Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

sometimes its not just the money that the seller is looking at, but the contingencies... if someone is paying less but willing to make the deal "as is" with no inspections they will likely take that vs. someone paying more, taking it "as is", but subject to them making an inspection of the property... they don't want to wait another month to try and resell when the inspection reveals some defects... they will take less money just to dump it "as is" where is, with NO inspections or contingencies....

Thanks for the info New.how wonderful for Boston Edison...... Good luck to you.

Goose, yeah, the deal aint dont till its done. I know there ae some shady deals out there, but sometimes its just all part of the negotiation process, and things do come up in inspections that can be price affecting down the line. I carved $14,000 off my last house after inspection.
    Last edited by n7hn; March-07-10 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Newhorizons View Post
    Yes I have dumped my previous real estate agent and found someone so much better... And interesting that people are posting phone numbers and trying to sell real estate on this thread... LOL. Since were on that topic then anyone know of any properties in the Boston Edison for sale?? You never know!!!
    Newhorizons: Ever hear of a "service test"?

service test??? Oh do tell me

Oh and by the way Goose all my offers were as is where is... No inspections I do that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Newhorizons View Post
    service test??? Oh do tell me
    I don't think so - Since you are obviously expert in all things real estate [[and probably everything else, judging by your posts - "LOL"), it would be a waste of time. Thanks for playing.

Sumas, best of luck to your son. I have lived in EEV since 2000 and am cautiously optomistic about the future of the area. With patience and a little luck he should be able to find a good, solid house at a reasonable price.
    He should also check out www.mcbreo.com, it is the HUD website where available houses can be searched by zip code and the bidding process is relatively transparent even though a licensed broker must submit the bid for you. In addition to 48224, he should look at 48236 which is not EEV but is the area roughly bounded by Mack/Chandler Park/Moross/Canyon. Only problem is the houses are "as is" and usually need more than a fair amount of work.

I am used to Canadian real estate and am not an expert in real estate but trying my best to learn here.. Judging by your answer you seem to be above all... LOL thanks anyway dont need your help.

Well back again with another issue... My fiance and I made an offer on a property today with our new Real Estate agent who I must say is one of the best I have met.. Agressive and knows what shes doing.. Now this is the interesting part. Saw the listing today and made an offer on the full price of the listing no questions asked. No inspection I just wanted the house as I had seen it outside weeks ago and since we are totally renovating the interior I didnt care to see it. Now my agent faxes the offer after the listing agent says to do so.. After the end of the day the Real Estate Agent who has the listing says its not fair to take the offer as other agents would like to show it as well and it is going to be a highest and best... What is going on here. We offer full listing price Cash with no inspections no contigencies... My Real Estate Agent bless her soul told them that this was rediculous and that they HAD to give the seller our offer... Well we will have to wait and see tomorrow what the outcome is. As to the Broker who has the house listed this is not the end of this situation. What is happening here in Detroit is a farce for buyers and I am taking this to the Real Estate Board if she does not comply and does not show our offer.

neighbor Guest

Exactly. Take it to the board if it is not presented. The selling agent MUST show the seller every offer no matter how high or how low.

What this agent is trying to do is the old " i have another offer so you better act fast and bring your best offer soon" trick.

Get this crappy agents license revoked.

How long has the house been on the market? What are the odds that multiple offers will actually come in?

Only been on the market for two days... I cannot believe that an agent is willing to go so low.. I will post more as time progresses....

Well I have been blessed.. FINALLY bought a home exactly where I wanted.. My real estate agent was FANTASTIC..... The search continues for more... If anyone has more comments I am sure everyone would love to hear them...

Congrats on getting your home! Its true multiple offer sceanrios seem to be the norm with bank owned properties these days due to list prices really at rock bottom. Remember there are documents that need to be signed when in that situation. Your agent should include special terms with your offer to get your proof your offer was presented and rejected. I'm an agent [[and investor) and had to learn a couple of lessons the hard way and i won't forget them. Also I may be taking legal action along with filing the necessary complaints for a deal that i did not get where the accepted offer was $10k LESS than my cash offer. Only make new mistakes is the mantra.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2