Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    I read that most of the agents were "out in the field" and only a few were inside the building at the time of the crash.

Do you think he could have targeted the building at this point and time on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    Do you think he could have targeted the building at this point and time on purpose?

Perhaps, given his state of mind [[or the lack thereof) maybe body counts were not as important to him as destroying a building that was a symbolic physical representation of the IRS, with the potential of recreating on a smaller scale the destruction of the Twin Towers [[international monetary trade) and Pentagon [[military power) 9/11 jet crashes.

possible, but if he wanted to do it so no one would get hurt, why not wait until midnight?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    possible, but if he wanted to do it so no one would get hurt, why not wait until midnight?
    Flying at night would cause him to rely more on his instruments and maybe risk hitting something other than his intended target first [[telephone/electrical wires, poles) at that low of an altitude in a very congested area of the city. He struck the seven-story building between the second and third floors to ensure maximum damage to the building, including the resulting fire.

wtf>>>papa....

MLK preached non violence...

like it or not we all pay taxes and whether you like that or not...the people working didn't deserve what they got..NO RATIONALIZATION...these anti tax folks [[generalization) forget what taxes pay for half the time....

I was at the OKC bomb site afterwards... i have worked with first responders and people affected by this anti-government [[to big- rhetoric: water the tree)...it is bull...sorry to keep it so real...these people [[generalization) say they are patriotic while praises secessionist like Palin and you will see more of these people coming out of the hills and rocks....I see it all the time ...again keepingit real...these people dont give a dam about fellow humanity..just protecting their own kind of humanity and [[their own kind of people)...

Why do I get the feeling the Teafungs will turn this guy into some sort of martyr?

If they could separate their anger from their self righteousness, these people could stand a chance of achieving their goal. Otherwise they just win the booby prize of the Darwin Awards.

It's all about the anger. People who feel they must anger their followers in order to motivate them succeed only in undermining their own supporters. That's why they deserve their own second-order Darwin Award, posthumously.

If you ever find yourself hating or angry, there's a good chance you're being used.

This guy's moronic actions will not go ignored.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...021904474.html

"GEORGETOWN, Texas -- After 9/11, cockpit doors were sealed, air marshals were added and airport searches became more aggressive, all to make sure an airliner could never again be used as a weapon. Yet little has been done to guard against attacks with smaller planes.
    That point was driven home with chilling force on Thursday when a Texas man with a grudge against the IRS crashed his single-engine plane into an office building in a fiery suicide attack. One person inside the building was also killed.
    "It's a big gap," said R. William Johnstone, an aviation security consultant and former staff member of the commission that investigated the Sept. 11 attacks. "It wouldn't take much, even a minor incident involving two simultaneously attacking planes, to inflict enough damage to set off alarm bells and do some serious harm to the economy and national psyche."
    The suburban Georgetown Municipal Airport that pilot Joe Stack entered hours before his airborne attack in nearby Austin had the casual atmosphere of a sleepy parking garage. Pilots were not subject to baggage checks, metal detector scans or pat-downs. And they are usually not required to file flight plans.

"How are they going to stop it? This guy had a hangar, and he had access to the airport," said Beth Ann Jenkins, president of Pilot's Choice, a flight school near where Stack kept his Piper.
    Travis McLain, manager of the airport, said: "I don't know of a rule or regulation or safety precaution that could have prevented what happened yesterday."""

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    Flying at night would cause him to rely more on his instruments and maybe risk hitting something other than his intended target first [[telephone/electrical wires, poles) at that low of an altitude in a very congested area of the city. He struck the seven-story building between the second and third floors to ensure maximum damage to the building, including the resulting fire.
    There you have it -- he was bent on MAXIMUM damage and didn't give a rat's ass about fatalities, unless he was also planning on maximizing those too

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Why do I get the feeling the Teafungs will turn this guy into some sort of martyr?
    They already have

I'm sure the Left has great love for the IRS and the way it treats people, the fairness of the tax laws, and the way it has one set of rules for special interests versus another for the common man. The Beatles even loved the Tax Man!

I'm not crazy about the fact that I pay more money proportionally than rich people, but I'm not about to commit a terrorist act to protest. I'd rather make sure my money goes to health care and social programs, rather than war and repression. That requires a little more thought than just trying to rain death upon innocent people.

Pito's ramblings about "The common man", his selective outrage about taxes today, but not prior to Obama, and his barely concealed admiration for a faux-common man/terrorist who failed repeatedly and yet refused to give up his expensive house and private plane, and his and selective outrage about taxes are very odd.

Wasn't he paying taxes to the same when Ray-Gun, [[whom he speaks so lovingly of) was sending his tax dollars to some of the same people in Afghanistan whom we are now fighting in a war started by Little Bush? Where was the outrage when "The Common Men" who worked at American Meatpacking plants were losing their jobs due to Raygun's deregulation?

While I resent that Ray-gun took my tax dollars to fund pointless military adventures that have bitten us in the ass, and and Little Bush got us started fighting the people that Raygun armed and funded, in general taxes are the price we pay for living in a developed country. Most developed countries have higher taxes than the United States.
    There are a number of countries to the south of us where taxes are much lower, and conservative policies and governments are in place. Imagine a country with low taxes, many millionaires, no abortion, weak unions, no welfare, and a conservative President!
    It's called Mexico. Why not move there?
    Last edited by barnesfoto; February-23-10 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    Another option would have been a weekend or a Federal holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    They are charged with enforcing federal tax laws, which are some of the most convoluted and obtuse of any laws on the books.
    Yes, but there's the matter of HOW.

When you're stopped for speeding, the cop can write you a ticket, or take the IRS approach and beat the hell out of you, burn your car, then go to your house and beat your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Like anti-government martyr Bill Ayers?

Classic change the subject. Yes, Patrick, I bet Papasito has a picture of this terrorist prick on his wall with little hearts all around his head.

Who even heard of Bill Ayers before the last election?

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post

Who even heard of Joe Stack six months from now?

I'm curious. What right-wing site told you to bring up Ayres, who is irrelevant to the conversation? It was sort of dropped randomly.

I imagine the family of the man he murdered will think of Joe Stack in six months, Papasito. Also when the copycat acts begin, as they are whipped into action by right wing radio and their obedient minions, we will all remember your terrorist idol.

Who even heard of Joe Stack six months from now?
    Nobody heard of him 6 months ago.

6 months from now, he will be well remembered and probably immortalized in American folklore, and from then into the future like so many others.

as far as I can tell, Ayers is still alive, hasn't suffered any major loss, hasn't in any way filled the requirements of a "martyr" unless you call being slanderred by ex-FEEBS martyrdom

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Nobody heard of him 6 months ago.

6 months from now, he will be well remembered and probably immortalized in American folklore, and from then into the future like so many others.
    three months from now he will be forgotten except by those whose lives he destroyed and a few whack jobs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2