Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Darn. I missed out. I opened the door to the bakery and it was wall-to-wall pączki fans. I couldn't wait that long. What did I expect on Pączki Day? <smacks forehead> They should declare a second Pączki Day for the overflow demand.

It was kind of funny though. It was like the scene from Duck, You Sucker! where the bank robbers keep blasting open vaults expecting to find gold but instead find them packed with surprised political prisoners.

All this talk about pączki dredged up an old memory of beignets in New Orleans. Are there many places around Detroit that sell beignets?

Default Paczki Day

Looking at Detroit News photos of Paczki day in Hamtramck I don't see any people with HIJABS standing in line. Where did all the natives go? Are paczki halal and NA?