    It still could be the same restaurant though, they just moved into a new building.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Dollar General is opening in the strip mall instead of a Family Dollar. There is something wrong with this picture.
    Huh??

Since when is one dollar store so much better than another?? From what I can tell they pretty much all sell the same Chinese/Vietnamese/Indonesian food crap and knick-knacks, and American made paper products and surplus toiletries?

i would argue family dollar and dollar general are the same. they are not traditional dollar stores like dollar tree [[near staples and i don't think it brought staples down) and sell items costing upwards of $10 that you need for day to day life. the strip mall had a dollar store a couple years ago, dollar daze and i say dollar general is a small step up...

Default Newport

Lived at 745 Newport, between Jefferson and Freud, between 1961 and 1970. House was gone within 2 years after we moved out [[we were renting and the owner sold the house, then told us we had to leave). Walked to Guyton, spent a lot of time at the Kresge's on Lakewood and Jefferson, and bought milk and bread from Sal's, on the corner of Newport and Freud.

And you pronounced Freud to rhyme with rude, right?

Lived at 247 Chalmers from 68-83 [[although my folks stayed till '94) walked to Guyton, the hill store, Tommys at angel park. What an awesome place to grow up...too many great places and memories to list. It was a place where everyone knew their neighbor and there were tons of kids everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGall View Post
    And you pronounced Freud to rhyme with rude, right?

Absolutely!

What year did the strip mall open on Jefferson and Dickerson?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2