Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by leland_palmer View Post
    I wonder if she will claim that all she was conducting her own sting operation? Can she be charged with wiretapping for recording conversations without getting permission.
    If she didn't change her vote, she might have had a semi-convincing argument

Time for this drama queen to take her show on the road.
    I think her next audience will be less than impressed.
    My advice, "Zip the lip."

"My advice, "Zip the lip.""

Good advice, but with Monica in the manic mode...ain't gonna happen.

Anyone know the particulars on someone being eligible for a public defender? I thought they had to show proof of inability to pay for an attorney?

Now she has hotshot counsel, paid for by you and me.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010031...ot-Conyers-tab

Anyone know the particulars on someone being eligible for a public defender? I thought they had to show proof of inability to pay for an attorney?
    One can only wonder why there isn't a reporter parked outside of JC's office to ask that very question. The Freep article explains how it could be possible she could claim a need for a PD, JC needs to explain to us why he is fobbing his beard off on the rest of us.

Curious if she will be granted conjugal visits with John, and if he is like, whatever, about having some short time with Monica will a surrogate be permitted to stand in?

Ugh!!!!! I almost lost my lunch just now reading that ...........Yuck. Trying to picture Monica and John...............

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbred View Post
    Ugh!!!!! I almost lost my lunch just now reading that ...........Yuck. Trying to picture Monica and John...............
    Don't you mean trying NOT to picture Monica and John?

Yeah...what was John thinking.....oh that's right, he was thinking with the other head!

Buy American Guest

She screwed the taxpayers once, now she's doing it again! Isn't there a saying about that? Bush got it all messed up...."screw me once, shame on you; screw me twice, shame on me".
    What the hell is wrong with Congressman Conyers? You mean to tell me he can't afford a lawyer for his beloved? Come on...this is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    Curious if she will be granted conjugal visits with John, and if he is like, whatever, about having some short time with Monica will a surrogate be permitted to stand in?
    That's a negative. The Federal Prison system does not allow conjugal visits

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbred View Post
    Yeah...what was John thinking.....oh that's right, he was thinking with the other head!
    He was probably thinking that this marriage of convenience is not so convenient anymore.

I had heard on one of the radio shows this morning that Monica's son confronted papa John for not being by mommy's side. The son should had confronted mommy Monica for being such an embarrasement.

From The News: "The information available to the judge established an inability to pay for an attorney by Mrs. Conyers," said a statement issued today by the court's media information officer, Rod Hansen. "This information included a detailed description of her financial resources in the presentence investigation report. And that Mrs. Conyers was on her own, so to speak, as to such resources. Further inquiry was not appropriate and would have intruded on private matters."

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...-funded-lawyer

Stosh Guest

I agree.

Oh wait... that says indigent in the article, not ignorant.

My bad.. carry on.

I was willing to J. Conyers the benefit of the doubt for not showing up in court. It was a no-win situation. However, to not even help her acquire an attorney? Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    That's a negative. The Federal Prison system does not allow conjugal visits
    You remind me of Office Space,

Peter Gibbons: [discussing the possibility of going to prison] This isn't Riyadh. You know they're not gonna saw your hands off here, alright? The worst they would ever do is they would put you for a couple of months into a white-collar, minimum-security resort! Shit, we should be so lucky! Do you know, they have conjugal visits there?
    Samir: Really?
    Peter Gibbons: Yes.
    Michael Bolton: Shit. I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months.

. . . .

Rob Newhouse: Conjugal visits? Mmmm. Not that I know of. Y'know, minimum-security prison is no picnic. I have a client in there right now. He says the trick is: kick someone's ass the first day, or become someone's bitch. Then everything will be all right. W-Why do you ask, anyway?

. . . .

Michael Bolton: We get caught laundering money, we're not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison.
    Samir: I don't want to go to ANY prison!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/quotes

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I had heard on one of the radio shows this morning that Monica's son confronted papa John for not being by mommy's side. The son should had confronted mommy Monica for being such an embarrasement.
    Can't blame the son for wanting his father to support his mother but he knows his father will always be a politician. Conyers don't want to be Carolyn Cheeks-Kilpatrick 2008 fighting for his seat because of a scandalous relative. Cheeks-Kilpatrick almost lost her seat because she came out supporting her son. Conyers is not going to say anything or do anything that would make voters frown on him. If Conyers had appeared in federal court with his wife who plead guilty before she tried to take it back, people would have said he support every dirty move she made therefore he has to be just as dirty.

heard some clip on 89x, not sure if it's old and been discussed several times over but the whole "Shrek" bit and the ensuing street talk coming out of her mouth just makes me wonder why she was elected in the first place she sounds so low-class it's unbelievable.....the ensuing mockery made by Dave and Chuck the freak was hysterical

Default Now she wants 'free' public defender!

Monica Conyers is CLAIMING TO BE INDIGENT! Well, OK again she and KK are sharing the same shovel to dig themselves deeper and deeper. Do these folk have an discretion? And yet they say they represent the "peeps" of the community. Yeah right. Lies! Blatant and bold... And the news is going national... see link below:

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...s_delcared.php

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5