Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pets

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    It's a very dark shade for so young a lady, but then, I am somewhat permissive, you know.
    She must be watching "Jerseylicious"--she's going for that "smokey-eyed" look.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    She must be watching "Jerseylicious"--she's going for that "smokey-eyed" look.
    At least she hasn't started ratting her ears. Oh, wait, she is a Rat Terrier. I guess I'm going to have to crack down on her a bit, else we'll have the pitter patter of tiny paws before we know it.

Today I spotted a muskrat in the Clinton River west of the Utica library. They're building a new mini river walk there.

Healthy wildlife means a healthy environment.

LodgeDodger Guest

betterhalf and I have adopted a dog--her name is Ruby. It was love at first sight for all of us.

Name:  ruby first day two edited.jpg
Views: 2387
Size:  29.9 KB
    Name:  cookie for me.jpg
Views: 2357
Size:  21.9 KB
    Name:  ruby [[2).jpg
Views: 2432
Size:  38.4 KB

betterhalf and I have adopted a dog--her name is Ruby. It was love at first sight for all of us.

Name:  ruby first day two edited.jpg
Views: 2387
Size:  29.9 KB
    Name:  cookie for me.jpg
Views: 2357
Size:  21.9 KB
    Name:  ruby [[2).jpg
Views: 2432
Size:  38.4 KB
    Well, it looks like Ruby just settled right in

Been living between two households and am gradually moving stuff. Most recent boxes to go are framed and loose pictures. Found pictures of my two persians that I still miss. Found pictures of my St Bernard too. Actually wasted a lot of time looking at those old photos but it sure was fun reminincing.

Have three dogs right now and a cat on the third floor that never ventures down.

Sumas

LodgeDodger Guest

Well, it looks like Ruby just settled right in
    She owns the place. ;-) Last night, I was worried about a possible "mess" in the house, even though her foster Mom said she's never messed. At two this AM, Ruby wakes me to go out. So I'm standing in the backyard at 2:00 AM in my boots and pajamas in the rain. I really didn't mind as I knew she was settled in and wouldn't have an accident.

Name:  ruby day two.jpg
Views: 2355
Size:  22.6 KB

She owns the place. ;-) Last night, I was worried about a possible "mess" in the house, even though her foster Mom said she's never messed. At two this AM, Ruby wakes me to go out. So I'm standing in the backyard at 2:00 AM in my boots and pajamas in the rain. I really didn't mind as I knew she was settled in and wouldn't have an accident.

Name:  ruby day two.jpg
Views: 2355
Size:  22.6 KB
    She looks like a really happy girl and I'm sure that she knows that you are someone special for taking her in. She will adore you.

Putz, AKA The Loaf, Turkey Loaf, Stinky, Pillowmeister.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Does that dog have only one tooth in the front? I love the name, Loaf. Ruby came to us with a name.

Ruby has a lovely smile.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    Ruby has a lovely smile.
    Thanks ORF. I took her for a long walk after dinner--she's just a big blob on the living room floor right now. She's really settling in--she knows where the "magic cheeseburger" cupboard is now located. When she wants a treat, she'll stand in front of it and make noises.

GUSHI Guest

This is gushi Name:  drunk gushi.jpg
Views: 2335
Size:  26.1 KB

GUSHI Guest

This is gushi before a drink, Name:  Dr[1]. Gushi.jpg
Views: 2370
Size:  27.5 KB

Is Gushi friends with Sam Beckett?

GUSHI Guest

my little buddy
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 2308
Size:  17.3 KB

GUSHI Guest

Is Gushi friends with Sam Beckett?
    Who is that?

LodgeDodger Guest

Name:  loafdog.jpg
Views: 2220
Size:  32.2 KB

This cracked me up.

Turkey Loaf is exactly that Dodger. LMAO.

Yup he has only one tooth in front. Makes him look mean doesnt it.

LodgeDodger Guest

Turkey Loaf is exactly that Dodger. LMAO.

Yup he has only one tooth in front. Makes him look mean doesnt it.
    Funny how that one tooth "survived".

Our four-month old cat, Andy, loves to crawl into small spaces. When I was putting a Postal box together today, though, he cracked me up when he neatly crawled in to it. I guess he wanted to get shipped to my son in Livonia!

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Who is that?
    Sam Beckett was the time traveler in Quantum Leap who was aided in his time leaps by a scientist with incredibly bad breath who went by the name Gushi

Funny how that one tooth "survived".
    I took The Loaf one night for a sleepover from Sumas and tried to brush his teeth and a tooth came out.

Hes a super happy dog who gets lots of dropped treats from the dinner table and he actually does have most of his teeth, just that one in front happens to stick out.

Heres a pic of the original Django. Full name Django Boone Dog
    He loved Churches fried chicken. In Oakland where we spent his early years, if I couldnt find Django I would simply go down to Churches Fried Chicken by the West Oakland BART station and sure enough he would be hanging out lookin for scraps.
    When Boone passed on I buried him next to Churches Fried Chicken On Woodward and Forest. His burial place is actually what is now the NE corner of the Rite Aid parking lot. After I buried him they paved it over creating a permanent retirement for my favorite dog. Django was an amazing partner, only Farnsworth Boone Dog comes close.
    Django was a mix of acid queen and junkyard king. His mother, Pegg O was a Grateful Dead tour dog whos owners dealt in LSD. Pegg O loved tripping and knew the scent of LSD. Peg would go through the bus [[which she had to hang out in while mom n dad were in the show) digging through cloths and whatever to find the LSD, she would sometimes find sheets [[100 doses) and eat the entire thing. She was able to sniff out stamps used to print logos on the sheets of LSD and would only chew on the stamps which had been used on the LSD paper, in return, giving her a trip. Peggy O was the Acid Queen of dogs, Mother of Django Boone Dog.

Buddy Boone Dog was the Junkyard King. Buddy was a mix of Rott and Shepheard but you really wouldnt know it. Buddy was the runt of the litter and his brothers let him know it. Buddy was their chew toy and earned his solemn demeanor in his later years from the fact that he was bullied all his life. Buddys elder sibs were big and mean but when local drug dealer decided to put the hurtin on someone living in the warehouse everybody was living in Buddys three brothers were all killed by gun. Fast forward about ten years at the same warehouse. Buddy is still alive, and I became close with him. I was the only one who would let him in my room even though he stank so bad and obviously had fleas. By this time Buddy was a seasoned dog of the ghetto. That summer the guy with the crack problem moved back into the warehouse, this is the guy who owed the drug dealer money which in turn got Buddys brothers killed. Sure enough the drug dealer is still in the hood and hasnt forgotten about the debt. Dealer sends two kids over with a claw hammer and puts it into Buddys head. The claw was sticking into Boones head when they brought him to the vet. one week in the hospital and Boone Dogs lookin pretty ragged but survives it all. Buddy was the Junkyard king, a true junkyard dog. From those two dogs, Peggy O the acid queen and Buddy Boone the junkyard king Django Boone Dog was born. From that I name all my dogs Boone Dogs.

Funny story about Django and the pic below. This was taken on Christmas day back in the 90s in Blodgette Oregon. We had been visiting a friend and decided to walk down to a x-mas party at another friends house. Django was a city dog, raised almost completely in Oakland Ca. He knew nothing but pavement and concrete. We were walking down this dirt road in Oregon when we started to come up to our friends house. Django stopped in his tracks while looking down the dirt road intently, then takes off into a full on run, heading for I don't know what. When he gets to the bottom of their paved driveway he immediately stops squats and unloads a huge pile right in the middle of the asphalt. All that time in the city he had never seen much grass and it just didnt seem right for him to poo on anything that wasnt pavement, that paved driveway was like an oasis to him. He was so relieved and proud that he had finally found a proper place to shit. .

I could go on with amazing tales of Farnsworth Boone Dog.

Had to put down my beloved black lab Carly in Nov/2011, she had a mast cell tumor that wouldn't stop growing. Went for 6 months without a dog, it was horrible. The house seemed empty and sad. Got a new black lab pup, Lily Blue, in May/2012 and the house is joyous once again. Took her for a swim in lake Erie yesterday at Luna Pier.Name:  IMG_0092.jpg
Views: 2423
Size:  31.3 KB

Still have the same three dogs and the mystery 3rd floor cat. Really would love a main floor cat but a young cat strayed into our yard last summer and two of our three dogs attacked it viciously. I was screaming and pulled them off. Held that little sweet thing til it died.

Side note: Putz, of many names, is now 24 yrs old.

I am an advanced master gardener, own a company Scapes but because of my bad boys, my personal landscape sucks. Holes galore. Oh well.

Call me crazy but I really want a basset hound now. I have a large yard that is destroyed so its kind of a why not.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast